PDA

View Full Version : Trading Updates

Mr-Trainor
08-02-2016, 12:23 PM
https://www.habbo.com/community/article/19938/trading-update

Today’s changes:

You are now able to 'stack’ multiples of the same item in trading slots, saving valuable space. (The item number field is circled in green in the image below)
When receiving credit furni in a trade (e.g. Gold Bars, Diamond Ducks, 2016 Bubble Juice etc), you will receive the credit value to your purse instead of having those items delivered to your inventory. So, for example, instead of receiving a gold bar, you will receive 50 credits. Normal furni will be delivered to your inventory as usual.

So the first added feature has been highly requested for a long time and is a great addition.

But the second update..?! Firstly, say you sell all your norms for a gold bar in a trade and then you're automatically credited with 50 credits; you'd then have to get an extra credit from somewhere to turn that back in to the gold bar you were given. And I can't believe other credit furni items like crystal skulls are included in this given that they're limited edition items that are no longer on sale. Their reasoning is for combating fraud.

lemons
08-02-2016, 12:27 PM
lol there are loads of full rooms on habbo right now rioting the second change

lawrawrrr
08-02-2016, 12:35 PM
I don't even understand the second part? If you're traded coins it goes into your purse?! So EVERY PERSON is forced to pay the extra rate to exchange into coins again? That's bullshit!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt
08-02-2016, 12:38 PM
that second part sucks, what a scam.

Scotland
08-02-2016, 12:43 PM
Interesting update.
The bulk trading itself is great.
The credits rolling into your purse after trade not so great.. If they are going to do this at least remove the 1c credit tax.

lawrawrrr
08-02-2016, 12:50 PM
This screenie is interesting, can you trade straight from your purse? Looks like 2 separate options, from purse OR inventory?

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/08/2bd6dda1b53b5c2007ba47ef6f13462c.jpg

But then also this is confusing as you can choose to give furni versions of coins and stuff too??

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/08/2e4e8c9d05ca677632212a2cb478b0b4.jpg

So confused :(

Scotland
08-02-2016, 12:57 PM
This screenie is interesting, can you trade straight from your purse? Looks like 2 separate options, from purse OR inventory?

But then also this is confusing as you can choose to give furni versions of coins and stuff too??

Nope, can't trade straight from purse.
The little credits logo on the other persons trade is all their exchange items in 1.

Here's an example
http://i.imgur.com/jesnbUE.png

xxMATTGxx
08-02-2016, 12:58 PM

Doesn't point 2 on their article say that will go straight to your purse rather than the inventory.

When receiving credit furni in a trade (e.g. Gold Bars, Diamond Ducks, 2016 Bubble Juice etc), you will receive the credit value to your purse instead of having those items delivered to your inventory. So, for example, instead of receiving a gold bar, you will receive 50 credits. Normal furni will be delivered to your inventory as usual.

I assume what the screenshot is showing is that you can now offer credits from your purse into the trade. Maybe?

Edit: Oh the person above me has answered the question.

Martin
08-02-2016, 12:59 PM
I really don't get the reasoning behind the 2nd one?!

lawrawrrr
08-02-2016, 01:04 PM
Doesn't point 2 on their article say that will go straight to your purse rather than the inventory.

I assume what the screenshot is showing is that you can now offer credits from your purse into the trade. Maybe?

Edit: Oh the person above me has answered the question.

Yeah that's what I thought! But you can still offer the actual physical thing? Doesn't seem to make sense. Hopefully Dominic will reply soon

Martin; I assume it's to boost the amount of people buying credits from the exchange so they get more of the "tax". I'd be ok with the changes if they got rid of the tax of 1c per 10c or did bulk (so like, you get a discount on tax if you buy 100 coins)

Martin
08-02-2016, 01:08 PM
Yeah that's what I thought! But you can still offer the actual physical thing? Doesn't seem to make sense. Hopefully Dominic will reply soon

@Martin (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=55726); I assume it's to boost the amount of people buying credits from the exchange so they get more of the "tax". I'd be ok with the changes if they got rid of the tax of 1c per 10c or did bulk (so like, you get a discount on tax if you buy 100 coins)

If you can add credits to the trade directly from your purse though surely it will eventually eliminate the need to exchange credits at all?

If you're not able to add them from your purse then I agree that is a very sneaky way of them making extra tax from us!!

Nick
08-02-2016, 01:09 PM
i like the first one but might hop on the hotel for the riot

allahu akbar David;

lawrawrrr
08-02-2016, 01:11 PM
If you can add credits to the trade directly from your purse though surely it will eventually eliminate the need to exchange credits at all?

If you're not able to add them from your purse then I agree that is a very sneaky way of them making extra tax from us!!

You can't add directly from purse, that would be the sensible thing!!!

xxMATTGxx
08-02-2016, 01:17 PM
I guess it's all related to Habbo needing to make some extra money this year and this is one of the many ways of generating that income. This and then the adverts for non-Habbo Club/Builders Club members.

What's next?!

Empired
08-02-2016, 01:17 PM
I'm so bloody annoyed at that second one. I hardly ever trade but all of a sudden that fucks everything up. Did Habbo think they might be able to pacify us with that first change or something?

Lewis
08-02-2016, 01:33 PM
First one is good, second one is ludicrous. Should be optional.

Also seeing all coins as one item is stupid, what if I only want GBs and it turns out someones gave me a bunch of sacks?

Kittysoft
08-02-2016, 01:37 PM
First one is good, second one is ludicrous. Should be optional.

Also seeing all coins as one item is stupid, what if I only want GBs and it turns out someones gave me a bunch of sacks?

In your example trade, you wouldn't get the sacks or the GBs, they would be instantly converted to your purse so to get your GBs, you'll have to go to the Habbo Exchange and pay the 1c/GB tax.

lemons
08-02-2016, 01:38 PM
by the way this applies to ALL currency furni so even those crowns rubys diamonds emeralds platinum bars etc which are worth 100s and 1000s of credits

Empired
08-02-2016, 01:38 PM
I checked out the riot rooms and they're really boring lol. In the ones I could get into, hardly anyone was speaking and they were all just standing round.

lawrawrrr
08-02-2016, 01:43 PM
With the bigger items doesn't it basically make them untradeable then? Unless you trade via MP then you're going to lose the item...

Samantha
08-02-2016, 02:01 PM
With the bigger items doesn't it basically make them untradeable then? Unless you trade via MP then you're going to lose the item...

As well as them seeming untradeable it means they are only ever worth their face value, but as soon as you trade them they're gone. So a Coin Suitcase, worth 1500 Credits at face value, but it doesn't matter as if you trade it, it's then out of circulation.

I think they'll probably stop Market Place trading on currency items - if not then they might have a level of rarity about them if they don't change to purse Credits when you buy them. Although if they did change to purse Credits when you buy them from the Market Place it's just incredibly pointless as you need to use those Credits to buy it anyway!

The way limited currency works, and has always worked is that it's available for a limited period of time and therefore gains value - they are just ruining that, yeah do it for Catalogue currency, but don't extend it to limited ones - the limited ones could actually be worth something! I would be really annoyed if I had bought a currency for over it's face value, because now you're just going to trade it for the face value which isn't fair if you bought it for more.

Goodbye 48c Gold Bars, as the person buying the Gold Bar gets the 2 Credits anyway - they need to remove the tax if they're doing this, it's unfair and stupid if not. What if you sell something in a 1 Credit shop? You can't then use that in another shop, it's just reducing the amount of trading that will happen because we won't be able to afford the exchange rate eventually. I can see Market Place values increasing for some items, those that you usually buy in shops because why spend 2 Credits for a Bronze Coin when for example, I could buy a Corner Plinth for 1 Credit (2 with commission) in the Market Place and save a lot of hassle finding another Credit for the exchange.

They could have asked players how they could improve trading, or what we would like to see, but no, it's all about their gain again.

lawrawrrr
08-02-2016, 02:03 PM
I guess what they're thinking is people will run out of credits if they keep trading as they're losing the tax all the time and therefore buy more for real cash. But I just don't think that's realistic at all, the majority of Habbos don't buy credits I wouldn't have thought...

I really think they should introduce bulk rates for exchange items

dbgtz
08-02-2016, 02:04 PM
I hope Habbox suspends it's official fansite status in protest.

Cerys
08-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Well doesn't this SUCK

I can see them understanding our concerns and either removing the 2nd point all together or removing the exchange rate but yknow it is habbo so it wouldn't surprise me if they followed through with this til the end. Rip

lawrawrrr
08-02-2016, 02:19 PM
Habbo not going to step back at all despite all the protests:

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/08/2a0e5668aaf05aa01792fd86325a15d2.jpg

I don't even think it's a smart business move, I don't see how it's going to affect the amount people buy anyway

RIPHABBO is trending in Brazil

lemons
08-02-2016, 02:21 PM
woww at the trend that's huge

habbo is a big deal in brazil

xxMATTGxx
08-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Yeah, Brazil is like the biggest market for Habbo isn't it? like the most popular hotel out of the lot. That's when you know they have made a mistake if that are kicking off about it.

David
08-02-2016, 03:13 PM
i like the first one but might hop on the hotel for the riot

allahu akbar @David (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=73895);

can we still trade bombs

Art
08-02-2016, 03:40 PM
#RIPHabbo is trending #3 worldwide...

This is clearly a money grab. I don't see how this would deter fraudulent transactions.

Scotland
08-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Marketplace cap has been raised to 25000 credits.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cas_-aGWEAAEFtw.png

Lewis
08-02-2016, 04:03 PM
In your example trade, you wouldn't get the sacks or the GBs, they would be instantly converted to your purse so to get your GBs, you'll have to go to the Habbo Exchange and pay the 1c/GB tax.

Oh yeah forgot about that despite it being the first thing I mentioned

Oops :P

Scotland
08-02-2016, 04:04 PM
#RIPHabbo is now top thing trending worldwide O_O

lawrawrrr
08-02-2016, 04:05 PM
Trending #1 worldwide now!! OMG....

lemons
08-02-2016, 04:09 PM
crazy

http://i.imgur.com/RWZzTCN.png

Hannah
08-02-2016, 04:21 PM
I feel like I'm okay with the whole currency going straight to the purse - though that's because I'm lazy and very rarely trade for items xD

xxMATTGxx
08-02-2016, 04:22 PM
World wide trend... Nice

Scotland
08-02-2016, 04:23 PM
Well then..
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CatIAuOWAAAlWAN.png

xxMATTGxx
08-02-2016, 04:23 PM
Well then..
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CatIAuOWAAAlWAN.png

Did he delete that in the end? As I could no longer find it on his timeline.

lawrawrrr
08-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Makes you wonder if it's a publicity stunt doesn't it....

Scotland
08-02-2016, 04:28 PM
Did he delete that in the end? As I could no longer find it on his timeline.
Yeah deleted few minutes after

xxMATTGxx
08-02-2016, 04:30 PM
This made me laugh:

lemons
08-02-2016, 04:32 PM

FlyingJesus
08-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Am I right in thinking that with all cred furni showing as the same thing to the person you're trading, GBs are now literally worth exactly 50c and sacks exactly 20 etc because no-one can actually tell what it is you're giving? If that's the case then it's not going to help out Habbo much since people won't be buying so much credit furni to make small profits, and they've basically just converted all of our exchange stuff into literal credits for us

Plebings
08-02-2016, 06:58 PM
agree with laura, if they just want to get rid of the idea of stationary credits on the hotel, swapped between habbos so they don't purchase credits then they should have options to bulk buy credits. at the moment my main issues are just how much of a pain this will be rather than losing out on extra credits.

get rid of exchange furni, allow people to trade directly from purse and implement some sort of automatic tax on trades. e.g. 3%.

i think it'll be interesting to see how this will affect trading, will it bring back people trading furni for furni again?

Scotland
08-02-2016, 08:22 PM
even anonymous got in on the #riphabbo

MKR&*42
08-02-2016, 10:10 PM
What the fuck, that was a pretty gutsy (and ridiculous) move on Sulake's behalf.

Chapill
09-02-2016, 12:17 AM
I personally think this may be the final nail in the coffin. Trading was all that was left, and now it's basically dead.

_spirit
09-02-2016, 07:20 AM
http://goo.gl/0rWZeq

Get Voting

Nick
09-02-2016, 10:16 AM
i voted for habbo trade update

Mr-Trainor
09-02-2016, 11:02 AM
In before we all go back to club sofa trading!
--
But wow, didn't expect to ever see Habbo trending!

Marketplace cap has been raised to 25000 credits.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cas_-aGWEAAEFtw.png

Oo well at least something good came out of this. Seemed as though it only took him a few mins to make the change, so why wasn't it done ages ago?!

lucaskf390
09-02-2016, 11:01 PM
Arguments to introduce these changes are a joke. To stop black market, there is only one way, stop the trading. People will just use thrones, pps or whatever now. The way they did the update, if they remove the tax, they have nothing and i doubt they will update anything to make nothing. The way it is now we are paying atleast the double in taxes, a rip off. If they don't step back, new currencies will be necessary to avoid the taxes. Thrones are already going up.

Macklebee's discussion about people that don't buy credits and play for a long time is a shame. The game is free, you buy credits if you are up to, without users that don't buy credits, i doubt the hotel would have 10% of the users we have today.

.:TaylorSwift:
10-02-2016, 06:06 AM
I will not be purchasing credits from Sulake and not participating in the helper tool due to my boycott in this specific change of taxing. I will be wearing a paper bag in order to show my boycott.

e5
10-02-2016, 06:49 AM
people will just have to start selling a gb with a coin from now on then

Zak
10-02-2016, 08:42 AM
I don't understand why the credits system has to change. If it's down to fraud prevention, like Luke has said, how does this help? Mr-Trainor;

xxMATTGxx
10-02-2016, 09:54 AM
Habbo finally replies back to someone using their own twitter account:

Mr-Trainor
10-02-2016, 10:37 AM
I don't understand why the credits system has to change. If it's down to fraud prevention, like Luke has said, how does this help? @Mr-Trainor (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=47332);
I'm assuming by 'fraud prevention' they're referring to people selling for real money, but I don't personally think this is going to help because either way trading someone gbs or other credit furni is still going to give them credits. Unless the 1c for re-purchasing the gbs is supposed to be what puts people off? But surely this will affect far more genuine traders than fraudulent traders? Just seems like a cheap way to try and prevent this kind of activity, but if they really want to stop it then they need a more pro-active approach imo.

Kyle
10-02-2016, 10:45 AM
This is a clever change. Exchange furniture is now purely aesthetic, markets are redefined and will probably revert to a furniture based exchange, over time it'll work as a coin sink, encouraging people to purchase more coins, diamond and other exchangeables now have a set value. I'm glad. Habbo has been trade-centred for too long. It's not THAT big of an issue for traders, it just requires them to think a bit differently.

Another blow for fiery colds ornate crown collection

Lewis
10-02-2016, 01:15 PM
If they're doing this I'd rather they just got rid of the habbo exchange system completely, but that probably wouldn't benefit them on coin purchases

edit: can't remember if I already replied saying this, oh well

Zak
10-02-2016, 03:27 PM
I'm assuming by 'fraud prevention' they're referring to people selling for real money, but I don't personally think this is going to help because either way trading someone gbs or other credit furni is still going to give them credits. Unless the 1c for re-purchasing the gbs is supposed to be what puts people off? But surely this will affect far more genuine traders than fraudulent traders? Just seems like a cheap way to try and prevent this kind of activity, but if they really want to stop it then they need a more pro-active approach imo.

To be honest I think that it would be far easier to track large amounts of coins entering the purse than tracking trades and trying to determine whether or not fraudulent activity has taken place. However if someone pays a large sum of coins for an item, lots of coins are going to enter the purse, effectively wiping out its advantage.

Besides people would just trade thrones or something similar if coins were to be tracked. Regardless it should be fairly obvious to highlight dubious users - it's proving what they are doing is fraudulent is where the issue lies. Not that it matters to Sulake as they own the game and everything in it.

Mr-Trainor
10-02-2016, 05:32 PM
To be honest I think that it would be far easier to track large amounts of coins entering the purse than tracking trades and trying to determine whether or not fraudulent activity has taken place. However if someone pays a large sum of coins for an item, lots of coins are going to enter the purse, effectively wiping out its advantage.

Besides people would just trade thrones or something similar if coins were to be tracked. Regardless it should be fairly obvious to highlight dubious users - it's proving what they are doing is fraudulent is where the issue lies. Not that it matters to Sulake as they own the game and everything in it.
Hmm that's a good point actually - but then could they not have just implemented a way they could track the amount of credits given in trades from behind the scenes rather than doing it through changing the way trading happens for users too?

Plebings
10-02-2016, 06:15 PM
let's be honest though, this method is not being done to prevent fraud, it's being done to get rid of credits on the hotel.

Yawn
10-02-2016, 10:44 PM
wow after so many steps forward this seems like one big step back

i dont really understand why they would do it other than being greedy

Zak
11-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Hmm that's a good point actually - but then could they not have just implemented a way they could track the amount of credits given in trades from behind the scenes rather than doing it through changing the way trading happens for users too?

Oh yeah.

Ultra simplistic way of looking at it.

Furniture

FurnitureID
FurnitureName

Throne

Gold bar

Furniture_Users

OwnerID
FurnitureID
UserID

Users

UserID
Username

Zak

Luke

From that we know that Zak owns 2 Thrones 1 Gold bar and Luke owns 1 Throne and 1 Gold bar.

Run a query at a point in time (where Zak owns the 2 Thrones and 1 Gold bar)

Run the query again, say a week later (Zak now owns 2 Thrones and 40 Gold bars)

Check to see if he has brought any credits.... he hasn't!

So did he legitimately gain 39 Gold Bars in a week or is something fishy going on?

As they have the ability to do this over all users I don't see why it isn't a viable solution. They could even produce a nice little leaderboard haha :)

I also agree with @Plebings (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=59923); that it's a credit sink. Unless Sulake care to elaborate!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!