PDA

View Full Version : what accents don't you like and do like

-:Undertaker:-
12-02-2016, 02:42 AM
so basically what are the most annoying/distasteful accents to you and what are your favourite accents

the ones i don't like are welsh (cant take seriously), australian (same), birmingham (obvious really).

the ones i do like are northern irish (nice and harsh), scottish (same) and south african (same).

how about you

thms
12-02-2016, 04:22 AM
i like welsh, irish, northern irish and american accents

j0rd
12-02-2016, 09:38 AM
so basically what are the most annoying/distasteful accents to you and what are your favourite accents

the ones i don't like are welsh (cant take seriously), australian (same), birmingham (obvious really).

the ones i do like are northern irish (nice and harsh), scottish (same) and south african (same).

how about you

DID YOU ENJOY QUESTION TIME LAST NIGHT

I like geordie, irish and scottish. don't like cornish ones

Sho
12-02-2016, 09:44 AM
nobody can take me seriously because of my accent lmao, especially when i get angry people just think i sound jolly and ignore me :@

i like scottish, irish and australian

lemons
12-02-2016, 10:11 AM
i don't like manchester accent

Cerys
12-02-2016, 12:36 PM
I haaaate Essex accents and Geordie

Idk what I love really, Australian is cool and can't beat a bit of good ol' Yorkshire

Zak
12-02-2016, 12:37 PM
Liverpudlian and Australian accents

Alkaz
12-02-2016, 01:21 PM
Love the Welsh & Newcastle accents. Dislike South African and the Brummie accents.
:Cerys; not everyone from Essex sounds like those from TOWIE.

Kellie
12-02-2016, 01:25 PM
I dislike Essex and Liverpudlian accents. I love Welsh, Irish and Australian accents

Cerys
12-02-2016, 01:26 PM
Love the Welsh & Newcastle accents. Dislike South African and the Brummie accents.
@:Cerys (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=75591); not everyone from Essex sounds like those from TOWIE.

Sadly I haven't had the absolute pleasure of watching TOWIE to know what they sound like

FlyingJesus
12-02-2016, 01:36 PM
Don't like Liverpewwwwl or strong Brummie accents, or any others where it sounds like you're constantly asking a question

Empired
12-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Birmingham and Liverpool I can't stand and Manchester I'm not a big fan of but wouldn't go as far to say I couldn't stand it.
Australian accents are good but new zealand ones are NOT
South of North America (as in Texas and places, not like Brazil and Chile) I think are horrible as well.

I love welsh accents actually, find them really soothing. Same with irish - N. Irish accents are ok but I prefer ireland. Scottish accents are good until they get so thick you can't understand them.

thms
12-02-2016, 02:47 PM
oh and u all call yourself my friend! smh

Kyle
12-02-2016, 03:07 PM
North walian accents are nice but all accents are beautiful

David
12-02-2016, 03:09 PM
hate scouse, geordie, northern irish and welsh
most roi accents are ok

buttons
12-02-2016, 05:19 PM
some english ones r gross like liverpool newcastle leeds etc n the rest do nothing for me. welsh is alright, hate irish, like scottish. um what i rly like is european people speaking english :Heart:

Cerys
12-02-2016, 05:23 PM
some english ones r gross like liverpool newcastle leeds etc n the rest do nothing for me. welsh is alright, hate irish, like scottish. um what i rly like is european people speaking english :Heart:

:o u wot?!
Tbh I must admit that some areas of Leeds like Bramley and Moortown/Chapeltown area are disgusting and basically sound uneducated xD

One I remember that I looove is Greek, lovelovelove it

dbgtz
12-02-2016, 05:47 PM
Basically anything north of the UK sucks a bit and anything west of the Welsh border (incl. lower English counties). Scottish can be ok so long as it's too heavy and same with Welsh & Irish actually. If either get too heavy, then they either make me laugh or I just can't understand a word they're saying. For outside the UK, I don't mind the more "refined" USA accent but when it becomes too yankidoodle then eh. Then for other Anglosphere countries, Australian and NZ can be OK but I've yet to hear a Canadian who I enjoy the accent of.

Ms.Aquamarine
12-02-2016, 05:48 PM
I don't think there are any accents I dislike, but I do like a lot. :)

South of North America (as in Texas and places, not like Brazil and Chile) I think are horrible as well.

:O!

Empired
12-02-2016, 05:54 PM
OH WHY IS MY POST OFFENDING EVERYONE THIS IS AWFUL

scottish
12-02-2016, 07:43 PM
I don't like English or welsh or fake irish

Lewis
12-02-2016, 08:06 PM
I'm terrible at naming or knowing types of accents, so I'm not going to be too specific.

I don't like most english accents. There are some that are OK -- e.g. I like Noel Edmonds' accent (he doesn't sound Essex even though he is, I don't like that accent!)

I like Scottish accents that aren't too strong, but still typical Scottish-sounding. I also love Russian, German, Irish and American accents.

lawrawrrr
12-02-2016, 08:31 PM
Can't stand scouse, not a huge fan of Essex or Geordie accents either.

Soft Irish and Welsh accents I love :love: but when they get really thick I don't so much. Sho; and @Absently (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=50287); are the perfect examples of my ideal accents!! I also quite like RP and south England accents.

xxMATTGxx
12-02-2016, 08:57 PM
Can't really stand scouse accents - Especially when people have it very strong.

OldLoveSong
12-02-2016, 09:09 PM
dont like welsh accents
basically like everything else espec aussie and south african

lemons
12-02-2016, 09:23 PM
the welsh accent is really cool i wish i was welsh

Sho
12-02-2016, 10:43 PM
aw cheers laura xo

people always tell me i'm not welsh because i don't sound like i'm from gavin and stacey :(((((

Matthew
12-02-2016, 10:58 PM
i do not like scouse or brummie accents

-:Undertaker:-
15-02-2016, 11:43 AM
ermmm you can all blame the damn irish for scouse

Sharon
15-02-2016, 03:22 PM
manchester accents don't even sound bad lol.. they're like the inbetween of everything? dunno, must be slightly bias

don't like the yorkshire/sheffield accent, now that's just annoying

Matt
20-02-2016, 12:40 PM
There was this girl in high school who was from Boston and oh my god her accent was horrible. I couldn't figure out if it was fake or what but I was not a fan. Also in my opinion really outback Aussie accents aren't that great either.

Aoi
20-02-2016, 01:33 PM
I absolutely despise Northern Irish and Indian accents. I love Scottish and Jamaican accents.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!