PDA

View Full Version : Green card - USA

GoldenMerc
18-02-2016, 02:11 PM
Hi,

Has anyone looked in depth into a British person getting a green card in America to work and live? I.E the costs etc and what to do?

Thanks
Ross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxMATTGxx
18-02-2016, 07:21 PM
Hi,

Has anyone looked in depth into a British person getting a green card in America to work and live? I.E the costs etc and what to do?

Thanks
Ross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really suggest you read this site: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/

Minion?!
22-02-2016, 07:22 PM
Have you thought about going through one of these organizations or maybe working in a summer camp for a few months to make sure that it's REALLY what you'd like to do for the long term?

I know that these organizations plan everything for you including helping you with your visa whilst you're over there! Maybe that is something you'd be interested in doing before you take the massive step all alone.. and plus by then you might have more of an idea on what to do for yourself :P

GoldenMerc
23-02-2016, 05:17 AM
Have you thought about going through one of these organizations or maybe working in a summer camp for a few months to make sure that it's REALLY what you'd like to do for the long term?

I know that these organizations plan everything for you including helping you with your visa whilst you're over there! Maybe that is something you'd be interested in doing before you take the massive step all alone.. and plus by then you might have more of an idea on what to do for yourself :P

Well there isnt any point in doing something like a summer camp, I need to keep funds coming in. So I'd be working over there, I am pretty dead set on doing it on my own, I've moved to Qatar alone, so moving to US wouldn't be much different :P

Akeel
23-02-2016, 03:04 PM
You should prepare yourself and know things'll be different.
You can't expect every job to be the same so getting into the position you should take some lessons or observe a lesson if you are considering of being something new or even something old you never know what to expect from somewhere new.

Metric1
27-02-2016, 02:28 AM
Well there isnt any point in doing something like a summer camp, I need to keep funds coming in. So I'd be working over there, I am pretty dead set on doing it on my own, I've moved to Qatar alone, so moving to US wouldn't be much different :P

We aren't that nice over here ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!