PDA

View Full Version : Investments

Zak
19-02-2016, 10:39 AM
I was wondering if anyone has invested/intends to invest in a particular furni in order to profit from it.

I know I have done this in the past but wondered if anyone else does it?

Nick
19-02-2016, 10:52 AM
I bought a throne ages ago thinking i would but i was wrong lmao

lawrawrrr
19-02-2016, 11:24 AM
I bought a pink smoke machine because someone messaged me saying it was cheap ;) I still haven't sold it yet but stand to make quite a profit!!!

There aren't a lot others that I've successfully done but there are a few bits like LTDs and rares but in awful at actually selling things!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bionic...
19-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Those yellow amber lamps have been hoarded by the spanish and have gone up massively and they're surprisingly selling at 60c average lmao! If you see one of them i'd try to grab it for a nice proffit =P

Samantha
19-02-2016, 12:02 PM
I won't talk about just deals I find, but my main investment is my Pear Tree. I bought it so long ago now for 600 Credits out of the Market Place and it's currently worth 2000+ and still rising. They're a lot harder to come by and I've been offered 40 Gold Bars for it before, although it's in DJ_Shadow;'s ultra rare trade at the moment so it'll probably stay there for ages :P.

Sent from my Xperia M4 Aqua using Tapatalk

DJ_Shadow
19-02-2016, 03:33 PM
I was wondering if anyone has invested/intends to invest in a particular furni in order to profit from it.

I know I have done this in the past but wondered if anyone else does it?

I do my best to try and gauge potential demand for a particular item and buy them up, either when they first come out or old supers gaining popularity.

Though recently I bought and sold Habbowood chairs, making about 5gb on each. Though I always make sure to keep plenty of gbs in reserve, ready to purge for any 'no-brainer' opportunities.

However one type of item that I've continuously invested in (largely to keep) are trophies with outstanding descriptions. Which includes a completely blank tower trophy, blank 2009, blank duo bubbles, then two scripted 'UE' trophies (no sender/date).

One useful tip is to keep trawling forums for sales and deals such as Habbox, and on the Hotel in Ultra Rare Trade Forum (affiliated group of Habbox).

Miss seeing you around Zak =(

I bought a pink smoke machine because someone messaged me saying it was cheap ;) I still haven't sold it yet but stand to make quite a profit!!!

There aren't a lot others that I've successfully done but there are a few bits like LTDs and rares but in awful at actually selling things!!

You've doubled your money on that one Laura! Don't forget your dragons =) x

I won't talk about just deals I find, but my main investment is my Pear Tree. I bought it so long ago now for 600 Credits out of the Market Place and it's currently worth 2000+ and still rising. They're a lot harder to come by and I've been offered 40 Gold Bars for it before, although it's in DJ_Shadow;'s ultra rare trade at the moment so it'll probably stay there for ages :P.

Sent from my Xperia M4 Aqua using Tapatalk
Lol Sam =) if you sold it when you originally thought about it, back then the tree was only 850c haha! It'll go up more, promise x

lawrawrrr
19-02-2016, 03:44 PM
I do my best to try and gauge potential demand for a particular item and buy them up, either when they first come out or old supers gaining popularity.

Though recently I bought and sold Habbowood chairs, making about 5gb on each. Though I always make sure to keep plenty of gbs in reserve, ready to purge for any 'no-brainer' opportunities.

However one type of item that I've continuously invested in (largely to keep) are trophies with outstanding descriptions. Which includes a completely blank tower trophy, blank 2009, blank duo bubbles, then two scripted 'UE' trophies (no sender/date).

One useful tip is to keep trawling forums for sales and deals such as Habbox, and on the Hotel in Ultra Rare Trade Forum (affiliated group of Habbox).

You've doubled your money on that one Laura! Don't forget your dragons =) x

Lol Sam =) if you sold it when you originally thought about it, back then the tree was only 850c haha! It'll go up more, promise x

Yeah but I don't plan on ever selling my dragons!

Zak
19-02-2016, 03:56 PM

That's why you're the values advisor! DJ_Shadow is one of the "famous habbos" you'll see on lists years from now :P

The blank tower is the shit though. That must be worth a bomb.

I've not gone anywhere! I will return to Habbo.... I always do ;).

Bionic...
20-02-2016, 07:56 PM
Gold party hats have been good in the recent weeks aswell
I bought 2 originally for 6gb and sold them both for 28gb on the mp, then decided to buy 2 more - one for 21gb and one for 22gb and sold them for 28gb aswell :)
rolling in it

Zak
20-02-2016, 10:49 PM
Never even heard of a gold party hat lol

FlyingJesus
20-02-2016, 11:03 PM
I'm nothing close to rich, the only expensive stuff I have is my gold pillows which were about 70c when I got them I think and currently about 230-240 but they go up and down like yoyos

Matt
21-02-2016, 09:45 AM
I used to buy things hoping I'd be investing in them and getting a really good bargain but then they'd just plummet and be worth like nothing.

Mr-Trainor
21-02-2016, 11:15 PM
Yep I always try to bulk certain items of interest. At the moment I have erm, 50 Green Oriental Screens that'll probably never be sold - simply because no one wants to buy that many LOL. That's the problem with buying in bulk.. selling 1 by 1 will increase supply again and the price will begin to fall before you manage to sell them all (not always though).

A couple of months back I was looking at the new maroon rares and wondering what could be good to bulk.. decided to buy a few Maroon ICMs, and then just a few weeks ago they went up to ~400c suddenly which was lucky; they then seemed to drop the next day. I also bought 10 Black Laser Portals when they dropped to ~80c last year, keeping them for now. The other day I noticed Golden Plasma Portals(?) have fallen to 190-200 (from 300-350) so I've bought 5 so far!

Oo I did the same! I think I had about 8-10 when they went down to about 300-400c or whatever they were, and I've now got 6 (4 to be kept in my wired race).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!