PDA

View Full Version : favourite character in harry potter series and why

-:Undertaker:-
27-02-2016, 04:52 AM
before anyone tries moving it doesn't need to be cos can be films or books its just a general Q.

anyway who is or are your favourite characters in harry potter and why? and what are they like in their character for those who aren't HP nerds?

https://38.media.tumblr.com/e16ab58dc7f78268abaa9b57d47d9c71/tumblr_mg2u9p8oyV1ra6sldo3_500.gif

i always felt drawn to barty crouch sr who nearly became minister for magic cos i liked his mannerisms and general character in how he was passionately for the good side but was very harsh or cruel sometimes in the pursuit of good: a strange paradox one must always be careful of when fighting evil or else you stray yourself into evil but then there's the question of the seriousness of the situation and the force required. i liked his devotion to the cause though and how he'd throw his family under the bus for the greater good which is how one upholds good... he's very interesting in the books and rather unique whereas in the film they seem to make him into a bit of a nervous bumbler. his selfless pursuit of evil in the defence of good was very admirable although his tactics deployed questionable.

my two other favourite character are probably Albus Dumbledore and Remus Lupin.

"Crouch fought violence with violence, and authorised the use of the Unforgivable Curses against suspects. I would say he became as ruthless and cruel as many on the Dark Side."

—Sirius Black on Crouch's actions as Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement

Barty Crouch Sr spoke in a curt voice, and seemed to be a very serious person in contrast to his peers: he did not smile or wave when his name was announced in the introduction to the Triwizard Tournament at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, whereas Ludo Bagman, Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports, waved jovially and enthusiastically. He was known to be a strict rule-follower, someone who would not hesitate to either give his own son to the Dementors, or dismiss a highly devoted and loyal house-elf.

Having devoted his entire life to eradicating the dark forces, Crouch was well known for despising the Dark Arts and those who practised them, but his methods used were just as brutal and cruel as those he worked to prosecute, as he legalised the usages of the Unforgivable Curses and went under the principles of kill rather than capture, attack first and ask questions later, and imprison many without trials. To this end, he was working his way up to becoming the Minister for Magic at the time and could not have anything that would tarnish his reputation, to the point of dismissing and imprisoning his son in order to make it clear that he had nothing to do with anyone who was even remotely suspected of being connected to the Dark Arts. He would later dismiss his devoted house-elf just for being at the wrong place at the wrong time (though the true reason is he deemed her unreliable).

Despite his ruthlessness, he was capable of love, as he agreed to his wife's dying request of saving their son from prison, despite his high position, reputation and general dislike for the Dark Arts and was willing use the son, breaking the rules to restrain his son, breaking the laws he was so adamant in enforcing. The reason he was seen as an unloving workaholic was due to him placing his public image and career over his family, having set his entire life into following rules and eradicating dark forces and would spend little to no time on his family life. This tough love for his family made his own son see it as neglect, leaving a negative impact on the young man's perception and choices.

how about you. they don't have to be on the good side btw or you love them just someone you thought was interesting/unique/stood out

Nick
27-02-2016, 11:01 AM
harry potter coz hes the STARRR

Ms.Aquamarine
27-02-2016, 11:08 AM
Luna Lovegood! :Heart:

http://imagesmtv-a.akamaihd.net/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Luna-Lovegood-1436831305.gif

I love how "loony" Luna is, that she doesn't care about what others think of her, and the overall lovely girl she is. So much can be learned from her too!

Here's a bit about her from Harry Potter wikia for y'all who don't read/watch HP ~

Luna was an extremely quirky girl with a serene disposition and many eccentric beliefs and qualities. She was a complete nonconformist; she lacked self-consciousness and was not afraid to show who she truly was. Luna was also intelligent and unusually perceptive, having been sorted into Ravenclaw,"where those of wit and learning will always find their kind." Although many thought Luna was bizarre, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, Ginny, Dean Thomas, and Ollivander eventually became very fond of her.

Her demeanour and voice were often distant and dreamy, and she would drift away from a conversation she did not find interesting; however, whenever someone made fun of her father or The Quibbler, of which he was editor, the airy, dreamy quality in her voice would vanish and be replaced by one of steel (almost as sharp as a double-edged sword), and she would immediately become very angry. She had an uncanny way of making others uncomfortable by being bluntly honest — a "knack for embarrassing honesty" according to Harry. She was completely unflappable and rarely seemed anxious or under stress, even under difficult circumstances such as being a prisoner of Malfoy Manor. Luna was very good at comforting others, such as when she comforted Harry Potter after his godfather's death, and Mr Ollivander while they were imprisoned together.

(Now I'm in the mood to watch HP again eek)

Bionic...
27-02-2016, 11:09 AM
Snape and i'm not just saying this because Alan Rickman is now dead. The first time i watched that scene where he says "always" made me realize how much of a great character he was!

FlyingJesus
27-02-2016, 11:17 AM
I don't really like any of them as individuals tbh, everyone in the HP universe comes across as ridiculously stupid and unable to solve simple problems with obvious solutions I mean the biggest danger to the wizarding world is a guy who constantly thinks "hmm every time I duel this kid I end up dying... perhaps I should duel him again"

Inseriousity.
27-02-2016, 11:47 AM
Another vote for Luna for the same reason lmao.
Neville's transformation is pretty badass too.

buttons
27-02-2016, 11:54 AM
Draco Malfoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Empired
27-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Barty Crouch Sr may have thrown his family "under the bus" to some extent but you forget he was weak enough to agree to sneak his Death Eater son out of azkaban because his wife was dying and begged him to. If he had refused, Harry would never have been tricked into going to he graveyard, cedric never would have died and Voldemort may not have been able to return as he didn't have the blood of the enemy, unwillingly given.

My favourite character has and always will be Minerva McGonagall because of the "have a bicuit, Potter" line which is the best surprise line ever.

Sent from my Y635-L01 using Tapatalk

-:Undertaker:-
27-02-2016, 12:28 PM
whyyy is Luna so popular my mates fav character is her too and she gets on my nerves. people who are too nice i don't trust.

@Empired (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=80588); he did that though because of his wife and his love to her, not out of any love for his son. I think that weakness can also be seen as a redemption in that the man sometimes put family first rather than like someone on the dark side who would always put their cause first. Again it's the paradox of it that's interesting.

Alozi
07-03-2016, 09:51 PM
Harry Potter himself!

Why? Because he is the chosen one.

wixard
07-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Draco Malfoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk rowling thinks you have issues then :l

i know this is a bold claim but i really dislike her as a person

anyway my fav significant character would be remus lupin or draco malfoy

insignificent is LEE JORDAN my god i loved his quidditch commentary in the books

David
07-03-2016, 10:05 PM
sirius and snape

Red
07-03-2016, 10:07 PM
Ron and dumbledore

RuthOnToast
07-03-2016, 10:59 PM
its hard to pick just 1 its either luna or snape

EricaAmanda
08-03-2016, 07:52 AM
My favourite is He Who Must Not Be Named. Idk why, i just like his looks and his acting. I also have a thing for bad people. I always cheer for teh bad side in games and movies and stuff. Lmao.

Lucy
12-03-2016, 01:24 AM
Definitely Luna for me, something always draws me to her character, there just seems to be something special about her.

Zak
16-03-2016, 11:58 AM
Emma Watson. You know why.

neonebis
16-03-2016, 12:28 PM
My favourite is Peeves the Poltergeist. It's a shame he didn't make it into the movies and became a lesser character towards the end of the story. He had peevish-ness down to a fine art. I can only aspire to be that much of a messer!!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!