PDA

View Full Version : Waste of money

scottish
16-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Do you ever waste your money on absolutely useless stuff, know you're wasting your money but still do it anyway?

If so, what on?

Micro-transactions comes to mind in games, I know people who spend loads on CSGO skins and stuff and it's just like... why

Meanies
16-03-2016, 08:21 PM
I wouldn't say we buy useless stuff but we buy a lot of things we don't need. We do a big food shop every two weeks but then when we realise we need a sauce or something to go with a meal we go down to the shop and end up getting a million things we don't need like nice drinks and sweets etc. Keep saying we'll stop doing that but it never seems to happen :(

scottish
16-03-2016, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't say we buy useless stuff but we buy a lot of things we don't need. We do a big food shop every two weeks but then when we realise we need a sauce or something to go with a meal we go down to the shop and end up getting a million things we don't need like nice drinks and sweets etc. Keep saying we'll stop doing that but it never seems to happen :(

Yeah we used to go shopping every other day and kept buying junk. Changed to one weekly shop so now we typically only go shopping twice a week :P

dbgtz
16-03-2016, 08:26 PM
I've bought a few skins etc. here and there. I thankfully never become really addicted, but still a waste of money nonetheless.
Also, the lottery.

scottish
16-03-2016, 08:27 PM
I've bought a few skins etc. here and there. I thankfully never become really addicted, but still a waste of money nonetheless.
Also, the lottery.

Yeah it's better to straight out buy skins than buy keys though.

I think I bought like 3 keys and got £40 StatTrak AK47 tho but that was just luck.

Lottery won't be if you win one day!!

dbgtz
16-03-2016, 08:33 PM
Yeah it's better to straight out buy skins than buy keys though.

I think I bought like 3 keys and got £40 StatTrak AK47 tho but that was just luck.

Lottery won't be if you win one day!!

I bought a key once for a new case, and that was literally the only time I ever made "money" from a skin. The rest were just cheap and I didn't want the default look at the time when I was actively playing.
I think I've won like £2... once. I don't see it happening and I'd rather bet on things since I have actually made a fair amount from rather small bets. Plus, I play online so I usually end up getting tempted to stick some in the online scratchcard game things.

scottish
16-03-2016, 08:35 PM
Ah, I do lottery but through direct debit so there's never money in my account to do the scratch cards.

With scratch cards irl I typically win on the first then buy more and lose that ultimately :P Not done them in a long time though

Nick
16-03-2016, 11:16 PM
probably little $5 steam games and turns out they aren't good

dbgtz
16-03-2016, 11:35 PM
probably little $5 steam games and turns out they aren't good

You know you could probably get a refund, right?

Prosiary
16-03-2016, 11:41 PM
I tend to buy just for the sake of it, espcially micro-transactions like fifa points, but i've been good at saving up so far this year... then I have to buy something which is expensive and that always happens when i've saved quite a bit up.

Nick
16-03-2016, 11:56 PM
You know you could probably get a refund, right?

i didnt know you could do that lol

Stephen
17-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Yeah all the time

Cody
18-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Habbo credits

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!