PDA

View Full Version : What Phone

scottish
19-03-2016, 04:35 PM
What phone should I get?

I don't really care that much for phones, I've currently got a HTC One S from like 2013 or something but it's being dodgy lately so I need a new one

When I got it I just bought the phone outright with a £10 a month SIM contract from Three.

So what phone should I get? I wouldn't want to be paying more than £30 a month as I don't use it a huge amount.

Would only need 32GB space

Cerys
19-03-2016, 04:41 PM
I've always had really really good experiences with Samsung and I currently have an s6 but it would probably be a push to get a contract for under £30, so a s5 could be an option! !

Plus if you're prone to dropping them, their screens are ridiculously strong in my experience xD

scottish
19-03-2016, 04:42 PM
I was looking at S6/S6 Edge, can get them for <£30 a month on contract.

S7's about 40 a month I think

Cerys
19-03-2016, 04:50 PM
I'd really recommend s6 then in that case, I've had the edge for about a month now and it works amazingly, everything's super clear and everything you could possibly need to use the phone for is available!

(Don't listen to them apple divvys ;) )

scottish
19-03-2016, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't consider an iPhone anyway :P

Prosiary
19-03-2016, 05:00 PM
HTC One M9, not sure how much it'll cost though :/

dbgtz
19-03-2016, 07:51 PM
I would advise a Sony phone after positive experiences with 2 of them. Plus, their mid-range phones are reasonably cheap if I remember rightly.

peteyt
21-03-2016, 09:50 PM
I was looking at S6/S6 Edge, can get them for <£30 a month on contract.

S7's about 40 a month I think
The only thing with the s6 is it doesn't have a micro sd card slot and unlike the s5 it isn't waterproof. The s7 adds both of these features. Have an s6 wish I'd waited really.

S6 and s7 have no removable battery either. Not sure about the s5

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

scottish
21-03-2016, 10:16 PM
The only thing with the s6 is it doesn't have a micro sd card slot and unlike the s5 it isn't waterproof. The s7 adds both of these features. Have an s6 wish I'd waited really.

S6 and s7 have no removable battery either. Not sure about the s5

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have a HTC One something atm which has no SD card, isn't waterproof and no removable battery.

Realistically I use no storage space other than what apps consume (few GB max) so storage isn't an issue, I don't go swimming with electrical equipment so tend not to run into issues with water and haven't had an issue with my HTC battery in 3 years so I'd imagine S6 battery is on par with that and unlikely to fail in 2 years (hopefully).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!