PDA

View Full Version : Do Attractive People Have Advantages Others Don’t?

A
29-03-2016, 08:36 PM
Do Attractive People Have Advantages Others Don’t?

what do you think personally, do you think they have advantages over people that may not be as attractive?

In my opinion, no. I think everyone is perfect in their own ways, but who knows what you guys think!!

FlyingJesus
29-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Definitely, can get people to do stuff and buy you things and you have more options for potential partners (if you want them) plus it's been proven in many studies that people are just more inclined to like/trust someone who's more attractive. Appearance is important

OldLoveSong
29-03-2016, 10:47 PM
yes of course. a higher chance at being successful and chosen for certain jobs being #1

j0rd
29-03-2016, 10:58 PM
yes definitely in everything
that's why I'm so successful +*+*+*

Nick
30-03-2016, 12:04 PM
also does it not depend on how the other person in that case defines other person attractive

Zak
30-03-2016, 12:13 PM
I think they do yeah. It certainly doesn't lower your job prospects.

Lucy
31-03-2016, 02:26 AM
I think they do yeah. It certainly doesn't lower your job prospects.

I was trying to think of a response to this post, and I think your response is the one I would go with. Of course they cannot and will not say this is the case however an attractive person is more likely to get a job over someone who isn't, especially in customer facing positions.

Zak
31-03-2016, 08:32 AM
I was trying to think of a response to this post, and I think your response is the one I would go with. Of course they cannot and will not say this is the case however an attractive person is more likely to get a job over someone who isn't, especially in customer facing positions.

It's not uncommon for individuals to be excluded from meetings because they are not presentable to management. Not necessarily based on looks but certainly on hygiene and attire.

Lucy
31-03-2016, 08:46 AM
It's not uncommon for individuals to be excluded from meetings because they are not presentable to management. Not necessarily based on looks but certainly on hygiene and attire.

I wasn't saying that is the sole reason in case it came across that way. I do agree with the latter though as well.

Matt
31-03-2016, 10:36 AM
So I think there's different aspects of being attractive and the "everyone's perfect in their own ways" made me think about aspects other than physical attractiveness.

If you're good looking it helps you get jobs, it helps you get relationships. Being presentable also helps you in a number of areas and is something I would class as contributing to someone's 'attractiveness'. I know people who can't find jobs and they have a very 'unique' appearance... I wouldn't say it's all down to how attractive (in terms of genetics) they are but it's also about how they dress and present themselves.

However, in saying that I do believe confidence and your mannerisms compliment your appearance and for me, impact how attractive you are. If you're a complete ******** and it's reflected in your personality, I and maybe some employers won't like someone who comes across as cocky and a know-it-all - some might look for that in an individual but to me attractive people have to be easy to get on with and mindful of others too.

If you're not attractive but know your shit, are easy to get along with and aren't self-centered, your chances of getting a job over someone that is a solid '9.5/10 would bang again' (in terms of physical appearance) and knows very little are massive.

So in summary, probably yes but not always.

Zak
31-03-2016, 11:20 AM
I wasn't saying that is the sole reason in case it came across that way. I do agree with the latter though as well.

No no, I agree with everything that you've said :) lol

myles
31-03-2016, 12:43 PM
being attractive gets u far in life to a certain degree and that is the honest truth. however there are many more important things in life than being attractive such as personality and knowledge which will further your success and have more advantages in life. being attractive is just the cherry ontop that makes everything perfect

dbgtz
31-03-2016, 01:29 PM
I thought it was obvious. As much as people preach everyone is beautiful blah blah, there is an "ideal" kind of person and most people will be biased towards this in some way.

Cody
03-04-2016, 05:36 AM
In a way they do, but people shouldn't look at appearance as the only thing in a person.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!