PDA

View Full Version : New HC Prices!

Samantha
30-03-2016, 12:19 PM
New HC price is 50c and 50 Diamonds or 120c and 120 Diamonds lmao? I was sort of hoping this would be an April Fool's prank, but it does look official. I can no longer buy HC as I'm definitely not buying Credits to get it. They've also removed gifts for the time being although it says I have one unclaimed.

http://i.imgur.com/sKvnlHw.png
http://i.imgur.com/BWNsYsU.png

While we’ve raised the price to 50 credits and 50 diamonds per month, we’ve also made being a member a LOT more rewarding with the introduction of both the HC Centre and HC payday!

The new HC Centre2

Now, you are able to see all the important information regarding your membership in one, easy to find place. When you click the HC icon in your purse, you will open the HC Centre.

What is a HC streak?

The HC Centre is where the amount of days of membership you have left is displayed. It’s also where your ‘HC streak’ is displayed. The number of consecutive days membership you have maintained determines this streak. The longer it is, the bigger the payout on HC payday! Note that the streak is retroactive and applies to existing unbroken HC memberships.

How does the HC payday work?

HC payday is every month on the 15th. As well as an amount of credits being paid determined by your HC streak, you get 10% of your Catalogue purchases back in your purse as credits too. Note that these Catalogue purchases do not include credit furni, HC or BC memberships or Marketplace purchases.

If you’re a HC member and you want to see how many credits you are due to receive on the next payday, click on the HC icon in your purse to open the HC Centre.

DPS
30-03-2016, 12:41 PM
shocking... its like they want people not to be hc? maybe for adverts idk

Chris
30-03-2016, 12:42 PM
Thats ridiculous. Who is actually gonna buy it now? :P

Absently
30-03-2016, 12:46 PM
oh no I can definitely no longer afford HC :(

Alysha
30-03-2016, 12:50 PM
Time to perfect my non hc look... Lol jokes, I have 6 years worth of hc in gifts.
this is ridiculous though tbh

MONEYMAGIC
30-03-2016, 01:01 PM
That's it for me, I won't be purchasing anymore HC once it expires.

GoldenMerc
30-03-2016, 01:07 PM
Good job I've still got 12 months left, won't be buying anymore. I'm sure my HC streak is like 8 years lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kittysoft
30-03-2016, 01:14 PM
As someone who's never had HC, I'm looking forward to welcoming all our new norm friends, and hopefully an end to discrimination based on HC status...

... who am I kidding, those who pay for diamonds will continue to think they're better than the rest of us just because they pay Habbo's bills.

Skye88
30-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Even if they don't include diamonds 50c a month for HC is too much of a price increase.

xxMATTGxx
30-03-2016, 01:48 PM
So I can no longer use the credits I have to buy HC, I have to buy even more credits to get "diamonds" and then pay for HC? Well, that's nice :rolleyes:

Kasabian
30-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Ridiculous.

myles
30-03-2016, 01:56 PM
this is disgusting and has made me so angry

Expling
30-03-2016, 02:13 PM
this is really really stupid
habbo need to seriously sit down and discuss their stuff

honestly, without hc you can do barely anything
you can't manage groups so can't remove/accept people into groups or anything
you don't have nice clothes, you have the ugly ones
you don't have nice colours, you get the basic boring ones

that's just SOME of the things you can't do without hc
they're making it so stupidly horrible, they're either extremely poor and need cash or are just getting far too greedy
i won't be paying for hc at that either, i've got like 70 diamonds left - they've also upped prices again!
3 pounds for a months HC and 4 pounds for bundles...

STUPID
ive never been so angry in my life
and they wonder why people go to retros loll

tbh it's supposed to be a site for teens, where the hell do 13 year olds get that much money from

people are protesting on habbo too

RuthOnToast
30-03-2016, 02:16 PM
50c alone is alot for HC but 50 diamonds as well? which means to get HC you have to buy credits with your own money so they just want us to spend more money on habbo? well i will enjoy my last 37 days of HC after that im going to be a norm as im not spending that amount of money on habbo its just stupid no wonder habbo is going downhill.

Frisky
30-03-2016, 02:28 PM
If this isn't april fools then its the end of an era.

Samantha
30-03-2016, 02:29 PM

No it's not an April Fool's, pretty sure Macklebee; confirmed that it's a permanent change.

Chris
30-03-2016, 02:31 PM
No it's not an April Fool's, pretty sure Macklebee; confirmed that it's a permanent change.

Thats something he would say though to make it seem genuine :P To be honest if it is a joke then they've got people good this time. I think they would be stupid to actually do something like this though

xxMATTGxx
30-03-2016, 02:32 PM

I'm pretty sure it's not. As Sam said above, he's confirmed it's not an April Fools and is a permanent change. Although he could just be saying this so we all believe them but if the change is already in place then hmm.

http://uploadpicz.com/images/2016/03/30/3b2e7be7fbac4e8b5f458fd0dfde0233.jpg

Samantha
30-03-2016, 02:36 PM
Thats something he would say though to make it seem genuine :P To be honest if it is a joke then they've got people good this time. I think they would be stupid to actually do something like this though

Maybe so, I wonder if anyone has actually bought HC for the new price and can verify it took 50c and 50 Diamonds off their totals? If it is a joke then maybe they will refund anyone who bought it and give them a badge too :P?

David
30-03-2016, 02:37 PM
can't say i was going to be buying HC again anyway haven't had it in months

are people still mad about the trading change as well?

xxMATTGxx
30-03-2016, 02:38 PM
can't say i was going to be buying HC again anyway haven't had it in months

are people still mad about the trading change as well?

I think that's died down now hasn't it? Probably. The same will probably happen with these change as well but the more changes they do like this and piss off the current user base I have a feeling it may back fire and hurt them in the long run. But who knows! I could be very wrong.

Zak
30-03-2016, 02:43 PM
Never bought it anyway - complete waste of credits

Samantha
30-03-2016, 02:47 PM
I only generally buy it for the bigger friends list and more groups - I have more than 3 groups owned by myself anyway so I won't be able to join more or anything? So annoying as I like mazes lmao.

Looks like I need to delete 700/800 friends too. However, it also means that more people will become norms, meaning more ads will be shown and they get more money lmao.

David
30-03-2016, 02:52 PM
if they really wanted a change like this to work, they probably shouldn't have introduced permanent clothing

lawrawrrr
30-03-2016, 03:08 PM
Oh wow they really are trying to force people to buy HC

On the other hand with bought clothes you can make cute outfits (which is what most people want HC for) without a subscription these days!!

Skye88
30-03-2016, 03:22 PM
I don't think it's an April fools joke. I've never heard of anyone pulling an April fools prank on March 30. They usually wait til April 1.

Frisky
30-03-2016, 03:41 PM
Thing is, he could totally lie, it's April Fools, you fool people.

Regardless, I'm not that surprised. Inflation etc, it's been like 15 years or whatever since HC came out.

dbgtz
30-03-2016, 04:32 PM
Well, the new HC "center" doesn't even work for me. Apparently I first joined HC on either 10th June or 6th October 2010 (thanks Habbo for not specifying) but my total HC days is over 8 years. If it's from the start of the streak, then I know I didn't have HC when I came back in 2012 so it's false either way.

Either way, seems fairly ridiculous and I won't be renewing my HC. I won't even be buying credits ever since I was denied I Habbo Home gift :)

17M
30-03-2016, 05:38 PM
Okay, i thought HC was too expensive to begin with.. not only have they doubled the cost to 50 credits, they have also added the cost of 50 Diamonds,
Which means that habbos have to buy their credits in order to purchase Habbo Club!

They can't earn their credits through playing the game and buy HC with it anymore..

In my own opinion i feel disgusted..

What do you guys think?

Thread merged by Chris (Forum Moderator): As there is already a thread discussing this change.

A
30-03-2016, 05:42 PM
Hahaha what?

This seams like a joke, won't be getting it anymore

Samantha
30-03-2016, 06:16 PM
They've updated the general information:

http://i.imgur.com/pXDt2al.png
http://i.imgur.com/IF5A8ra.png

Also, they've changed gifts back to monthly, not sure when this happened, but they did change it to 2 a month for some time.

It's a bit confusing though, if you bought HC on the 1st of the month, do you then get 10c on the 15th? Or just 5? Then the next month when it gets to the 15th and you're still HC, do you get 10c or 10c and another 5/10c for having 7 days consecutive too?

Attached
30-03-2016, 06:24 PM
Ridiculous. Luckily I already have 6 months so the issue of renewing wont come up for a while. Hoping this is an April Fools prank.

FlyingJesus
30-03-2016, 06:24 PM
With the streak thing you sort of get half of the creds back but still have to have the diamonds which is rather more annoying

http://i.imgur.com/NNZwxFq.png

Looks really shoddily put together so idk could be an elaborate attempt at a joke but it does also seem like something they'd think is a good idea so won't be too surprised if it's just a coincidence with the timing and it really is here to stay

- - - Updated - - -

Added note: it's still £3 a month on the credits page, preeeeeeeeeetty sure that would have been spiked a lot if this was going to be a real thing but it could be that they just haven't noticed yet

Wispur Wonka
30-03-2016, 06:36 PM
You've almost done it and are SO close! Soon, you will be forever known as the Habbox.com /Top Investeggator .....

Cerys
30-03-2016, 07:33 PM
on the consecutive months thing where it says 30 days - 10c 90days -15c etc, couldnt you just get hc for 30 days then don't renew it, get it for another 30 days and so on so in the space of 90 days you'd theoretically have 30c? if that makes sense :P

unless ive misunderstood idk

truly has to be a joke though its ridiculous

FlyingJesus
30-03-2016, 07:48 PM
The 90 days thing isn't cumulative as a 1-time reward, it's how much you get each month if you've had X days of HC without breaking it, so doing it 1 month at a time and then having a day without each month means you'd never get more than 10c a month

MONEYMAGIC
30-03-2016, 11:02 PM
Well, the new HC "center" doesn't even work for me. Apparently I first joined HC on either 10th June or 6th October 2010 (thanks Habbo for not specifying) but my total HC days is over 8 years. If it's from the start of the streak, then I know I didn't have HC when I came back in 2012 so it's false either way.

Either way, seems fairly ridiculous and I won't be renewing my HC. I won't even be buying credits ever since I was denied I Habbo Home gift :)

It doesn't work for me either. Mine also says First joined HC: 10-06-2010 when I've had consecutive membership since I joined. Also says current streak is 0 Seconds lol. And it doesn't tell me what my next reward will be.

FlyingJesus
30-03-2016, 11:47 PM
Is 10-6-2010 when they changed to the newer badges or something? I think everyone's is showing as that

Samantha
30-03-2016, 11:59 PM
Is 10-6-2010 when they changed to the newer badges or something? I think everyone's is showing as that

No, but 10th June 2010 is the date we fully merged to Habbo.com so that'll be why!

Lucy
31-03-2016, 12:21 AM
I think this is an appalling decision but also probably hints at the kind of financial issues Sulake are likely going through due to the drop in players and ad revenue. Literally the ONLY reason they would add Diamonds to the cost is to make you buy credits instead of using the gold bars etc and as a result giving them more money. I have a feeling the current Sulake are massively regretting the the introduction of Credit Furni all those years ago.

They really need to look at themselves and try and figure out what is going on, Habbo was once a very popular game which means at some point it had a winning formula. All this is going to achieve is annoying people and pushing even more people away. It seems all they are doing at the moment is thinking of the business side and not thinking how these decisions are going to adversely affect there player base, sure there are likely plenty of people who will still buy HC and credits, but its these kind of decisions that make people think twice before playing.

Just checked and they have now modified the credit purchasing etc, you used to be able to buy HC via Mobile in AUD and this has now changed. Also 1 year of HC is $62.99 AUD if brought all at once, no thanks!

Plebings
31-03-2016, 05:45 PM
seems the hc streak has been fixed now, i know lots of players really aren't happy with this but this is actually to my advantage!

woo 30c on 15th

Absently
31-03-2016, 07:30 PM
yah I will also be getting a whopping 30c makes me wonder if I should keep my hc just to keep getting 30c back but that means I need to buy credits to get the diamonds :(

FlyingJesus
31-03-2016, 08:44 PM
I missed out by one day a little while ago so am only on a 7month streak :( also they've gotten rid of the really cheap method I was going to exploit boooo the prepay card thing (like the old Splash Plastic) was on £1.50 a month if you bought it through the Irish page but it's been upped to 4 Euros now

Oops wrote this like 3 hours ago and forgot to hit post

.:TaylorSwift:
01-04-2016, 07:56 AM
Well Habbo you did it. First you won't take my money/payment. Them you ruin the credit trade. Now you ruin HC for everyone. See maybe if habbo didn't block every payment I did they would be making money.

Alysha
01-04-2016, 08:38 AM
That old 'Earn' button now let's you watch an ad for a grand prize of 15 minutes HC.

j0rd
01-04-2016, 09:53 AM
ahahah this is hilarious
it's as if sulake are purposely pushing people away with their stupid decisions. Surely someone in the offices realises the **** ups they keep making

Chris
01-04-2016, 10:32 AM
That old 'Earn' button now let's you watch an ad for a grand prize of 15 minutes HC.

Seriously? What the hell is the point in having 15 minutes of HC?!

FlyingJesus
01-04-2016, 11:16 AM
I guess if you're ultra stingy you could make loads and loads of rooms then use your 15 minutes of HC to hide all the walls and claim the terrible gifts

A
02-04-2016, 01:03 AM
Been talking to a few people the other day, and they arn't happy either. People saying once their HC is over, so are they. A bad move in my opinion lol.

Lewis
02-04-2016, 01:11 AM
I don't buy credits/diamonds myself but I wouldn't have minded the update if they just left the price at, say, 25 diamonds. Not diamonds and coins, seems silly.

Cody
02-04-2016, 02:18 AM
Well I'm glad to say that I have over 260 days left of HC, but this is absurd. #Habboisgoingbankrupt

Shockwave.2CC
02-04-2016, 02:19 AM
wow, that's a lot

FlyingJesus
02-04-2016, 10:48 AM
If it's just people who use exchanged/won creds to buy HC who are going to stop buying it then Habbo aren't actually losing out financially at all by not having them as norms. It's not a popular change but it's a clever business move

dbgtz
02-04-2016, 11:28 AM
If it's just people who use exchanged/won creds to buy HC who are going to stop buying it then Habbo aren't actually losing out financially at all by not having them as norms. It's not a popular change but it's a clever business move

Depends what you mean by won. If it's won from another user who bought the credits, then it's not smart at all. Part of Habbo runs on people who don't want to buy credits to play events by people who have credits. Combine these changes with furni prices rising in trades (due to diamonds being required for a lot of things now and frequent credit sales), it's becoming harder and harder for new players to access anything decent.

lawrawrrr
02-04-2016, 11:53 AM
That's the thing here really - since they introduced adverts they really want fewer people to be HC/BC members so they get the ad views and revenue. It's a great business move and will massively reduce the amount of HC members in the hotel - but I feel like they've got enough cute clothes in the catalogue now to justify it a bit as people can still look cute!

SackRace
02-04-2016, 04:08 PM
what a joke just seen this earlier, a never ending circle for them. People have the credits to buy them but have to go and buy more to receive diamonds. Abysmal! :O

Seth.23
03-04-2016, 11:05 AM
I believe they also raised the prices on purchasing HC with real money. I think buying 1 year was around $20, now its nearly $40.

October
04-04-2016, 12:36 AM
Good job I've still got 12 months left, won't be buying anymore. I'm sure my HC streak is like 8 years lol

I let my subscription lapse for a week just last month. The first time in six years that I hadn't had HC. Then I renew and they do this.

i should have bought the year long subscription instead of month, can't believe they doubled the price from $20 to $40. No new benefits, that price is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

That old 'Earn' button now let's you watch an ad for a grand prize of 15 minutes HC.Its been that way for a while.

Red
04-04-2016, 12:44 AM
Can you only get diamonds by buying credits? This is ridic. Reeks of desperation. Rip habbo, this will not work!! Habbo is basically unplayable without hc, and at those ridiculous prices, this will just make activity levels drop.

GoldenMerc
04-04-2016, 12:48 AM
I let my subscription lapse for a week just last month. The first time in six years that I hadn't had HC. Then I renew and they do this.

i should have bought the year long subscription instead of month, can't believe they doubled the price from $20 to $40. No new benefits, that price is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Its been that way for a while.

Aw man that sucks, when mine ends in a year or so that's it I won't be renewing, unless they change this

Woutou
04-04-2016, 01:13 AM
It's really stupid, because you're paying 50c and diamonds for HC but you're still getting the crappy HC gifts..

OldLoveSong
04-04-2016, 04:08 AM
ive never paid for hc and wont be startin now lol norm life here i come

e5
08-04-2016, 06:03 AM
31 days on HC is £3 outright, but to buy HC with credits you need to buy 55c+ diamonds for £4.49? I think I know which I'd rather do... The price is crazy ha.

Just logged in after ages and noticed all these ads now if you're not HC and new HC gifts

Empired
08-04-2016, 07:40 AM
Can you only get diamonds by buying credits? This is ridic. Reeks of desperation. Rip habbo, this will not work!! Habbo is basically unplayable without hc, and at those ridiculous prices, this will just make activity levels drop.
I agree it's outrageous but people said Habbo would die because of Channel 4 and the mute, then because customer service was so poor, then when gambling was banned, and now again with HC.

Even though Sulake pisses everyone off, the majority continues playing Habbo just the same as before. And the problem is, they don't give a shit if we don't like their updates/new features as long as people keep playing, which most people always do. I'm sure they think it's worth the few who will leave in disgust because of how much revenue they'll be making from ad views now.

I think Sulake is awful because they really don't care about their userbase. They're perfectly happy to irritate, ignore and insult users as long as they can be sure they're making more money.

Red
08-04-2016, 10:42 AM
I agree it's outrageous but people said Habbo would die because of Channel 4 and the mute, then because customer service was so poor, then when gambling was banned, and now again with HC.

Even though Sulake pisses everyone off, the majority continues playing Habbo just the same as before. And the problem is, they don't give a shit if we don't like their updates/new features as long as people keep playing, which most people always do. I'm sure they think it's worth the few who will leave in disgust because of how much revenue they'll be making from ad views now.

I think Sulake is awful because they really don't care about their userbase. They're perfectly happy to irritate, ignore and insult users as long as they can be sure they're making more money.

I don't agree with the majority have carried on playing. I can notice activity levels have dropped so much lol. Anytime I log on the hotel is so dead and hence why they had to bring out these measures. All those things have had a cumulative effect. For me the nail in the coffin was he introduction of the new web. Awful. Not an improvement in any sense and when you log on nothing was happening. It's not even people leaving in disgust, it's the fact you can't do simple things like accepting friend requests or managing groups. If you are going to play habbo regularly, you need Hc. Those not willing to play will soon get bored and leave gradually. Might have an improvement in the short term but not in the long run!!

FlyingJesus
08-04-2016, 01:07 PM
It's about acceptable loss - they can easily afford to lose people who aren't going to be financially contributing to them. 2 people giving you a fiver a month makes you far better off than 20 people giving you nothing

Red
08-04-2016, 03:28 PM
Surely logging on and having less games, events, popular rooms discourages those who would be willing to pay?

FlyingJesus
08-04-2016, 06:16 PM
Maybe a few but again, acceptable losses vs what they make. Everyone who stays (and realistically hardly any regulars will truly quit over this) will now be either paying them directly for creds/diamonds or earning for them through ads, a handful of disgruntled half-users won't be missed by them

Empired
08-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Yeah that's what I meant^

And a lot of users have left but I just think all these people who say "RIP HABBO!!" every time something they don't like happens, it's always been an overreaction. Habbo might not be as good anymore but a lot of those users who are saying Habbo will die are still going back? This isn't aimed at you at all Kirst, I'm just wondering now why people continue to use a site if they claim they want it dead. Idk

FlyingJesus
08-04-2016, 06:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Ynm4CiN.png

This might help in the short term, cheeky little 50% off for 48 hours

SackRace
09-04-2016, 09:17 PM
Was in my room earlier and had forgotten I had a free weeks worth of HC in a present box on Habbo and a message came up at the side of the screen indicating that I would get 5c off if I bought the HC expired in the weeks time.

No diamonds required. So if you do by any chance have HC in any presents it would save you having to pay for credits for diamonds! :D

4elijahu4
20-04-2016, 08:18 PM
This is bad news.

Expling
20-04-2016, 08:31 PM
I bought some for 3 pounds but I used another country (us I think) as I wanted to use paypal and it was like 10-16p cheaper so

:))) !

Plebings
20-04-2016, 09:18 PM
they also increased price of builders club using credits too :(

was 85c + 85 diamonds, now 105c and 105 diamonds

Empousa
20-04-2016, 10:53 PM
Okay literally just found out about this... and I'm pretty annoyed about it tbh. Sure, increase it to 50c, that at least is attainable if you're good at earning credits. But really... adding diamonds to it isn't freaking necessary, and I'm not going to pay real life cash just for a month of cool clothes.

Naythan
21-04-2016, 01:11 PM
Okay literally just found out about this... and I'm pretty annoyed about it tbh. Sure, increase it to 50c, that at least is attainable if you're good at earning credits. But really... adding diamonds to it isn't freaking necessary, and I'm not going to pay real life cash just for a month of cool clothes.

Cool clothes can be purchased in the shop though, so I give it a couple of weeks and they will release a diamond only range of clothes. I see what they're doing, trying to make money. I just don't think the features they're offering are worth 50C/50D.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!