PDA

View Full Version : wired help

very
30-03-2016, 04:55 PM
i'm making my own auto-run sort of thing and i'm trying to work out the basic wired that will power each of the game rooms.

i've watched a huge number of vids and tried to search but most guides are just on the entrance room line which i have no problem with. i’ll explain what i want to happen in each game room:

1. first user to enter room triggers start of the series of stacks
(just for testing, for the actual auto-run i’ll change the trigger here)

2. the user is teleported to the game area using an exit tile as a counter begins to count down time remaining.

3. about five seconds before the game is done, the exit tile moves to the losing area.

4. at the end of the game timer, any user that is still in the game area (on freeze tiles) is teleported to the exit tile now in the losing area by using a second counter.

5. also at the end of the game, the teleport for winners is moved or rotated so that it is accessible to move to the next room.

i have no problem getting all of this to work with one exception — i can’t get the second timer used to teleport people to the losing area to stop counting down, so it starts an endless loop of 4 and 5. it doesn’t seem like the toggle furni effect actually stops a counter (even though double clicking manually stops a counter).

here are the wired stacks i’m using:

TRIGGER: user enters room (automatically placed on top of a freeze tile)
EFFECT: toggle furni state (starts game timer to teleport user to exit tile)
EFFECT: timer reset (starts the countdown in next stack)

TRIGGER: at set time (countdown to move exit tile to losing area five seconds before game end)
TRIGGER: match furni position (moves exit tile to losing area)

TRIGGER: game ends
EFFECT: match furni position and state (rotates a designated piece of furni for custom condition)
EFFECT: toggle furni state (starts second timer so that players who haven’t finished are moved to losing area)

TRIGGER: repeat effect
CONDITION: furni states and positions match (checks that the custom condition furni is in position from previous stack)
EFFECT: match furni to position & state (rotates custom condition furni back to normal and also makes the winner tele accessible)
EFFECT: toggle furni state (on 2s delay, meant to stop the second counter before it gets to 0)

here is a screenshot of my test area:

http://i.imgur.com/sNYFSEc.png

the mermaid hair is the custom condition and the crown represents the winners tele. the freeze counter is the main game counter and the football counter is what i’m using to move people to the losing area. the user enters on the first banzai tile and is teleported to the second banzai tile on top of a freeze square. the freeze tiles are my simulated game area. i’m using the four square section as both the losing area and where the winner tele (crown) moves.

like i said, everything is operating as it should except for that endless loop because i can’t stop the second counter. obviously, i’ll also need to add stacks to reset the exit tile back to the entrance area and to take away the winners tele after a short period of time. i didn’t really find any guides to help me much with this, so if there is a better / more efficient way to be doing this as well, i appreciate suggestions.

thanks!

Thread moved by Chris (Forum Moderator): From "Habbo in General", as it is better suited here.

Plebings
30-03-2016, 10:03 PM
hiya, i'd consider getting rid of the game ends trigger and replacing with at set times, means you won't get in a loop, would prevent unfair losing when timers glitch (sometimes when timers are activated with toggle effects, they'll end the game immediately and set off the game ends trigger). best of luck :)

very
31-03-2016, 02:54 PM
_

thank you, i don't know why i wouldn't have considered this so i'm really glad you suggested it. obviously, this is definitely helpful!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!