PDA

View Full Version : Rollercoaster Tycoon World / Planet Coaster / Parkitect

neonebis
08-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Hey gamerzzzzzzz!!!!

A very big debate going across the simulation gaming-verse right now is RCTW, Planet Coaster, and Parkitect!

Are you playing any, and which is your favourite?

My favourite of the three is PLANET COASTER.
It's an alpha, so not due for release until Q4 2016. They're rolling out the simulation in stages, with this first stage looking at modular building and flat rides. So far - it's AWESOME! Graphics are greet, peeps look good, rides look phenomenal and the modular building tools offer so many options, for just two themes released so far!

PARKITECT I have bought but not given much time to yet. It's still in alpha too I believe, and is very retro style in graphics. Think of RCT2 - with a bit of an upgrade! Nice!

The worst by far in my opinion is RCTW. Successor for RCT3 only by name. Atari have taken this title from the original developers, Frontier (now working on Planet Coaster). They released a less than impressive BETA in October and have delayed the game many times. It's worth noting that Beta should be SUPERIOR to games in alpha stage, but not so much. Last week they launched into Early Access saying the game is 80% complete. I'd recommend Youtubing "5 WTF moments in RCTW" to see why this isn't true. The recent update two days ago has helped, but I'm still not a fan.

Any Roller Coaster Sim fans here. What are you playing and why??

Chris
08-04-2016, 11:00 AM
I've never played any of those, which is weird considering how much I loved Theme Park World which I imagine is quite similar.

GoldenMerc
08-04-2016, 11:03 AM
None on the Mac :/ Roller coaster tycoon used to be my world but haven't played since the second one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucy
08-04-2016, 11:06 AM
To me out of all of the games, the one that is most likely to come out on top is Planet Coaster. I have played the Alpha and it was just fantastic! Take a look at the NerdCubed YouTube video covering the game, he is a big fan of the RollerCoaster Tycoons of old.

neonebis
08-04-2016, 11:07 AM
I've never played any of those, which is weird considering how much I loved Theme Park World which I imagine is quite similar.
They absolutely are Chris! Lots more customisation options now than there ever has been!! You should check them out!! :D

None on the Mac :/ Roller coaster tycoon used to be my world but haven't played since the second one

I know! Annoying GoldenMerc! I do have my Mac setup with bootcamp but prefer to game on my Windows machine!!

scottish
08-04-2016, 12:37 PM
Never seen the appeal in any and I'm a big sim fan.

GoldenMerc
08-04-2016, 01:05 PM
Just watched the nerdcubed video of Planet Coaster, I am amazed

neonebis
08-04-2016, 03:30 PM
Never seen the appeal in any and I'm a big sim fan.

Really? I love simulation games - getting back into Cities Skylines. But I do love theme parks too! That helps! :)

Just watched the nerdcubed video of Planet Coaster, I am amazed

Absolutely right?!?!? The stuff you're seeing there is with TWO THEMES! Just two!! Imagine the possibilities when they release the rest. It's such a powerful tool. The coaster editor is still in major developement and there is no management yet but it's shaping up to be an AMAZING game!!!!!

GoldenMerc
08-04-2016, 03:34 PM
Bought Parkitect as im on a 10 hour flight tomorrow so thought it'd be good to play (plus its the only one that currently supports mac!)

neonebis
08-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Bought Parkitect as im on a 10 hour flight tomorrow so thought it'd be good to play (plus its the only one that currently supports mac!)

I didn't realise they had Mac support too! I imagine it'll run beautifully on Mac with it's lower (but still very fun!) graphics! It's a pretty cool game let me know how you get on!
(I wonder if I should get commission from their sales team?? haha!!)

Chris
08-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Just had a look at Parkitect and Planet Coaster...both look like lots of fun so I may have to get one (A) Planet coaster reminds me of Theme Park World.

scottish
08-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Get ETS2MP

best simulator EU
followed by train sim (shame it's not mp)

GoldenMerc
08-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Had a few problems (still ongoing) with Parkitect I assume its only mac related, first off my iMac can't run a 64 game, had to downgrade to 32? So that got sorted now I seem to be jamming constantly :/ I've pulled it up with one of the devs but as they only have 3 staff I assume a mac problem isn't top of their priority list, which sucks :(

Seth.23
09-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 and 3 are pretty fun to play

LUCPIX
10-04-2016, 12:13 AM
I kinda understand them. In the first place, it's really a tough job to make a new and better version of something that's already great. And since they are not going to reinvent the wheel, it'll be nice to see a Coaster builder with more freedom to put the trails everywhere. Oh, and lots of details in the toys and the people's face, at least a 2016-looking game

Lucy
10-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Get ETS2MP

best simulator EU

Someone was trying to build a Train Simulator MP ages ago but I think they had issues with the maps. I am not actually sure if your being serious but I enjoy ETS2 :)

A
10-04-2016, 08:42 PM
I've got it, however find the controls really bad and difficult to use. Also it's quite laggy at times for me as well. Not bad though, maybe I could get used to it?

neonebis
11-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Just had a look at Parkitect and Planet Coaster...both look like lots of fun so I may have to get one (A) Planet coaster reminds me of Theme Park World.

Absolutely - but a very next-gen version of!! The amount of freedom it should offer will be unreal!!

Get ETS2MP

best simulator EU

Oh what's ETS2MP? I must check it out! I MUST!

Had a few problems (still ongoing) with Parkitect I assume its only mac related, first off my iMac can't run a 64 game, had to downgrade to 32? So that got sorted now I seem to be jamming constantly :/ I've pulled it up with one of the devs but as they only have 3 staff I assume a mac problem isn't top of their priority list, which sucks :(

That's a bit sucky!!! I hit it up on my Mac the other night after we spoke and didn't seem to have much issue. What Mac are you running? I'm on a 2015 Macbook pro with retina display. For a team of 3 it's pretty outstanding work nonetheless. Hopefully they can find you a solution. When is Mac ever a priority? :S:@

I've got it, however find the controls really bad and difficult to use. Also it's quite laggy at times for me as well. Not bad though, maybe I could get used to it?

Which one is this?

GoldenMerc
11-04-2016, 04:03 PM
I sorted it, had to use 32bit, my macbook pro works fine with it, just my iMac didn't like it too much :(

Stephen
11-04-2016, 04:56 PM
bought parkitect
i like the graphics. More themepark worldy plus I love all the mods already :O

will probably get planet coaster closer to release date

Chris
11-04-2016, 05:15 PM
bought parkitect
i like the graphics. More themepark worldy plus I love all the mods already :O

will probably get planet coaster closer to release date

What sort of mods are there? Sounds even more tempting now

Stephen
11-04-2016, 05:44 PM
https://parkitectnexus.com

-paul.
11-04-2016, 08:13 PM
Rollercoaster Tycoon is my life but the new one won't run on my laptop. Can't beat a bit of Theme Park (World) as well!

Stephen
11-04-2016, 10:23 PM
i like the tycoon world terraforming brush tool
parkitect terraforming is abit fiddly but I guess it's meant to be blocky type editing

also i wanted stairs leading up to a room but rooms and coasters don't raise up to path heights which hopefully they add in

it's brilliant so far. Stutters abit with too much stuff but damnnn it's decent for a pre-alpha. Coaster/Ride cam mod is a must have til they build it into the game

also camera mods allow much better panning/rotation etc

Lucy
12-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Parkitect will be coming to steam very soon, I got an email the other day which I now cannot find but it will be coming to Steam Early Access on the 5th of May :) http://store.steampowered.com/app/453090/

Chris
12-04-2016, 04:33 PM
I've had a go on parkitect this morning. It's just the sort of thing I love and it has some really good elements from past sim games. Also it seems really good for a pre-alpha :O

GoldenMerc
12-04-2016, 08:05 PM
What mods for parkitect are a must?

Chris
14-04-2016, 06:01 PM
Does anyone know how to delete a blueprint item once you've placed it on Parkitect? Annoying having to delete every item individually

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!