PDA

View Full Version : falling for mates

-:Undertaker:-
20-04-2016, 07:55 PM
anyone have a reallllllll problem always falling for their friends it's something i've read a bit on

i think it's really hard to like someone in that way without like knowing them properly first and i think getting to know someone takes ages and then there's whether you'll actually like them. with mates though, it's like just the same (you imagine it) but even closer.

life should just work as, your sitting in the pub.... you to friend "be my bae?" "sound yeah x" and life is sorted.

ANYONE ELSE fallen for friends and how have you handled it or what

FlyingJesus
20-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Yeah definitely because I don't tend to pick ugly people to hang out with or talk to in general so if you're my friend you're prob ok looking and obv that's a base that can be built on if you end up really getting on and being close in a way that evolves romantically. It's not always a great idea but it happens

Inseriousity.
20-04-2016, 08:10 PM
I'm the same. I think it's down to personal preference really. I can't imagine myself in a pub, going up to people, chatting them up. Probably because I'd be pretty terrible at it. I would much rather get to know someone first as friends and see if there's any sparkage.

I can't say how I've handled it because I've either dated them or the feelings have just naturally faded over time but dw you're not alone :P

buttons
20-04-2016, 08:16 PM
nope, i tend to fancy people who don't know i exist or aren't interested in me. so usually i fancy someone and get straight into something with them instead of being friends or even really knowing each other - probably why ive always had shit relationships! although with my current rship we did start as friends then turned into more so i knew how annoying and terrible he was BEFORE getting together :-)

scottish
20-04-2016, 08:23 PM
nope, i tend to fancy people who don't know i exist or aren't interested in me. so usually i fancy someone and get straight into something with them instead of being friends or even really knowing each other - probably why ive always had shit relationships! although with my current rship we did start as friends then turned into more so i knew how annoying and terrible he was BEFORE getting together :-)

I was always lovely

Chris
20-04-2016, 08:40 PM
Yeah it's happened to me twice before. It's hard but you just have to tell yourself it's never gonna happen, otherwise you'll drive yourself mad thinking about it.

Matt
21-04-2016, 03:54 AM
I've only ever fallen for 1 person in my friend group in the past but it'd never happen (like ever) so I forgot about that idea pretttyyy quickly.

Zak
21-04-2016, 09:46 AM
Some of my mates fell for me back in the day. Where something happened - some remained friends, some didn't. I've never fallen for a mate though. Its always been the other way around.

Mowgli
21-04-2016, 09:53 AM
Often friends can be the best person to become romantically involved with - but only in certain situations. Your significant other should typically be considered as your best friend, because you click. It's not always simple though. It's often the hardest relationship to have.

Nick
21-04-2016, 12:05 PM
i think i had at 1 point lol but we were like v close friends and their family was close friends with ours but i told myself it would ruin the friendship so i snapped out of it. IT WAS LIKE A SPELL

lawrawrrr
21-04-2016, 04:15 PM
It can be so awkward and make it hard for the entire group (I've been in that situation before) but I do think it's easier because I've usually always started out as friends with someone then got together mutually... but that can end badly too

Basically, all relationships are hard so just don't bother ahhahha

.:Q99:.
22-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Nail and bail is always the best option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucy
23-04-2016, 05:56 AM
In my latter years of high school we had a close group of about 15-20 people, I would say at some point everyone in that group had a relationship with one other person in the group. We all came through it and now I think only two of the group are still in their relationships.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!