PDA

View Full Version : How regularly do you replace your phone?

Chris
29-04-2016, 06:33 PM
How long do you keep your phone before buying a new one? Do you replace it when a new model comes out or do you hold onto it until it's almost none functioning?

Katy
29-04-2016, 08:25 PM
When my contract finishes and I need a new one haha

scottish
29-04-2016, 10:20 PM
I had my last one from 2013 until this year, going forward probably replace it every time the contract expires, so 2 yr.

buttons
29-04-2016, 10:21 PM
whenever i lose one so used to be about 3x a year. had this one 6 months, doing well!

Elegance
29-04-2016, 10:40 PM
in high school i was notorious for replacing my phone like every 5 months... but i've had this phone for almost a year now and i'll probably replace it in a years time when my contract runs out

Chris
29-04-2016, 10:55 PM
whenever i lose one so used to be about 3x a year. had this one 6 months, doing well!

How do you lose them so much? :P

buttons
29-04-2016, 10:58 PM
How do you lose them so much? :P
being drunk and taking everything out my handbag 5x an hour or not closing my pockets when on public transport.

-:Undertaker:-
29-04-2016, 11:00 PM
it's almost none functioning?

that's me

i can't see my S3 mini lasting beyond the end of this summer. even struggles with basic things now

Nick
29-04-2016, 11:58 PM
for me its probably been a year and a half maybe 2 years

Absently
30-04-2016, 10:01 AM
I usually last with phone for a year or two. This one is going strong I've had it for over 3 years now, but it's badly damaged!! My screen it badly cracked and pieces have fallen out, some times it's impossible to use as the screen comes out of place and the top button hasn't worked in over a year, it frequently just messes up by itself. I will hopefully be buying a new phone soon :)

Alkaz
30-04-2016, 10:29 AM
that's me

i can't see my S3 mini lasting beyond the end of this summer. even struggles with basic things now

How on earth is that still functioning omg!

Evrery time my contract expires.

Lucy
30-04-2016, 03:09 PM
I used to get a new phone every two years, however my carrier now offers a new phone every year deal so I do that for the new iPhone.

.:TaylorSwift:
01-05-2016, 03:27 AM
Well when I switch carriers (now we found a company we will staying at). I would say I can get a new phone once it's not being supported any longer by the company or there is better technology. [My current phone costed 50$ so parents are being more lenient on letting me upgrade] I want to replace my next phone to IPhone SE

Sent from my using Tapatalk

Metric1
12-05-2016, 01:50 AM
Every 2-3 years I find my phones to be obsolete and in need of replacement.

Empired
12-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Whenever my old one stops working as well and I get to the point where I'm just like "wow this is rubbish now". Like I replaced my last one when it stopped recognising the sim card alllllll the time and I got it fixed once but it broke again two days later so I just gave up and got a new one. It lasted about 2 and a half years.

This one I've had since august or september I think so it still has a quite a lot of life left in it I think.

Matt
12-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Whenever it breaks

Wfx
19-05-2016, 10:08 PM
This may sound extremely stupid, but I replace my phone literally every 2-3 weeks!!! I'm so clumsy LMAO. It's not a smart idea, and isn't worth the money I pay?! But I'd be lost without it.
(Especially my grindr ;]) JKS! omg.

LUCPIX
19-05-2016, 10:47 PM
This may sound extremely stupid, but I replace my phone literally every 2-3 weeks!!! I'm so clumsy LMAO. It's not a smart idea, and isn't worth the money I pay?! But I'd be lost without it.
(Especially my grindr ;]) JKS! omg.

where do youfind enough money to buy them all?? and why so fast?? we create special feelings for our son, i mean, cellphone, it's hard to let it go :O

Wfx
19-05-2016, 11:18 PM
where do youfind enough money to buy them all?? and why so fast?? we create special feelings for our son, i mean, cellphone, it's hard to let it go :O

I work full time as a web developer and Graphics Designer, hence having money to buy! Most of my wage goes on new phone LOL :P & Omg I know! It would be like torture not having one :O

LUCPIX
20-05-2016, 12:06 AM
I work full time as a web developer and Graphics Designer, hence having money to buy! Most of my wage goes on new phone LOL :P & Omg I know! It would be like torture not having one :O

No way!! I heard that they have a Graphic Design department here, you might find it interesting :¬:
Oh yeah, it's kind of torture. I have a passion for smartphones as well, but I'm afraid they will completely replace the old fashioned desktop computers in the future hah

Wfx
20-05-2016, 12:06 PM
No way!! I heard that they have a Graphic Design department here, you might find it interesting :¬:
Oh yeah, it's kind of torture. I have a passion for smartphones as well, but I'm afraid they will completely replace the old fashioned desktop computers in the future hah

I might apply for it tbh, depending on time I have. - And omg! I'm currently working on a OS for a custom computer system! I'll keep you updated if you would like :)

Brad
20-05-2016, 01:48 PM
I've had the phone I have now for almost two years, and I still remember the day I got it.
I hope to continue to upgrade but then I'd be in another contract for 2 years...

Cerys
20-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Every time my contract ends, which is every two years at around February

Got an S6 Edge atm for another year and a bit!

I've only had to swap out a phone once due to damage, it was one of them slidey ones, I was interested in what made it slide (i was like 12 pls) so I pulled the screen part off the back part where the keys are lol rip

A
20-05-2016, 09:01 PM
every two years to be honest lol.

Mikey
21-05-2016, 03:32 AM
Every two years. :)

lawrawrrr
21-05-2016, 03:54 PM
Well, since I've had a proper phone (so like when I was 17), it's been about every year. I've had this phone now for a year and a couple months, I do want a new one as storage is full and stuff but I don't really wanna pay for early upgrade.

Upgrade date is January next year! ;(

Chris
21-05-2016, 04:18 PM
Well, since I've had a proper phone (so like when I was 17), it's been about every year. I've had this phone now for a year and a couple months, I do want a new one as storage is full and stuff but I don't really wanna pay for early upgrade.

Upgrade date is January next year! ;(

Can't you just delete stuff off it? :P

lawrawrrr
21-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Can't you just delete stuff off it? :P
WELL YES but I have a problem deleting photos and things. But somehow getting a new blank phone I never think about old photos

so yeah

Chris
21-05-2016, 04:31 PM
WELL YES but I have a problem deleting photos and things. But somehow getting a new blank phone I never think about old photos

so yeah

Transfer them to your pc :O

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!