PDA

View Full Version : What was the first game that you loved?

David
10-05-2016, 05:26 PM
What was the first game that you loved?

j0rd
10-05-2016, 05:50 PM
probably crash bandicoot or red fraction

a long time later but cod4 deserves a mention as well

Chris
10-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Sonic on the Mega Drive

scottish
10-05-2016, 07:47 PM
Mario I think?

dbgtz
10-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Either MGS1 or Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time/Bugs Bunny & Taz: Time Busters (essentially the same game), hard to remember as it was so long ago. If we start from more "recently" where I got more into games, then probably COD4, but shout out to Resistance: Fall of Man as that was a great game that got me more interested in games as a whole.

Samantha
10-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Either MGS1 or Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time, hard to remember as it was so long ago. If we start from more "recently" where I got more into games, then probably COD4, but shout out to Resistance: Fall of Man as that was a great game that got me more interested in games as a whole.

Bugs Bunny: Lost In Time was awesome on Gameboy!

Mines probably Super Mario II on SNES or Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer on PS1.

dbgtz
10-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Bugs Bunny: Lost In Time was awesome on Gameboy!

Mines probably Super Mario II on SNES or Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer on PS1.

It's a PS1 game wtf you smoking Samanfa

Samantha
10-05-2016, 10:22 PM
It's a PS1 game wtf you smoking Samanfa

I meant Crazy Castle sorry (A).

I used to love so many of my Gameboy games, I was just rubbish at them all though.

Cerys
10-05-2016, 10:23 PM
Ahh Gateway to Glimmer was amaazing

I can't remember for me tbh it's that long ago, but probably one of the spyro or crash bandicoot games

oo just remembered, the monsters inc game for gameboy advance was AMAZING i still have it and it still works, amazingly

Alkaz
10-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Crash Bandicoot and Theme Hospital

FlyingJesus
10-05-2016, 10:49 PM
Being sad and ancient I guess the answer is probably Jetpac on the ZX Spectrum :P

http://simon.mooli.org.uk/LXF/Spectra/pix/JetPac.gif
pew pew

Also a game called Pssst! where you're what I thought was an owl but is apparently a robot (not as cool cries) who has to use the right kind of bug sprays to kill the worms and stuff that are trying to eat your enormous flower

http://199.101.98.242/media/images/87739-Pssst_%281983%29%28Ultimate%29-2.jpeg

Nick
11-05-2016, 03:47 AM
this game when it first come out

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f8/Pong.png

Empired
11-05-2016, 06:50 AM
Well I wasn't allowed to play electronic-related for ages because my mum said they rot my brain so my first one was Animal Crossing: Wild World on nintendo ds lol

Played it for hours and hours, and I still go back and visit very occasionally although now I play New Leaf more often (not touched it in like a year tho oops).

.:TaylorSwift:
17-05-2016, 03:50 PM
Well my first "video game" was Nintendo Dogs. My first Computer game I loved was Club Penguin.

Jurv
17-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Worms
Speed Freaks
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
Spyro the Dragon
Crash Bandicoot
Pandemonium!

They're the only ones I can remember at the minute, all on PS1. I was obsessed!

LUCPIX
17-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Either MGS1 or Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time/Bugs Bunny & Taz: Time Busters (essentially the same game), hard to remember as it was so long ago. If we start from more "recently" where I got more into games, then probably COD4, but shout out to Resistance: Fall of Man as that was a great game that got me more interested in games as a whole.

Oh Dragon
BB Lost in time was one of my first experiences with 3D games (especially those who wouldn't make my PC explode due to the tough system requirements) and since it has a Spanish version (similar to Portuguese after all) it was easy to figure out what the characters were saying hahah
The 30's Gangster's City is my favorite world even though it was super hard to me thanks to a certain piano that we must to play to unlock something (do you remember it?)

The first game that made my heart stop was either 3D Pinball: Space Cadet (that pre-installed game for Windows XP) or Sonic Universe 2. It's not even an official game, but a glitchy, simple fan-game that used the Sonic 3 & Knuckles's sprites. Since I was 4 all the bugs seemed pretty intentional. And I still play it lmao

http://www.caiman.us/freepix/407-2.jpghttp://www.caiman.us/freepix/407-1.jpg

FlyingJesus man, do you know SkoolDaze, that school bully simulator? This is my favorite ZX game

Stephen
18-05-2016, 12:08 AM
i liked skyroads

http://i.imgur.com/HQYKmna.gif

but i was extremely bad at it

lawrawrrr
18-05-2016, 11:50 AM
I don't remember the first games but I know the earliest ones I liked were the Sims: Busting Out (I think) for Gameboy Advanced! Me and my sister always used to play some kind of Mario game as well on there but I don't remember what :(

Also Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle
18-05-2016, 01:02 PM
sonic on the sega and runescape on pc

wixard
18-05-2016, 01:04 PM
yasss kyle

sega: lion king or sonic
pc: duke nukem, sims
gameboy: all pokemon games
playstation: all the harry potter games, spyro
xbox: halo 3

they're prob the games i've sunk the most time into throughout my life

- - - Updated - - -

OOPS! i forgot catz and dogz for pc

LUCPIX
18-05-2016, 04:13 PM
I don't remember the first games but I know the earliest ones I liked were the Sims: Busting Out (I think) for Gameboy Advanced! Me and my sister always used to play some kind of Mario game as well on there but I don't remember what :(

Also Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's one of the best Sim's spinoffs! I couldn't understand why the rock n' roll girl in Sims Bustin' Out hated me so much and we could date the local Detective so easily hahahah Everything was a matter of choosing the right word in the right time

lawrawrrr
18-05-2016, 04:19 PM
It's one of the best Sim's spinoffs! I couldn't understand why the rock n' roll girl in Sims Bustin' Out hated me so much and we could date the local Detective so easily hahahah Everything was a matter of choosing the right word in the right time

I wasn't allowed the sims as a kid - whenever I played it at my friends houses I used to go home and beg for it but wasn't allowed full stop :( they compromised on Bustin Out though as it was more aimed at kids

I did quite like it though, at the time anyway, it was so much better than having no kind of sims at all!

LUCPIX
18-05-2016, 04:35 PM
i liked skyroads

http://i.imgur.com/HQYKmna.gif

but i was extremely bad at it

I played a similar game for PC, but instead of a starship the main character was a small man running with a lowquality JPG of an office entrance. Too much

I wasn't allowed the sims as a kid - whenever I played it at my friends houses I used to go home and beg for it but wasn't allowed full stop :( they compromised on Bustin Out though as it was more aimed at kids

I did quite like it though, at the time anyway, it was so much better than having no kind of sims at all!

o
YES, SAME HERE
I first played Bustin Out because the original Sims was SO expansive at the time and my parents didn't want to buy it to me
But before it has happened, some friends of mine came to sleep in my house with their laptop and it was a magical day, I couldn't help myself laughing a lot of those Sim kids playing that nonsense tag. I first played the original The Sims in my own PC seven years later when I discovered the TORRENTS

Brad
18-05-2016, 07:15 PM
I was really into the regular super nintendo. Super Mario 2/3 were my favourites. Fell in love with them for days

Cerys
23-05-2016, 12:30 AM
Just remembered another one of the first games I obsessed over - Gauntlet Legends

Did any of you ever play it, it was absolutely amazing I wish I still had it tbh, never get bored of it!

Lucy
23-05-2016, 12:43 AM
It was probably one of the sonic games, however a game that sticks out in the memory is Spyro :)

Sixtiess
23-05-2016, 07:17 AM
Has to be the original crash bandicoot for PS1, and Habbo back in the day.

Sent from my HUAWEI CRR-L09 using Tapatalk

Nattie
30-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Crash Bandicoot and Spyro for the PS1 console and Pokemon for the GameBoy Color console all the way back in the days.
When I became a little bit older I started to get a nice liking to the Sims games.
Some great memories from them all. :dance:

Monotonous
30-05-2016, 02:14 PM
007: Golden Eye on the N64

Officer-Chris
04-06-2016, 10:37 PM
Nintendo 64 I only played sonic the hedgehog

disbedizzle
04-06-2016, 11:55 PM
runescape/battlefield <3

LUCPIX
07-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Sonic Universe 2, when I was 5
Even though it was a buggy and Brazilian fangame with Sonic 3 & Knuckles's sprites I didn't care at all and all the glitches (like the one that made me stuck in the wall and press F2 to restart) seemed intentional at the time
it was magical

Zak
18-07-2016, 05:28 PM
Ocarina of Time. Still my favourite game to this day!

Sho
19-07-2016, 05:24 PM
i didn't really play video games as a kid because i was always outside and stuff. i was rarely in the house so never played, which means i missed out on a lot of games that people used to play back then.

first game i properly played was simpsons hit and run and that was great

Red
19-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Super mario on the snes!

amarj
20-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Mine was easily Final Fantasy 7 on PS1, after this I started getting into other RPG games like Zelda on N64 and Gothic 1 on PC

MightyMagician
20-10-2016, 03:31 PM
I'm gonna have to say Pokemon Platinum. First full Pokemon game I ever played and it was absolutely addicting up until Cynthia at the Elite 4. God, she was a royal pain in the ass to beat.

despect
22-02-2017, 07:49 PM
Pokemon or harry potter games

nat965
28-02-2017, 07:03 PM
Need for speed hot pursuit on PC. Used to loveeeeeeeeeeeee it and played it constantly

Sho
28-02-2017, 07:49 PM
forgot to mention that i used to loveeee playing lemmings and a game called theme park (and then theme park inc when that one came out) which was pretty much the same as roller coaster tycoon from what i remember.

there was another game and i THINK it was called lego racers. you could build cars out of lego and then race them. i really don't remember the name but it was something along those lines. that was so much fun

LUCPIX
01-03-2017, 12:22 AM
forgot to mention that i used to loveeee playing lemmings and a game called theme park (and then theme park inc when that one came out) which was pretty much the same as roller coaster tycoon from what i remember.

Both RCT and TP (you mean that Theme Park with a black ant teaching us how to play the game and saying "ahem" whenever we ignore him? woohoo) were coincidentally released in the same year, and they were insane, Theme Park having a little advantage for having 3D graphics... not THAT great but whatever, it's 3D! I have spent days to unlock that last scenario, the Spacial one but after achieving that I simply got tired and uninstalled the game forever!

Theme Park Inc is almost a copy of the previous one but at least it has that cute female ant, huh

Sho
01-03-2017, 12:32 AM
Both RCT and TP (you mean that Theme Park with a black ant teaching us how to play the game and saying "ahem" whenever we ignore him? woohoo) were coincidentally released in the same year, and they were insane, Theme Park having a little advantage for having 3D graphics... not THAT great but whatever, it's 3D! I have spent days to unlock that last scenario, the Spacial one but after achieving that I simply got tired and uninstalled the game forever!

Theme Park Inc is almost a copy of the previous one but at least it has that cute female ant, huh

oh they were?! didn't know that!
i honestly don't remember much of the game, but i remember not being very good at it and being told off because of all the vomit everywhere...

LUCPIX
01-03-2017, 12:46 AM
oh they were?! didn't know that!
i honestly don't remember much of the game, but i remember not being very good at it and being told off because of all the vomit everywhere...

just because we couldn't resist the temptation of putting food kiosks next to the rides's exit place because that was design-ly cool! :frust:

Sho
01-03-2017, 02:30 AM
just because we couldn't resist the temptation of putting food kiosks next to the rides's exit place because that was design-ly cool! :frust:
for sure! had to hire about a million janitors to keep up with it all just so i didn't have to change my design

despect
01-03-2017, 02:37 AM

Or picking up one of the guests and putting them in the water (A) I mean I totally didn't do that...

LUCPIX
01-03-2017, 04:24 PM
for sure! had to hire about a million janitors to keep up with it all just so i didn't have to change my design

if you think well, that should be a good signal because, if they're vomiting, that means they liked both the foods and the rides we did provide. the more dirty we see there, the more satisfied they were! right? well

Or picking up one of the guests and putting them in the water (A) I mean I totally didn't do that...

statistically, if they have the courage to ride the rides, they should be able to swim as well - RCT is pointless

despect
01-03-2017, 04:27 PM
if you think well, that should be a good signal because, if they're vomiting, that means they liked both the foods and the rides we did provide. the more dirty we see there, the more satisfied they were! right? well

statistically, if they have the courage to ride the rides, they should be able to swim as well - RCT is pointless

Exactly! It wasnt the most releastic games haha

Sho
01-03-2017, 04:30 PM

i used to use the ride cam feature to see what it was like to ride it and didn't see why half the people were vomiting because they weren't that bad??

LUCPIX
01-03-2017, 04:43 PM
i used to use the ride cam feature to see what it was like to ride it and didn't see why half the people were vomiting because they weren't that bad??

before the actual realism came out to the videogames, we were forced to remove the dust from the imaginative side of the brain, unfortunately or not! by the way, who actually needs realism in videogames?

have you played the third RCT, 2004's? it's basically Theme Park Inc with zero talking ants but it has a better AI (that stuff which makes them act as if they were real humans, aka they'll get convincingly sick) and that ride cam feature - you'll probably vomit in satisfation! :Sick:

Sho
01-03-2017, 04:54 PM
before the actual realism came out to the videogames, we were forced to remove the dust from the imaginative side of the brain, unfortunately or not! by the way, who actually needs realism in videogames?

have you played the third RCT, 2004's? it's basically Theme Park Inc with zero talking ants but it has a better AI (that stuff which makes them act as if they were real humans, aka they'll get convincingly sick) and that ride cam feature - you'll probably vomit in satisfation! :Sick:

i honestly can't remember if i played the third or not! i have recently started playing rollercoaster world though, which is pretty much the same thing except everything is pretty. going on the ride cam on that is pretty fun!! if you haven't played you should totally check out some videos.

did you also play theme hospital?

LUCPIX
01-03-2017, 05:41 PM
i honestly can't remember if i played the third or not! i have recently started playing rollercoaster world though, which is pretty much the same thing except everything is pretty. going on the ride cam on that is pretty fun!! if you haven't played you should totally check out some videos.

did you also play theme hospital?

JESUS, they've released RCTW already, thanks for the memo !!! :O :O

Unsure whether that'll run on my intel atom but, whatever happens, I've got my sister's HD graphics to rob for a while, although simulation games and notebooks doesn't always fit together very well, anyways

About theme hospital.. no but I vaguely remember hearing some people vaguely mentioning it - is it like theme park but with hospital beds? people vomiting, speaking black ant etc?

despect
01-03-2017, 05:44 PM
I used to play this game called pop star maker and it was just what it says in the name. You create a solo artist/band and basically manage them. Release songs, book them in for events like talk shows etc. This was back when ps1 was released

Sho
01-03-2017, 05:47 PM
JESUS, they've released RCTW already, thanks for the memo !!! :O :O

Unsure whether that'll run on my intel atom but, whatever happens, I've got my sister's HD graphics to rob for a while, although simulation games and notebooks doesn't always fit together very well, anyways

About theme hospital.. no but I vaguely remember hearing some people vaguely mentioning it - is it like theme park but with hospital beds? people vomiting, speaking black ant etc?

well if you can't play it, definitely watch some vids to see what you're missing! it's pretty fun so far. i think it's a lot more user friendly than the similar games before it too

it's a similar concept yes but you design your own hospital. i recently downloaded the game on pc so i could play again, loved it so much as a kid!

Landon
01-03-2017, 06:08 PM
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3

despect
01-03-2017, 07:17 PM
Omg i loved theme hospital. Im pretty sure I actually still have it :O

LUCPIX
01-03-2017, 10:12 PM
I used to play this game called pop star maker and it was just what it says in the name. You create a solo artist/band and basically manage them. Release songs, book them in for events like talk shows etc. This was back when ps1 was released

LOOOOL what an awesome concept - could you be able to actually talk in that talk show, or whatever??

I'll download this THEME HOSPITAL and see if this is really good, seems like it has Habbo-y graphics

despect
01-03-2017, 10:23 PM
LOOOOL what an awesome concept - could you be able to actually talk in that talk show, or whatever??

I'll download this THEME HOSPITAL and see if this is really good, seems like it has Habbo-y graphics

Nope it skipped through the talk show :(

Sho
01-03-2017, 10:28 PM
i hope you like it lucas!! i had lots of fun playing that game

despect
01-03-2017, 10:44 PM
I hope you have fun playing theme hospital Lucas, I actually found theme hospital too I may see if I can download it on my laptop!!

LUCPIX
01-03-2017, 11:38 PM
Nope it skipped through the talk show :(

shoot! that was uninspired

i hope you like it lucas!! i had lots of fun playing that game

I hope you have fun playing theme hospital Lucas, I actually found theme hospital too I may see if I can download it on my laptop!!

the first one to build a 5 star Hospital (?????) or whatever, wins one rubber duck

despect
01-03-2017, 11:46 PM
shoot! that was uninspired

the first one to build a 5 star Hospital (?????) or whatever, wins one rubber duck

I know! it sucks :(

Sho
02-03-2017, 12:00 AM

hahaha you'll get a head start though since i have so much uni work to do :( will play over the weekend! have you played yet?
is 5 star hospital even a thing hahah

LUCPIX
02-03-2017, 01:02 AM
hahaha you'll get a head start though since i have so much uni work to do :( will play over the weekend! have you played yet?
is 5 star hospital even a thing hahah

sort of, yeah, I've put some plants and benches but they are, like, not happy - always asking for someone to water the green and some extra rooms to cure people and and...

i'll find my way, well

Sho
02-03-2017, 01:04 AM
sort of, yeah, I've put some plants and benches but they are, like, not happy - always asking for someone to water the green and some extra rooms to cure people and and...

i'll find my way, well

are you doing the tutorials? not sure what they're callled in the game if it's not "tutorials" but it explains a lot. it can be a lot to take in at once otherwise!

despect
02-03-2017, 01:07 AM
I literally just tested things out and hoped for the best haha

LUCPIX
02-03-2017, 01:10 AM
are you doing the tutorials? not sure what they're callled in the game if it's not "tutorials" but it explains a lot. it can be a lot to take in at once otherwise!

guess who skipped the learning campaign because he's-too-much-smart-for-that?

bah

*opens tutorial*

Sho
02-03-2017, 01:11 AM
guess who skipped the learning campaign because he's-too-much-smart-for-that?

bah

*opens tutorial*

hahahaha I did the same first time don't worry!!! was playing like ???? because I had no idea but made a lot more sense after the tutorial

LUCPIX
02-03-2017, 09:38 PM
hahahaha I did the same first time don't worry!!! was playing like ???? because I had no idea but made a lot more sense after the tutorial

Hahaha we do only THINK we can do things right by ourselves

btw, have you played SimCity?? Specially the "fourth" game (SimCity 4)? That was made more or less in the same time of the first Sims - If you liked TH you'll practically love SC4

Sho
02-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Hahaha we do only THINK we can do things right by ourselves

btw, have you played SimCity?? Specially the "fourth" game (SimCity 4)? That was made more or less in the same time of the first Sims - If you liked TH you'll practically love SC4

i have played two simcity games and built two very awful cities that just fell apart hahaha - not very good at it at all and had no idea what i was doing. it's a shame because i love playing it, i'm just really bad :(

Sloths
03-03-2017, 01:16 AM
I can't really remember the first game I loved, I can remember games I loved when I was younger but can't really recall which came first! Pokémon Crystal on Gameboy Colour was one of them, then there's Rayman as well for ps2 flippin loved that, SSX was after that but still around the same time.

zammy149
03-03-2017, 11:06 AM
first game i love was halo, and runescape my childhood in a nutshell

LUCPIX
03-03-2017, 09:19 PM
I can't really remember the first game I loved, I can remember games I loved when I was younger but can't really recall which came first! Pokémon Crystal on Gameboy Colour was one of them, then there's Rayman as well for ps2 flippin loved that, SSX was after that but still around the same time.

Sims 2's sims simply couldn't stop playing that crazy SSX, I didn't even know that game was real

Sloths
03-03-2017, 09:22 PM
Sims 2's sims simply couldn't stop playing that crazy SSX, I didn't even know that game was real

Yessss it was and it was brilliant! I used to play it with my brother but he was always better than me haha, I wish my ps2 still worked cuz I love that gameAlso I was never allowed to play sims until I was like 13 and finally had my own computer :( I missed out until then

LUCPIX
03-03-2017, 09:27 PM
Yessss it was and it was brilliant! I used to play it with my brother but he was always better than me haha, I wish my ps2 still worked cuz I love that gameAlso I was never allowed to play sims until I was like 13 and finally had my own computer :( I missed out until then

Ha! Is there a PC version? *googling* definitely a must-play/have/get addicted to

Actually my only reference of a good "snowboarding" game were Virtual Stratton - like.. a whole 3d mountain full of obstacles which we could freely travel around but, like most of the old 3D games, all those scenario elements looked like plastic and wasn't interactive at all - Oh well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1BX-vCEVIg

No worries, I also had a "waiting for The Sims" phase! On the first time they introduced that wonderful game to me, I was 5 but I would only actually play that marvelous thing with latin background music 6 years later when I've finally discovered torrents! Girlllll, that was the heaven! Really was

Sloths
03-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Ha! Is there a PC version? *googling* definitely a must-play/have/get addicted to

Actually my only reference of a good "snowboarding" game were Virtual Stratton - like.. a whole 3d mountain full of obstacles which we could freely travel around but, like most of the old 3D games, all those scenario elements looked like plastic and wasn't interactive at all - Oh well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1BX-vCEVIg

No worries, I also had a "waiting for The Sims" phase! On the first time they introduced that wonderful game to me, I was 5 but I would only actually play that marvelous thing with latin background music 6 years later when I've finally discovered torrents! Girlllll, that was the heaven! Really was

Not sure about PC but there's versions for newer consoles, I just haven't got around to buying it. They're also just not as good (and by that I mean harder and less nicer to play for sofi) and the original was just so nostalgic and fab and I'd memorised all the courses!

Akeel
04-03-2017, 01:28 PM
mario on nintendo ds

Artpops
04-03-2017, 03:11 PM
LoL. X

Akeel
04-03-2017, 03:12 PM
black ops x

-:Undertaker:-
05-03-2017, 10:02 AM
crash bandicoot 1

despect
05-03-2017, 02:05 PM
crash bandicoot 1

Yesss omg I was addicted to that!

King-Tom
07-03-2017, 10:48 PM
roblox lol

despect
25-03-2017, 05:10 AM
roblox lol

Was that the one you told me about before? It sounded a lot like Habbo if its the one im thinking of :P

Keegan
02-04-2017, 06:04 PM
if you mean online then habbo but if like a console game or something then pokemon!!

interestingpal
05-04-2017, 02:53 AM
If its all about any game that I played then I love playing Mario Bros.:D

King-Tom
06-04-2017, 10:17 AM
Was that the one you told me about before? It sounded a lot like Habbo if its the one im thinking of :P

Probably, it's changed a lot since 2009/10. I popped on months ago lol

MKR&*42
06-04-2017, 11:24 AM
The Sims :) It was awesome, still is.

King-Tom
14-04-2017, 07:55 PM
The Sims :) It was awesome, still is.

what a throwback!! i used to kill people to see if jesus or satan came xD

SeptemberNum
17-04-2017, 03:28 AM
I super love the Super Mario and some other Gameboy games.

King-Tom
17-04-2017, 08:02 AM
I super love the Super Mario and some other Gameboy games.

ooo yes super mario was the bomb! :D

Jam
17-04-2017, 09:35 PM
Pokémon Yellow.

Shockwave.2CC
19-04-2017, 01:45 AM
Goldeneye for Nintendo 64 (N64)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFmQFGhc-cU

DJ-Tripjay
26-05-2017, 01:50 AM
Pac Man after i found my Love for HAlO 2 hearing the theame song still give me great memories of my late night gaming binges

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!