PDA

View Full Version : Best way you have handled a break-up?

marine
22-05-2016, 07:35 PM
What's the best way you've handled a break up or found which keeps your mind occupied?

FlyingJesus
22-05-2016, 08:04 PM
Denial and drinking

Lucy
23-05-2016, 01:08 AM
Only ever had one breakup that I was overly bothered about and to be honest I just continued with the plans we had made prior, I went to the movies alone followed by dinner. We remained friends after the event but it was a bit weird for a while.

OldLoveSong
23-05-2016, 03:46 AM
consuming myself in work and watching tons of netflix

marine
23-05-2016, 01:11 PM
It's just I've recently broke up with a my girlfriend and it's my first serious relationship and I honestly don't know what to do with myself. I feel dead inside.

GoldenMerc
23-05-2016, 01:18 PM
onto the next one

FlyingJesus
23-05-2016, 02:51 PM
It's just I've recently broke up with a my girlfriend and it's my first serious relationship and I honestly don't know what to do with myself. I feel dead inside.

Join the events team

Brad
23-05-2016, 03:59 PM
In a seriousness, grieving is not a bad thing. Depending on how long you were together, this time may be longer than you want.
Mainly looking at the things you've learned from the relationship and things you didn't like from it as well. You also have to reflect on whether the relationship was bringing you down or building you up. Maybe you have gotten out of a poisonous relationship and you haven't realized it yet.
But reach out to your friends, talk and explain how you feel.
Breakups are the worse because it feels like you lose half of yourself, but hopefully next time you'll be more independent that the person only builds on your independence, so you don't fall into the same rut You're in now.

Mikey
23-05-2016, 05:30 PM
We ended mutually and she now keeps messaging me about wanting to get back together. It's getting rather annoying.

marine
23-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Join the events team
Habbo is so boring, and being at my computer brings back so many memories. I met her online and we met and lived together for like 7 months and anytime in between we'd skype continously, I spoke to her about everything as both a girlfriend and a friend and now both elements are gone, I honestly don't know what to do with myself.

In a seriousness, grieving is not a bad thing. Depending on how long you were together, this time may be longer than you want.
Mainly looking at the things you've learned from the relationship and things you didn't like from it as well. You also have to reflect on whether the relationship was bringing you down or building you up. Maybe you have gotten out of a poisonous relationship and you haven't realized it yet.
But reach out to your friends, talk and explain how you feel.
Breakups are the worse because it feels like you lose half of yourself, but hopefully next time you'll be more independent that the person only builds on your independence, so you don't fall into the same rut You're in now.

I've known her for 11 months, it'll be a year in june took around 4 months to get to know eachother well and then dated her for 8 months. I know what mistakes I made with just mental problems which caused us arguments which I've said I'd get help with. This is going to sound really dumb but I only have a few friends and they arn't really talking to me because ever since I met this girl I pretty much ignored them from being so loved up and in our own little world, I messaged a friend earlier and he hasn't even bothered replying to me so it's just hard.

Sorry for the essays but I guess writing down my feelings helps somewhat and having people talk to me about it. It means alot to me, so thank you all.

Brad
25-05-2016, 03:25 PM
I've known her for 11 months, it'll be a year in june took around 4 months to get to know eachother well and then dated her for 8 months. I know what mistakes I made with just mental problems which caused us arguments which I've said I'd get help with. This is going to sound really dumb but I only have a few friends and they arn't really talking to me because ever since I met this girl I pretty much ignored them from being so loved up and in our own little world, I messaged a friend earlier and he hasn't even bothered replying to me so it's just hard.

Sorry for the essays but I guess writing down my feelings helps somewhat and having people talk to me about it. It means alot to me, so thank you all.

I've been in your shoes before... Where I've pushed people out of my life to focus on the individual I had really hard feelings for. It sucks, and sometimes the best thing to do is just humble yourself to the friends that you had, admit that you were in the wrong and I hope that those friends will see that you are in need of their presence in your life.
It's never easy to deal with it on your own...
As hard as this may sound too; Talking to your parents might help. Yes, I know... it's your parents, why tell them about your personal life, etc. But in all honesty, They had great advice and they can most likely tell you stories from their life that you can relate to. I know the first time I talked to my mother about my relationship problems and she was the only one that could honestly tell me things that I needed to hear. Yes, she loved me unconditionally, and she hated to see me hurt.

I don't know what your case is with your parents, but if you have a good relationship with them, I'd suggest that. (I know, it sounds crazy... but trust what they have to say)

RyRy
26-05-2016, 02:26 PM
thrown a hurl of abuse, got my mates on her, spread rumours

you dont wanna know how the others went! lmao i was a proper manchild back then im so much more mature since all that (he says posting on hxf)

Matt
01-06-2016, 01:54 AM
Never had a relationship so not had to deal with a breakup :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!