PDA

View Full Version : Gameboy Advance SP Games

Sixtiess
23-05-2016, 07:22 AM
So I've just bought a gameboy advance SP for nostalgia.
I like the fact i can play gameboy, colour and advance games on it.

My question is what games should i now get as i didnt really play it that much when i was younger.

Defiantly getting:

The pokemons (which ones would you guys recommended, colour or advance and which colours? Red is a deffo)

Pokemon Pinball

Tony Hawks and Dave Mirra

Sims Bustin Out/2

102 Dalmatians/Monsters Inc/Jungle Book

Beetlejuice/Terminator

Original Tetris

Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

- Sixtiess [emoji5]

Sent from my HUAWEI CRR-L09 using Tapatalk

LUCPIX
23-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Please, play THE URBZ, SIMS IN THE CITY! It's not exactly the sequel of Bustin' Out but if you play BO before URBZ you may feel that you're playing an outdated game, more or less as if you play GTA San Andreas before GTA III!
You'll see a huge improvement in the "chat" system. Instead of pre-made, robotic words, now you must to choose icons (representing a diff' subject) which provokes a different reaction to people (trust me: it's a nightmare to be friends with LOTTIE CASH, the annoying yellow-haired millionaire). Although, it's fun, don't matter what: Even if you fight with someone, you'll laugh of this! ;)
There's not a huge improvement in the graphics, the soundtrack still is a remix of the original The Sims 1 soundtrack (not a bad thing tho!) but frankly, you'll get pretty satisfied. Have fun!

WARIOWARE INC is an amazing game:
It has a magical chip which allow us to spin our GBA and provoke a reaction in the hardware... ahem, the well-know Movement Sensor.
You'll wrinkle your nose when you first see it, because it looks so sicko and no-sense... but when you get accustomed of the sudden minigames (they last 5 seconds or less and they are continuous) you'll find out how creative and fun this game is.
In a second you'll have to spin your GBA to help a little guy to balance the umbrella on his finger.
Two seconds later, tada, the Pizza is falling............... spin you GBA to make it land in the plate
Two seconds later... Move the iron to straight on the t-shirt
etc
etc
etc

Please watch the gameplay, you'll understand it better. And you'll love it, really
Have fun!

Plebings
23-05-2016, 05:52 PM
my fav gameboy advance game was final fantasy tactics advance, great for a first time tactical game and sunk in like 200 hours. fab.

Sixtiess
23-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Please, play THE URBZ, SIMS IN THE CITY! It's not exactly the sequel of Bustin' Out but if you play BO before URBZ you may feel that you're playing an outdated game, more or less as if you play GTA San Andreas before GTA III!
You'll see a huge improvement in the "chat" system. Instead of pre-made, robotic words, now you must to choose icons (representing a diff' subject) which provokes a different reaction to people (trust me: it's a nightmare to be friends with LOTTIE CASH, the annoying yellow-haired millionaire). Although, it's fun, don't matter what: Even if you fight with someone, you'll laugh of this! ;)
There's not a huge improvement in the graphics, the soundtrack still is a remix of the original The Sims 1 soundtrack (not a bad thing tho!) but frankly, you'll get pretty satisfied. Have fun!

WARIOWARE INC is an amazing game:
It has a magical chip which allow us to spin our GBA and provoke a reaction in the hardware... ahem, the well-know Movement Sensor.
You'll wrinkle your nose when you first see it, because it looks so sicko and no-sense... but when you get accustomed of the sudden minigames (they last 5 seconds or less and they are continuous) you'll find out how creative and fun this game is.
In a second you'll have to spin your GBA to help a little guy to balance the umbrella on his finger.
Two seconds later, tada, the Pizza is falling............... spin you GBA to make it land in the plate
Two seconds later... Move the iron to straight on the t-shirt
etc
etc
etc

Please watch the gameplay, you'll understand it better. And you'll love it, really
Have fun!
Thanks for a great reply!
I remember having the urbz on PS2 but didn't know you could get it on GM.

Also the other game sounds like something I'd enjoy.

Both added to the list, thanks! [emoji5]

Sixtiess
23-05-2016, 07:21 PM
my fav gameboy advance game was final fantasy tactics advance, great for a first time tactical game and sunk in like 200 hours. fab.
Never actually played any final fantasy games! Il give it a go ☺

LUCPIX
23-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Thanks for a great reply!
I remember having the urbz on PS2 but didn't know you could get it on GM.

Also the other game sounds like something I'd enjoy.

Both added to the list, thanks! [emoji5]

you're welcome my friend
they say the GBA version of URBZ is 2x better than the PS2 version. the same about Bustin' Out

Sixtiess
23-05-2016, 07:50 PM
you're welcome my friend
they say the GBA version of URBZ is 2x better than the PS2 version. the same about Bustin' Out
I think the only Sims game ive played on gameboy before was Sims 2 on the DS, and i loved that so i have high hopes! [emoji16]

LUCPIX
23-05-2016, 08:54 PM
I think the only Sims game ive played on gameboy before was Sims 2 on the DS, and i loved that so i have high hopes! [emoji16]

There's a GBA version for The Sims 2 and TS2: Pets too!
The plot is interesting: You are a sitcom actor unpretentiously walking in a city as a new neighbor
...but everything is being secretly filmed and all the things you do in this city becomes a different episode of a sitcom.

Don't play Pets. It's not fun

Sixtiess
23-05-2016, 09:01 PM
There's a GBA version for The Sims 2 and TS2: Pets too!
The plot is interesting: You are a sitcom actor unpretentiously walking in a city as a new neighbor
...but everything is being secretly filmed and all the things you do in this city becomes a different episode of a sitcom.

Don't play Pets. It's not fun
Pets has never been my thing.

That plot sounds amazing. Sounds like the Truman Show.

Samantha
30-05-2016, 01:13 PM
I would suggest Rayman 3 for Game Boy Advance, it's great when you know how to play it! Also the Simpsons Hit and Run was like my all time favourite game, you're making me want to find my Game Boy Advance and game and play it now lmao.

Sixtiess
01-06-2016, 10:37 AM
You can get Simpsons hit and run on gameboy???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lucy
02-06-2016, 02:25 PM
You can get Simpsons hit and run on gameboy???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You could get Simpsons Road Rage, but don't think Hit & Run came out on Gameboy.

Brad
02-06-2016, 08:18 PM
When I owned an SP, I only played pokemon lol

Sixtiess
03-06-2016, 08:14 PM
You could get Simpsons Road Rage, but don't think Hit & Run came out on Gameboy.

I got so excited then :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!