PDA

View Full Version : Job Interview Advice.

Chloe7355
25-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Hello,

So recently, I applied for a job not reading the whole requirements (stupid move really...)and I have been offered an interview tomorrow but however, the job consists of Nightshifts and I am only 16 (17 next week.) And I am kind of panicking and contemplating whether to go or not.

Any advice would be very much appreciated,

Thank you in advance.

Chloe.

Cerys
25-05-2016, 02:47 PM
Personally I'd go because it's doubtful they'd have offered you an interview if they didn't think you could fulfil the role, so maybe they've got another role in mind that doesn't involve night shifts?
Though obviously they might have only skim read your application, so they don't even realise you can't do the role.

Either way I think I'd go as it's still a very good experience to gain, the more interviews you do the more comfortable with them you'll get.

If you do choose not to go thogh definitely tell them you're not coming, especially if it's a company you'd apply to again in future, because if you just don't show up they might blacklist your name for time wasting :)

!:random!:!
25-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Go if they read your application they will already know your underage as your not allowed by law to do nightshifts till your 18. However if not ask if they will do flexible hours to fit around you :)

Chloe7355
25-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Personally I'd go because it's doubtful they'd have offered you an interview if they didn't think you could fulfil the role, so maybe they've got another role in mind that doesn't involve night shifts?
Though obviously they might have only skim read your application, so they don't even realise you can't do the role.

Either way I think I'd go as it's still a very good experience to gain, the more interviews you do the more comfortable with them you'll get.

If you do choose not to go thogh definitely tell them you're not coming, especially if it's a company you'd apply to again in future, because if you just don't show up they might blacklist your name for time wasting :)

Thank you, yeah they should already know they I am unable to do overnight shifts because I've been a volunteer at the place for about a year now. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Go if they read your application they will already know your underage as your not allowed by law to do nightshifts till your 18. However if not ask if they will do flexible hours to fit around you :)

Thank you, I will do! :)

Zak
25-05-2016, 05:21 PM
You can always turn the job down if you decide you do not want it. I recently turned down an interview after realising it just wasn't for me.

scottish
25-05-2016, 06:24 PM
You can always turn the job down if you decide you do not want it. I recently turned down an interview after realising it just wasn't for me.

I think it's more the fact that she can't legally work night shifts.

Either email/call them and clarify it (just say you've been made aware of laws regarding teenagers working night shifts and are they aware of your age or something) or go to the interview and hope for the best.

Brad
25-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Good luck on your interview if you decide on going in to do so. I know at my work those who are minors do not work past a certain time at night. (Usually 9pm) There's a handful of them that we have, but as long as you state it, they may be able to accommodate you. Like others have said, they would not have offered you an interview if they didn't think you were capable.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!