PDA

View Full Version : Future Careers - Ends 10th June

!:random!:!
01-06-2016, 03:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XXUMxiD.png
On my search for a job this week, I came across a few jobs I didn't actually know existed. As some of you may know, I aspire to be a SEN teacher to children 0-8 years old. I've been thinking a lot lately about how we decide what we want to be. I think I chose this career because of a little boy who was 3 years younger than me in primary school, he had down syndrome and instead of me playing with people my age, I spent my break times with this little boy.

For this competition, I'd like to know what you aspire to be and how you decided on that career path.

Prize: 10 Credits, 2 Raffle Tickets & 15 Rep

M4ttTf
03-06-2016, 11:24 AM
Either something into ICT/Technology or Science. By science, I mean healthcare science. I have my eye on four main Laboratory pathology positions;
Biomedical Scientist,
Paediatric Psychologist OR
Medical Microbiologist/Virologist (The study of infection)
Histopathology (The study of disease in human tissue)
Immunology (The study of the immune system)

Reasons I came to these career paths were that they were in similar paths, in terms of achievement, degree's etc. I've also really enjoyed science - specifically Chemistry and Biology - so why not! Also, I tend to get some social anxiety whenever I am around a crowded area or with people I don't necessarily know - Obviously I can't avoid the second point - but usually in Path Labs it is quite quiet and I can easily sit in my own company and concentrate on what the task at hand is! Immunology and Medical Microvirologist interest me most due to the fact studying the Immune System and the spread of disease and infection has always been something I've liked studying and going into depth with.. so might aswell link a future career to whatever I enjoy doing, right?

Brad
03-06-2016, 01:27 PM
I am currently working my career atm. I am a Kitchen Designer. I wanted to be one actually only within the last six years. I used to install cabinetry but was given the opportunity to design and I've been in and out of the trade ever since.

Sixtiess
03-06-2016, 08:22 PM
I'm already in my chosen career paths!

Combat Medic in the British Army, and a Goalkeeping football coach for a professional football team :-)

Getting into the Army wasn't that hard but the training was pretty draining!
As for my football coaching i fell pretty lucky!
I was teaching in primary schools but due to contacts i made whilst at university i landed on my feet with a job at a professional club, something that would normally take years to get into!

My biggest career tip would be to make contacts: You never know who knows who :-)

Matt
06-06-2016, 11:38 AM
wanting to be a cop

from watching the bill >.>

_HeyyItsHannah_
06-06-2016, 02:24 PM
Career: Internal medicine doctor at hospitals (hospitalist)

I decided on this because all my life i've been in and out of hospitals, and i've just been so interested in medicine. I would spend my classes at school researching, looking up things, learning new things about medicine instead of listening to the teacher's lectures haha. I would love to work in a hospital because that's where all the action is yo! Too many guys with bowling pins stuck up their *** not to work in a hospital.

I've loved medicine for all of my life and have been around it so much it's like a second nature to me. I want to be able to help people and save lives. Make a difference in people's or at least someone's life. Not that surgery crap though, ew. Bodily insides.

Of course the pay is wonderful too ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!