PDA

View Full Version : Best Advice

scottish
05-06-2016, 09:10 PM
What's the best advice you've been given in your life?

Whether it's in your job, at school, etc.

Empired
05-06-2016, 09:50 PM
No one else is looking at you because they're all too busy thinking about themselves so just stop wasting your life not doing things you want because you're worried about what other people are thinking.

_HeyyItsHannah_
05-06-2016, 11:55 PM
I've gotten a lot of good advice, but there's one in particular that stands out..

I was at my fathers funeral and one of his best friends came up to me, looked me in the eyes, took my hand, and told me "You aren't ever going to know why these types of things happen. Don't get hung up on it. You never will. It'll hurt, there will be a piece of your heart missing forever, but the pain won't be as bad forever. I'll hand it to you straight, it will always hurt, but it will get better. Things will pass, and less stuff will trigger the memories. Life is a game of barriers. Some barriers you just can't get through, and you don't know why."

There was also a time at school when I was going through different things and my teacher pulled me over and told me, "You've faced a lot of problems this year, and i'm proud of you for doing so well in school. I know that it's been hard, but these obstacles, these difficulties, they will shape you as a person. The things you once falled for and got hurt over, you won't fall for them again. They shape you to become better aware of your surroundings so you don't fall for the silly stuff. So you know the warning signs. You have a bright future ahead of you. You have to stick around to find what a future that is so bright for you, will give you. These obstacles, will allow you to inspire people. Share your story. Be the person that you have always wanted to be. You'll be able walk through your future, if you just take it one step, one breath at a time."

I have a few more, but. Kinda long.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!