PDA

View Full Version : EMERALD RING DRAMA

lawrawrrr
07-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Ok so for those of you who don't know, here's the story

On Saturday afternoon it was discovered that by a glitch, Emerald rings, which are usually in the diamond reward section of the catalogue for 100 diamonds, they were there for 1000 duckets.

Naturally lots of people bought one (or multiple)- this problem was across all the hotels.

Since then, everyone who bought them on .de has been tradelocked.

On the .com hotel, this morning they removed items from people's accounts who bought one. But they've removed weird amounts... Some people are in negative numbers of credits and diamonds, I've had 300c + 300 diamonds removed when I only bought one..

Habbo are going to restore the duckets (they said on Twitter) of people who bought them but they won't get back the credits.

There is OUTRAGE because some people have had thousands of credits removed even after only buying one!

My theory is that they've not been able to distinguish between recent and historic purchases - I've bought 3 diamond rings in the past so that WOULD add up to 300c.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt
07-06-2016, 10:36 AM
habbo is so shit

Are there new staff there as of late? What are all these new ideas being implemented? They kinda suck and are all about Habbo making more money.

David
07-06-2016, 10:39 AM
is habbox now bankrupt

xxMATTGxx
07-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Kinda crap how they managed to sort the issue out. I understand about them revoking the ring purchases and so on but to decide to do more than in the first place seems ridiculous.

Although looking at twitter, it seems they are restoring the lost credits and whatever else is missing.

Matt
07-06-2016, 10:45 AM
bring back paulwalla

Brad
07-06-2016, 10:45 AM
With the way it sounds it makes habbo look like a scam company. There must have been a trigger for the glitch. If we are talking conspiracy theories. Isn't a glitch usually started on the platform itself... someone must have been doing something they weren't supposed to.

lawrawrrr
07-06-2016, 10:58 AM
Update: they're adding credits and diamonds back to people's accounts, it was probably just a technical glitch for people who have bought emerald rings in the past

No we're not bankrupt DW ur hxss prizes are safe xxx

Samantha
07-06-2016, 10:58 AM
For some reason, I have -184 Credits (even though I only bought one ring from the Duckets, I've never had 1000 Diamonds before so that's the only one I bought) and my Diamonds have stayed the same.

Oh another glitch :rolleyes: :P.

Brad
07-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Omg what if they were heartless and made people pay back habbo for the negative balance in their accounts .. lol. Glad it's all being sorted.

marine
07-06-2016, 11:06 AM
In my opinion if you bought any you deserve to face the consequences, weither that's tradelock, loss of credits/diamonds.

Samantha
07-06-2016, 11:07 AM
I have 52c waiting in the Market Place I'm not redeeming until it's sorted. They said they're restoring the balances to zero, they better not do as I'm sure I had a few Credits before they removed them.

marine; so for something that's their fault we deserve to be punished? Someone could have easily bought one, not knowing it was a glitch, thinking they were paying with Diamonds so they should be punished too?

marine
07-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Well let's be honest, the majority of people who did buy them knew full well that you don't normally get such items with duckets so straight away you're stepping over the line and abusing a bug, and if nothing happened about this whole situation and people ended up being able to keep them with no punishment they wouldn't of minded. It just seems because there's speculation and talk from .de hotel that people are trying to justify it.

tl;dr Just because someone else makes a fault, it doesn't mean you can abuse the bug.

edit: Unless i'm reading it completely wrong and it was showing diamonds but taking duckets, then you wouldn't of know any different but if it said the currency was duckets then that's down to you abusing it.

Samantha
07-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Well let's be honest, the majority of people who did buy them knew full well that you don't normally get such items with duckets so straight away you're stepping over the line and abusing a bug, and if nothing happened about this whole situation and people ended up being able to keep them with no punishment they wouldn't of minded. It just seems because there's speculation and talk from .de hotel that people are trying to justify it.

tl;dr Just because someone else makes a fault, it doesn't mean you can abuse the bug.

Then they should have done what they did when they gave out loads of free Poster_0_Name's from a button on the bot, or when ThisHabbo gave out loads of Silver Trophies - not take more than they actually need to take which seems to be the case for a lot of people.

Absently
07-06-2016, 11:26 AM
:O I haven't been on habbo yet to see what they took from me!

lawrawrrr
07-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Most is being restored, with people being 100c down (the value of the ring), which is fair.

I think anyone who abused on multiple accounts/bought loads and traded should suffer worse consequences but people who just took advantage of a glitch... it seems like Habbo's problem not ours. It wouldn't be fair to expect to keep all the credits plus the ring though yeah.

They've not had a good weekend with Charlie and now this haha

marine
07-06-2016, 11:38 AM
Most is being restored, with people being 100c down (the value of the ring), which is fair.

I think anyone who abused on multiple accounts/bought loads and traded should suffer worse consequences but people who just took advantage of a glitch... it seems like Habbo's problem not ours. It wouldn't be fair to expect to keep all the credits plus the ring though yeah.

They've not had a good weekend with Charlie and now this haha

What happened with the charlie LTD?

lawrawrrr
07-06-2016, 11:39 AM
What happened with the charlie LTD?

When it went on sale there was only 1 available to buy on each hotel, they added more after about an hour!

Absently
07-06-2016, 12:08 PM
they've taken the credits i had exchanged, which was about 40c but that's all i can see!

scottish
07-06-2016, 12:33 PM
I skimmed the thread but I agree with marine from what I seen, in other games if there's a bug and I was to abuse it the chances are I would be banned/reset (first one to come to mind is GTA5 when there was car glitches etc, it's not our fault but if you were in the minority that got caught then you'd have your moneys/stats reset).

At the end of the day it falls under bug/glitch abuse and saying "well I didn't know it was a glitch I just used the method to gain thousands of free credits" doesn't justify the fact the people who done it knew that it was a bug/glitch and abused it to their favour.

but as it appears they're giving the creds back it doesn't really matter

lawrawrrr
07-06-2016, 01:08 PM
There's a difference between people who just got one though and the people who massively cheated the system by buying loads on different accounts and trading/exchanging them all straight away though surely?

Brad
07-06-2016, 01:32 PM
There's a difference between people who just got one though and the people who massively cheated the system by buying loads on different accounts and trading/exchanging them all straight away though surely?

I guess all the staff think everyone should be penalized the same... kind of absurd though.

lawrawrrr
07-06-2016, 01:37 PM
I guess all the staff think everyone should be penalized the same... kind of absurd though.

I think the truth is more like they can't track things like that in so much detail.

The thing is cos not everyone has diamonds it must be hard to reduce some accounts - but why they've triple charged some people is completely beyond me

Some guy on Twitter apparently lost 2500c....

Brad
07-06-2016, 01:43 PM
I think the truth is more like they can't track things like that in so much detail.

The thing is cos not everyone has diamonds it must be hard to reduce some accounts - but why they've triple charged some people is completely beyond me

Some guy on Twitter apparently lost 2500c....

I don't see how it would be challenging to decipher things that were purchased a week ago vs. today... or whenever the glitch had started...

I guess it would be based upon the kind of platform they use to code all the furni and the way it flags their system every time something is purchased. Maybe I just can't comprehend their way in their system... Would they not have a transaction history that records all things purchased in the store... Am I just over thinking or?

That's a crazy amount to lose!

lawrawrrr
07-06-2016, 01:50 PM
I don't see how it would be challenging to decipher things that were purchased a week ago vs. today... or whenever the glitch had started...

I guess it would be based upon the kind of platform they use to code all the furni and the way it flags their system every time something is purchased. Maybe I just can't comprehend their way in their system... Would they not have a transaction history that records all things purchased in the store... Am I just over thinking or?

That's a crazy amount to lose!

They MUST have a transaction log, and I'm sure I've seen before someone say they can track how a single piece of furni has been traded between players as well, it'd be a big job but yeah...

Brad
07-06-2016, 01:52 PM
They MUST have a transaction log, and I'm sure I've seen before someone say they can track how a single piece of furni has been traded between players as well, it'd be a big job but yeah...

Yeah. It's crazy the riot that's going down on twitter.
This is something I laughed at IRL:
http://www.habbox.com/staffupload/../assets/images//2016/06/07/9fe2038f190f0715c341f5d84a417d7b.png

Some people are hilarious.

FlyingJesus
07-06-2016, 02:58 PM
There are detailed transaction logs for all accounts, that's how they can track purchases in order to do the HC monthly rewards thing. The problem with handing out punishments is that while some people might have kept the rings or credits, others will have redeemed and immediately spent them then transferred it to their other accounts and will then come out thousands and thousands ahead on their main user with the very minor inconvenience of having clone accounts that have minus amounts of credits.

I say ban everyone and let me be the only person in the entire hotel with a legit emerald ring

Brad
07-06-2016, 03:18 PM
There are detailed transaction logs for all accounts, that's how they can track purchases in order to do the HC monthly rewards thing. The problem with handing out punishments is that while some people might have kept the rings or credits, others will have redeemed and immediately spent them then transferred it to their other accounts and will then come out thousands and thousands ahead on their main user with the very minor inconvenience of having clone accounts that have minus amounts of credits.

I say ban everyone and let me be the only person in the entire hotel with a legit emerald ring

hmm, but Laura just said that they might have logs of trading for furni as well so they're able to track where and when an emerald ring was traded...

Can't they trace those who have been traded to & from clones and then deal with those individuals separately.
Obviously it's not just a snap of a fingers but instead of just marking everyone as guilty and causing havoc should they not have investigated and then taken action?

lawrawrrr
07-06-2016, 03:23 PM
hmm, but Laura just said that they might have logs of trading for furni as well so they're able to track where and when an emerald ring was traded...

Can't they trace those who have been traded to & from clones and then deal with those individuals separately.
Obviously it's not just a snap of a fingers but instead of just marking everyone as guilty and causing havoc should they not have investigated and then taken action?

I don't know whether they can definitely track but it will be hundreds and hundreds of accounts, a huge undertaking really - so it's easier to do the easy way!

Brad
07-06-2016, 03:29 PM
I don't know whether they can definitely track but it will be hundreds and hundreds of accounts, a huge undertaking really - so it's easier to do the easy way!

Yeah, I re-read what you wrote.. lol
Well, I am still looking around twitter and such to see the disruption and such on there. :P

Hopefully this will be resolved or there might be a riot...

lawrawrrr
07-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I re-read what you wrote.. lol
Well, I am still looking around twitter and such to see the disruption and such on there. :P

Hopefully this will be resolved or there might be a riot...

Same! I am liking reading Twitter.

I do find all the people saying that they should get ALL their credits refunded are a bit silly IMO, they have a 100c piece of furni that they can't really expect to get for free because a company had a glitch...

Brad
07-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Same! I am liking reading Twitter.

I do find all the people saying that they should get ALL their credits refunded are a bit silly IMO, they have a 100c piece of furni that they can't really expect to get for free because a company had a glitch...

Yeah. There's a fair bit of action going on.
Some people are still in the negatives. Hopefully with more investigating I can see why they are... noting most of this was fixed about four hours ago.

lawrawrrr
07-06-2016, 03:39 PM
Yeah. There's a fair bit of action going on.
Some people are still in the negatives. Hopefully with more investigating I can see why they are... noting most of this was fixed about four hours ago.

Habbo did say on Twitter a while back it might take a few days for negative credits to be reset earlier...

https://twitter.com/habbo/status/740119219086471168

Brad
07-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Habbo did say on Twitter a while back it might take a few days for negative credits to be reset earlier...

https://twitter.com/habbo/status/740119219086471168

ah yes. That's true. haha!

What excitement this morning/afternoon in the habbo world. Haha :)

Wonder what next.

Absently
07-06-2016, 05:02 PM
I'm not sure whether to exchange more credits incase any of it gets taken

Brad
07-06-2016, 05:04 PM

I think you might be okay now. Unless you were caught up in it. If you bought one or not.

FlyingJesus
07-06-2016, 05:46 PM

Should be fine they know by now which accounts they're looking into and aren't gonna just punish everyone using the exchange

Absently
07-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Should be fine they know by now which accounts they're looking into and aren't gonna just punish everyone using the exchange

yeah i bought one of them, but all they took was like 40 something from me and not 100c!

FlyingJesus
07-06-2016, 06:22 PM
YOU DESERVE HELL YOU THIEF

Samantha
07-06-2016, 07:32 PM
I'm a bit late to this, but on Habbo (or ex.Habbo at least) there was a transaction log you could view yourself to see how much you spent in the Catalogue, Market Place etc. It didn't tell you what you bought, but surely if we could look at that then they could decipher what Emerald Rings were purchased and exchanged.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Lucy
08-06-2016, 01:15 PM
Hopefully everyone gets any lost credits back and they just dont reset everyone affected to zero, if they did that could be some mega conspiracy to get everyone to buy credits. Next thing to go after that would be the Credit Furni, I can see them removing that as I have always said I bet they regret adding it as it means people aren't really spending credits.

Brad
08-06-2016, 10:20 PM
Hopefully everyone gets any lost credits back and they just dont reset everyone affected to zero, if they did that could be some mega conspiracy to get everyone to buy credits. Next thing to go after that would be the Credit Furni, I can see them removing that as I have always said I bet they regret adding it as it means people aren't really spending credits.

As far as we know (via Twitter) they are giving back the credits to those effected. Also they will be dealing with those who had abused it as well.

Samantha
09-06-2016, 12:34 PM
They've reset my balance to zero, I only had a few Credits in my purse so it isn't that bad, but I dread to think if they've reset those with over 1k in their purse.

Brad
09-06-2016, 12:38 PM
They've reset my balance to zero, I only had a few Credits in my purse so it isn't that bad, but I dread to think if they've reset those with over 1k in their purse.

Even if you only had a few I still think you should be able to get those back as well.
Hopefully those who had like 500+ were able to be justified.
I think this is going to cause an impact on Habbo's reputation... but I guess we will see.

lawrawrrr
09-06-2016, 03:13 PM

You just made me so paranoid they were gonna do that to me omg small panic attack

xxkyl30wnzxx
11-06-2016, 01:21 AM
I think at the end of the day the biggest problem with this is that people were scammed. How will the people who thought they were getting a good deal on an emerald ring be refunded? These are the people who are innocent and deserve their credits and furniture back. People who went on to the diamonds section of the catalogue and knowingly made a purchase with duckets not diamond deserve nothing more than a ban.

FlyingJesus
11-06-2016, 06:47 AM
Is that not what literally everyone who bought them did

Brad
11-06-2016, 04:48 PM
I think at the end of the day the biggest problem with this is that people were scammed. How will the people who thought they were getting a good deal on an emerald ring be refunded? These are the people who are innocent and deserve their credits and furniture back. People who went on to the diamonds section of the catalogue and knowingly made a purchase with duckets not diamond deserve nothing more than a ban.

Duckets are earned so really they haven't loss anything yet...
And your question about refunding is not likely going to happen. I think there's no innocent person in this whole thing. As soon as the first person realized the glitch, everyone after that is as guilty as the first regardless of how many they bought.
Typically if it's a glitch the user must be weary of everything about it. It's just like when you could glitch your room and put posters in places you couldnt, yeah people did that knowingly but there was consequences with it.
So in this I think what had happened needed to happen and habbo will get it sorted, and dealt with.

Samantha
12-06-2016, 07:41 AM
To be honest no one has been scammed unless you've lost Credits due to it. Originally I didn't know it was a glitch, I just got told Emerald Rings were 1000 Duckets and then I realised it was a glitch. I believe they've sorted it all out now and they've figured out the transactions made using them, I could be wrong, but I think they've only taken the Credits made when purchasing it via Duckets and not Credits from the Market Place or trading it. If I knew how many Credits I had in my purse before it would have been easier to see if I had any taken lmao.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!