PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever called 999/911?

Gina
08-06-2016, 11:26 AM
if so why?
so like 5 years ago it was my dads birthday so we had family over
my dad however was being quite rude n moody and no1 knew why so he refused to get out of his bed
an hour later my dads carer went to check up on him n he was asleep but he wasnt waking up so every1 panicked
me n my sister had to phone the ambulance n they came
gr8 birthday obviously

thats the only time though i think

there was one time when my mum went to work and left me and my sister with my dad (must've been about 4/5)
my dad had really reaaaallly low blood sugar (hes diabetic) whilst he was in the shower and started going really really weird
then he started fitting and me and charlotte were like ahhhhhhh so phoned my mum and my mum came home and ambulance came
but obviously my mum phoned them instead of us but mental

Brad
08-06-2016, 11:36 AM
I have yet to call 999/911 for a legitimate reason. I remember in school we had to practice during our CPR course. But it was a test, and the woman on the other end knew as we had to state it at the very beginning

David
08-06-2016, 11:39 AM
only when i was young and my brother told me to do it
but not in a serious situation

dbgtz
08-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Yes but I was like 4 oopsies :)

Nick
08-06-2016, 12:35 PM
i've never done it before

scottish
08-06-2016, 12:35 PM
yes when I hit a junkie

!:random!:!
08-06-2016, 01:24 PM
yeah once when I was younger and I ended up getting my mum a caution for it xD I was 2/3 so yano... however this year we rang the non emergency police number to report an assault ended up with police in my living room questioning me for like 30mins was well scary!

Mikey
08-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Phoned an ambulance when I was in the checkout shopping and this guy had a seizure. Was quite scary at the time so was on the phone for a while and then I said to the checkout supervisor to take the phone while I waited outside for the ambulance to tell them where he was.

Gina
08-06-2016, 01:51 PM
oh wait i also called ambulance wiht my boyfriend at a party because some guy mixed drugs n alco and didnt go well at alllllllllll so spent the night looking after him lmao

RuthOnToast
08-06-2016, 02:28 PM
used to call 999 loads of times when i was younger mainly down to the violence but need to go into that. i did once call the police when i was about 4 by accident and was just happily talking to them
and the one time my mum stood on a glass candle holder and sliced a massive chuck of skin of the bottom of her foot

Alysha
08-06-2016, 02:33 PM
A couple of times, I rang when my mother fell down the stairs, I also rang when my brother fell off a swing and cracked his head open on a rock, also when my brother got run over x2 and when a woman in work was bleeding throughout the shop because she'd cut her leg open without realising. I also called today because of shoplifters, fun times.

lemons
08-06-2016, 03:09 PM
no I get anxious on the phone ordering a takeaway or taxi so I can't imagine what I'd be like speaking to emergency services

Cerys
08-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Yeah my brother and his gf got mugged in Leeds a few months ago and instead of him phoning for an ambulance/police he messaged us ????? So I phoned 999 while my mum drove to them

Was really nasty but quite exciting as we got to talk to the police. Luckily they weren't seriously hurt but it was bad enough for them to go to hospital all night !!

Don't think the people ever got caught in the end

Alysha
08-06-2016, 03:18 PM
no I get anxious on the phone ordering a takeaway or taxi so I can't imagine what I'd be like speaking to emergency services
I've never called for a taxi or a takeaway for those reasons, but somehow, it's a bit easier if it's an emergency imo. That being said, there are times when I think a takeaway is an emergency and that is why I praise the lord for just eat.

oh I also called when my dad stopped breathing, that one made me really anxious, because he was turning bluer by the second

scottish
08-06-2016, 04:46 PM
Yeah my brother and his gf got mugged in Leeds a few months ago and instead of him phoning for an ambulance/police he messaged us ????? So I phoned 999 while my mum drove to them

Was really nasty but quite exciting as we got to talk to the police. Luckily they weren't seriously hurt but it was bad enough for them to go to hospital all night !!

Don't think the people ever got caught in the end

how did i not know of this lmao

Chris
08-06-2016, 06:14 PM
Nope and I hope I never have to.

Oddy
08-06-2016, 06:22 PM
Last time i called 911 a guy went missing in the forest. I was out hiking with some friends and we heard somone shouting despratly for help. A search where started with 2 helicopters 2-3 police cars and ambulances and a shit ton of red cross searching team. They never found the guy.

Empired
08-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Yeah a few times calling ambulances always for dad when he'd fallen or was choking or something.

Never very exciting.

Cerys
08-06-2016, 07:48 PM
how did i not know of this lmao

i stg if you bring this up with him I'll kick off hahaha it wasn't a nice time for him so pls be nice

RyRy
08-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Yeah, had to call when I witnessed three boy racers bomb it past me. Further up the road I see them make a turn, then suddenly a taxi appears out of nowhere and one of them gets absolutely sideswiped. Straight away onto 999 :^)

The lads were so lucky, none of them were even slightly hurt, proper amazed.

_HeyyItsHannah_
09-06-2016, 02:36 AM
Holy crap yeah all the time :/ I have heart issues and my heart will skyrocket to like 200's and shite and i'll pass out. The paramedics know me by name :/ So does the ER :/

Matt
09-06-2016, 04:25 AM
I've never called the police. Here it's 000 and the police are so bad they only come if it's something where people are literally dying.

I've called Security at work for a number of reasons though, but that's not really the same.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!