PDA

View Full Version : Florida nightclub shooting

Lucy
12-06-2016, 09:22 AM
Florida nightclub shooting: injuries reported at Pulse, Orlando

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/news/2016/06/12/100446372_OrlandoPolice-xlarge_trans++EDjTm7JpzhSGR1_8ApEWQA1vLvhkMtVb21dM mpQBfEs.jpg

• Local media report up to 20 injured in Florida nightclub shooting
• Pulse nightclub told customers on Facebook to "get out of Pulse and keep running."
• Reports of gunman holding hostages

People on Pulse's Facebook page are reporting that the shooter opened fire around 2am local time.

One user, Ricardo Almodovar, wrote: "I was there. Shooter opened fire @ around 2:00am. People on the dance floor and bar got down on the floor and some of us who were near the bar and back exit managed to go out through the outdoor area and just ran. I am safely home and hoping everyone gets home safely as well :(

Another user, Jordan Hubler, wrote: "There was a shooter with an assault rifle who shot up the people in the club sometime around 2am. The club is reported to have been at full capacity. The shooter has himself barricaded inside Pulse with multiple hostages.

Article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/12/florida-gay-nightclub-shooting-injuries-reported-at-pulse-orland/

Chris
12-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Just seen this in the news, it's terrible. Hopefully there are no deaths from it.

Empired
12-06-2016, 11:09 AM
God the US gun violence statistics in that article you posted are disgusting.

I hope for the best but it'd be a miracle if everyone makes it out alive :( If it happened 2am there, is that like 4/5 hours ago?

GoldenMerc
12-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Going to assume it's because it's in a gay nightclub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris
12-06-2016, 11:52 AM
BBC news reporting at least 20 dead and 42 injured. :( What a sad world we live in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/36510272

buttons
12-06-2016, 12:42 PM
BBC news reporting at least 20 dead and 42 injured. :( What a sad world we live in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/36510272
shit really? earlier reports just saying around 20 injured, so wasn't actually expecting much death if any! :( RIP

Brad
12-06-2016, 12:42 PM
I just scrolled passed this on Facebook. Scary that this can literally happen at anytime any where. Sending positive juju to the families of those who died.

Plebings
12-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Going to assume it's because it's in a gay nightclub

does sound likely to be a lgbt hatecrime. kenya michaels from drag race was performing there last night, but she has been reported safe. still, awful, awful news...

Lucy
12-06-2016, 01:07 PM
does sound likely to be a lgbt hatecrime. kenya michaels from drag race was performing there last night, but she has been reported safe. still, awful, awful news...

It's horrible to read, the FBI and local police are classifying it as an act of terrorism, whether that be islamic, homophobic or something else according to the Telegraph article.

- Around 20 people have been killed in a mass shooting in Orlando
- Gunman opened fire at Pulse gay nightclub around 2am
- Police classing it as "act of terrorism" - unclear if homophobic, Islamist or unrelated
- Gunman held 30 people hostage for three hours
- Police stormed the building and the gunman died
- Orlando police to update at 9:30am (2:30pm in UK)

buttons
12-06-2016, 02:38 PM
50 dead now according to reports and gunman identified http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/12/florida-gay-nightclub-shooting-injuries-reported-at-pulse-orland/?WT.mc_id=tmgoff_soc_spf_fb-sf28516004 wow!

Chris
12-06-2016, 02:44 PM
Cant believe how much the number has risen. Just shocking.

lemons
12-06-2016, 02:53 PM
How sad

wixard
12-06-2016, 02:57 PM
How sad

Very sad, and I'm a bit concerned it's not getting as much attention as it should be.

Just realised my post sounds a bit insinuating, I'm not implying that it's because it's an LGBT nightclub or anything like that, my only reasoning would be that perhaps it's because we were all watching live during the paris attacks etc or that big shootings in America happen at schools or colleges that maybe resonate more with people?

Inseriousity.
12-06-2016, 03:14 PM
I would agree with that Tara. When it's live, you're keeping an eye for updates and following along with it. When it's not, you go how awful, those poor people, hope they're okay then move onto the next thing.

50 dead, all just enjoying a night out. There are some twisted people in the world. RIP :(

xxMATTGxx
12-06-2016, 03:26 PM
Damn, that's terrible news :(

Lewis
12-06-2016, 03:26 PM
Terrible, RIP :(

thms
12-06-2016, 04:34 PM
this is so horrible and heartbreaking, it's (wrong word) nice to see people who live in Florida rushing to donate blood to the injured victims, but horribly sad for the ones who have passed. rest in peace

if this has all stemmed from him seeing two men kissing in miami then i'm actually in shock? what kind of person do you have to be to let that lead you into something like this? and Lewis; you wonder why things like gay pride have such meaning to people and why we fight for equality and want equality, it's because people would rather kill people of the lgbt community than coexist and be their 'equal'.

it's so sad and my thoughts are with all of their families :(

-:Undertaker:-
12-06-2016, 04:45 PM
RIP. Another lunatic - hope he rots in hell.

The sad thing about this all though is it is going to become more and more common given what the west is doing to itself. Especially mainland Europe.

this is so horrible and heartbreaking, it's (wrong word) nice to see people who live in Florida rushing to donate blood to the injured victims, but horribly sad for the ones who have passed. rest in peace

if this has all stemmed from him seeing two men kissing in miami then i'm actually in shock? what kind of person do you have to be to let that lead you into something like this? and @Lewis (https://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=70869); you wonder why things like gay pride have such meaning to people and why we fight for equality and want equality, it's because people would rather kill people of the lgbt community than coexist and be their 'equal'.

it's so sad and my thoughts are with all of their families :(

I think attempting to make capital out of Lewis's simple objection/dislike to a parade many gay people themselves disagree with to an Islamic attack with is quite low. There's a world of difference in being for public decency to taking out a gun and shooting people because they're doing something you do not like.

Marching around in pink shorts isn't a "fight" for anything. But this (https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/may/07/muslims-britain-france-germany-homosexuality) is a fight, and it is going to be the fight of gay people's/Jewish/western women's lives.

thms
12-06-2016, 04:53 PM
RIP. Another lunatic - hope he rots in hell.

The sad thing about this all though is it is going to become more and more common given what the west is doing to itself. Especially mainland Europe.

I think attempting to make capital out of Lewis's simple objection/dislike to a parade many gay people themselves disagree with to an Islamic attack with is quite low. There's a world of difference in being for public decency to taking out a gun and shooting people because they're doing something you do not like.

was it actually an islamic attack? i'm going by the statement the shooters father released where it's because he seen two gay men kissing. i've just gotten out of work so i've not thoroughly read through the articles yet just this thread and some of what jen linked but i'm not linking the two together or saying lewis doesn't have a right to his opinion, i just don't understand it when things like this happen and then he questions why we are still fighting for equality and acceptance when 50+ people are hurt for no reason whatsoever other than what the guys father has said, the two men he saw kissing triggered it in him

the parade raises awareness and it isn't all just about 'marching around in pink shorts' though. but i'm not just on about the parade with that statement

anyway i hope everybody recovers fully and there's no more deaths :( rip to those who have died

e5
12-06-2016, 04:58 PM
Tragic news :( I hope they all rest in peace and I'm glad some people got out there alive X

Evanora
12-06-2016, 05:04 PM
was it actually an islamic attack? i'm going by the statement the shooters father released where it's because he seen two gay men kissing.

his negative response to seeing two men kissing is an obvious result of his religion

lemons
12-06-2016, 05:07 PM
whether the shooter was muslim doesn't really matter at this point

what does matter is that he was US citizen who had access to a gun

obviously introducing stricter gun laws would be tough - there must be hundreds of millions in US homes, but what annoys me is that there has been NO attempt to sort out the issue of guns

I just saw on twitter that obama is about to deliver his 18th statement after a mass shooting since be became president. 18th. i can't even recall a time cameron, brown or blair has had to do this

the usa is such a backwards and 'traditional' country despite being so developed and i'd be especially ashamed today to be a citizen

12-06-2016, 05:08 PM
was it actually an islamic attack? i'm going by the statement the shooters father released where it's because he seen two gay men kissing. i've just gotten out of work so i've not thoroughly read through the articles yet just this thread and some of what jen linked but i'm not linking the two together or saying lewis doesn't have a right to his opinion, i just don't understand it when things like this happen and then he questions why we are still fighting for equality and acceptance when 50+ people are hurt for no reason whatsoever other than what the guys father has said, the two men he saw kissing triggered it in him

the parade raises awareness and it isn't all just about 'marching around in pink shorts' though. but i'm not just on about the parade with that statement

i hope everybody recovers fully and there's no more deaths :( rip to those who have died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T93ebEOtc8I

I'm sorry but again you need to get this idea out of your mind that watching a parade and day drinking is fighting for anything. It's exactly the same when, after the last Islamist attacks in France, people say they're "fighting" back with love via teddy bears, singing Imagine and candlelit vigils. That's not fighting for anything.

If I was a fanatic of any kind and I saw that kind of reaction I would literally laugh that my enemy was so weak and brow-beaten. If people wish to fight for western freedoms and values, then the fight is going to have to be an intellectual one and not one which involves yet more teddy bears and lit up public monuments everytime innocent people are shot dead in cold blood.

The fight is broad: asking why our Police forces in the western world are now no longer patrolling certain areas of our cities because of a certain religion. Asking why the German chancellor has, without consultation, abolished border controls in Europe to countries which do not share our values. Asking why Islamic religious schools and mosques are being allowed to pump out Wa'ahabist anti-western hatred funded by Saudi Arabia.

That's the fight ahead, and I don't yet get the impression people are ready for it. So standby for more public sing songs until the next inevitable attack.

So radical Islam doesn't matter but guns - which are already controlled and which 99.9% of owners are responsible with - are what you want to talk about.

Gun bans didn't help the people in Paris or Brussels against religious fanatics. But border controls and good policing might have helped dontcha' think....

Evanora
12-06-2016, 05:15 PM
"fight for equality"

http://www.dailystormer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/gay-pride-08_thumb.jpg

12-06-2016, 05:18 PM

Explosives now being mentioned and another suspect.

Yes, gun control really would have helped.

How about some, oh I don't know - BORDER CONTROL? ...and our Police not being afraid to root out home-grown extremists for fear of being branded as racist?

The Don
12-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Another tragedy which could have been prevented... Such a sad waste of human lives due to another sick individual.

obviously introducing stricter gun laws would be tough - there must be hundreds of millions in US homes, but what annoys me is that there has been NO attempt to sort out the issue of guns

I just saw on twitter that obama is about to deliver his 18th statement after a mass shooting since be became president. 18th. i can't even recall a time cameron, brown or blair has had to do this

the usa is such a backwards and 'traditional' country despite being so developed and i'd be especially ashamed today to be a citizen

+ Rep, this sort of thing is a far too common occurrence over there

- - - Updated - - -

Explosives now being mentioned and another suspect.

Yes, gun control really would have helped.

How about some, oh I don't know - BORDER CONTROL? ...and our Police not being afraid to root out home-grown extremists for fear of being branded as racist?

Gun control would have helped in the 23,096 incidents that have happened since the start of 2016, or in the 5,851 deaths
http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

12-06-2016, 05:26 PM

I can.

2000 1 June: Real IRA bomb on Hammersmith Bridge, London.

2000 20 September: Real IRA fired an RPG-22 at the MI6 HQ in London.

2001 4 March: Real IRA detonated a car bomb outside the BBC's main news centre in London. One London Underground worker suffered deep cuts to his eye from flying glass and some damage was caused to the front of the building.[22] (See 2001 BBC bombing)

2001 16 April: Hendon post office bombed by the Real IRA.

2001 6 May: Real IRA detonated a bomb in a London postal sorting office. One person was injured.[23]

2001 3 August: Real IRA bomb explodes in Ealing, West London, injuring seven people.[24] (See 2001 Ealing bombing)

2001 4 November: Real IRA car bomb in Birmingham.

2005 7 July: 7/7 central London bombings conducted by four separate Islamist extremist suicide bombers, which targeted civilians using the public transport system during the morning rush hour. Three bombs were detonated on three separate trains on the London Underground and one on a double-decker bus. 56 people were killed and 700 were injured. It was the UK's worst terrorist incident since the 1988 Lockerbie bombing and the first Islamist suicide attack in the country.

2007 January–February: Miles Cooper letter bomb campaign.

2007 30 June: Glasgow International Airport attack perpetrated by Islamist extremists.

2008 22 May: Exeter attempted bombing in a café toilet by an Islamist extremist, injuring only the perpetrator.

2013 29 April: Pavlo Lapshyn attacks. Lapshyn, a Ukrainian student, stabbed Mohammed Saleem, a Birmingham resident to death. He later admitted to police that he wished to start a "race war". Lapshyn later detonated a home-made bomb outside a mosque in Walsall on 21 June. 150 homes were evacuated but no person was injured.[26] On 28 May Lapshyn detonated a second home-made bomb near a mosque in Wolverhampton, and attacked a mosque in Tipton with an improvised explosive device containing nails on 12 July. Friday prayers were delayed that day, and so his intended victims were still inside. Laphsyn was later sentenced to serve a minimum of 40 years.

2013 22 May: A British soldier, Lee Rigby, was murdered in an attack in Woolwich by Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale, two Islamist extremists armed with a handgun and a number of bladed implements. Both men were sentenced to life imprisonment, with Adebolajo given a whole life order and Adebowale ordered to serve at least 45 years.

2015 5 December: Three people are stabbed at Leytonstone tube station in east London, with one person suffering severe knife injuries; police subsequently announced that they were treating the stabbings as a 'terrorist incident'.[31] Video footage emerged following the stabbing of the attacker repeatedly shouting "this is for Syria", in reference to the Royal Air Force's bombing of the Islamic State in Syria, which had commenced on 3 December after parliamentary approval

This list doesn't include aborted attacks which, thankfully, had been foiled by security services.

But as in Belgium, security sevices will only be able to stretch this far for so long before the problem spirals out of control as it has there.

Gun control would have helped in the 23,096 incidents that have happened since the start of 2016, or in the 5,851 deaths

Many of those will be accidental shootings, gang shootings or home-invasion/self-defence shootings including accidental shootings.

Gun control but legal firearms exists in America as it does in Switzerland, yet the Swiss do not have this problem. It's more complex than guns = bad.

lemons
12-06-2016, 05:30 PM
So radical Islam doesn't matter but guns - which are already controlled and which 99.9% of owners are responsible with - are what you want to talk about.

Gun bans didn't help the people in Paris or Brussels against religious fanatics. But border controls and good policing might have helped dontcha' think....

My point isn't about radical Islam and yes I know it's a huge issue

I am only talking about what is going on in the US, so I'm unsure why you have even brought up Paris and Brussels. What happened there is a rare occurence whereas in the US these mass shootings are happening too often

The Don
12-06-2016, 05:31 PM
Dan talking about border control, the shooter was born in the USA. How about looking at the real issue which is clearly one involving guns and not borders.

lemons
12-06-2016, 05:33 PM
I can.

again, I'm talking about mass shootings not bombs, stabbings etc despite how devastating those events are

12-06-2016, 05:34 PM
Dan talking about border control, the shooter was born in the USA. How about looking at the real issue which is clearly one involving guns and not borders.

I'm talking broadly about the problems of radical Islam hence why you didn't pick up on what I also said which was about failure to root out extremism in certain areas which is what the Police are currently failing to do as was the case in the Belgian attacks, alongside ripping out the poison that is Wa'ahabist doctrine being taught in schools and mosques across the west. People need to stop being uncomfortable about these topics and start confronting them.

But border controls do certainly help yes. It is madness for liberal western countries to be bringing in huge numbers of people 100% opposed to those values.

again, I'm talking about mass shootings not bombs, stabbings etc despite how devastating those events are

1) Religious extremists or anybody who is calculating and evil enough to do this will always get hold of a gun.
2) There's more than one way to kill people. Whether it's meat cleavers (Lee Rigby) or explosives (7/7).

Empired
12-06-2016, 05:34 PM
Ahem (I feel like umbridge) we all appear to be beginning getting a little bit off topic here, jumping from the issue in the OP to border and gun control (which arguably is related to the topic), Paris attacks (which isn't as much) and all sorts of other things? Can we steer back towards the topic at hand here please?

I can't believe how much that number went up though! They were thinking 20 maybe dead at one point and then all of a sudden it was 50 plus injured people :(

scottish
12-06-2016, 05:36 PM

There aren't any terrorists born in the USA though, they've all legally crossed into the US.

Obviously.

The Don
12-06-2016, 05:40 PM
I'm talking broadly about the problems of radical Islam hence why you didn't pick up on what I also said which was about failure to root out extremism in certain areas which is what the Police are currently failing to do as was the case in the Belgian attacks, alongside ripping out the poison that is Wa'ahabist doctrine being taught in schools and mosques across the west.

But border controls do certainly help yes. It is madness for liberal western countries to be bringing in huge numbers of people 100% opposed to those values.

1) Religious extremists or anybody who is calculating and evil enough to do this will always get hold of a gun.
2) There's more than one way to kill people. Whether it's meat cleavers (Lee Rigby) or explosives (7/7).

There are countless mass shootings every year in the US, most of which are not linked to islam. Clearly there is a bigger problem over there than simply "islam".

xxMATTGxx
12-06-2016, 05:55 PM
Guys, you're all wasting your time arguing with Dan. He's just a fucking idiot.

dbgtz
12-06-2016, 05:57 PM

Always a mature way to engage in debate. Shouldn't you be setting a positive example as owner of the site rather than calling other members "fucking idiots"?

xxMATTGxx
12-06-2016, 05:58 PM
Always a mature way to engage in debate. Shouldn't you be setting a positive example as owner of the site rather than calling other members "**** idiots"?

Nope.

David
12-06-2016, 05:59 PM

<insert essay on personal attacks>
<blames merkel>

scottish
12-06-2016, 06:00 PM
It's the polish taking ownership of our fansites.

can't rep tho :(

12-06-2016, 06:10 PM
Always a mature way to engage in debate. Shouldn't you be setting a positive example as owner of the site rather than calling other members "**** idiots"?

He can't debate.

Dislikes me because I disagree with him haha, on a forum of all places *shock horror".

Even offered a clean slate to him via PM last month asking why make it personal, didn't get a reply so hey ho.

Hi Matthew.

For a while now I have noticed very personal remarks, swearing or even public threats directed at me and this has been going on for months. I understand you may not agree with everything I say or that we do not share the same interests, but I don't for the life of me understand the dislike on a personal level that I get the impression is coming from you.

I argue with Akeam, Saurav, Jen and others and don't seem to have this problem which goes way past any debate/spat and into personality with you. I'm curious to know exactly why you feel this way when I didn't feel any personal dislike until I started having this feeling from your posts directed at me. I just don't understand it and there really is no need for it. I can disagree with you 100pc on various topics but why should we have to let that get personal?

Maybe it has started because you feel it has come from me first, I do not know. But if you are willing, here's the chance to bury the hatchet and accept that we have different personalities but that shouldn't mean we have to go at eachothers throats everytime there's a slight tension. I felt I got along with you fine until maybe 6 or so months ago so what has happened.

So what do you say. Do you want to forget about it and start anew?

Dan.

Brad
12-06-2016, 06:11 PM
On a positive note to this whole thing. Apparently tons of people are lined up to donate blood to help wounded victims.
http://i2.wp.com/www.towleroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/bloodline.jpg?w=1024

http://www.towleroad.com/2016/06/donate-blood-orlando/

12-06-2016, 06:33 PM

Caveat that claimed and actually did are both different things but...

13-06-2016, 08:33 AM
Already the Facebook posts "more love not hate" and lighting up buildings has begun. Celebrities holding message signs and posting to Instagram. Does this make anyone else roll their eyes like it does me? The world doesn't need more love my friends - it needs more hate and anger directed at the evil people who commit these acts. Instead of tears, candles and teddy bears - which terrorists will simply laugh at as a display of western weakness - we need raging anger that this isn't going to happen again and that anger needs to be directed at how the government and FBI let this guy with known links have access to a gun or even be on the streets and how our politicians are too scared to take on radical Islam for fear of reprisals and being called racist.

During the blitz Nazi Germany wasn't defeated with more love or lighting up buildings. It was defeated with resolve, anger and determination from the British people and a government with cojones. It seems that we're lacking both of these today in the fight against radical Islam.

Evil thrives when good men do nothing and stand by.

wixard
13-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Already the Facebook posts "more love not hate" and lighting up buildings has begun. Celebrities holding message signs and posting to Instagram. Does this make anyone else roll their eyes like it does me? The world doesn't need more love my friends - it needs more hate and anger directed at the evil people who commit these acts. Instead of tears, candles and teddy bears - which terrorists will simply laugh at as a display of western weakness - we need raging anger that this isn't going to happen again and that anger needs to be directed at how the government and FBI let this guy with known links have access to a gun or even be on the streets and how our politicians are too scared to take on radical Islam for fear of reprisals and being called racist.

During the blitz Nazi Germany wasn't defeated with more love or lighting up buildings. It was defeated with resolve, anger and determination from the British people and a government with cojones. It seems that we're lacking both of these today in the fight against radical Islam.

Evil thrives when good men do nothing and stand by.

Is it affecting you in any way? I seriously don't get your hatred for it, it's no substitute and no rational person is using it as a way of 'fighting'. It's to show support and respect, what is wrong with support? No one is saying that the flowers or teddy bears being placed in memory are gonna KILL ALL THE BAD MEN!!1

Do you roll your eyes at people who leave flowers or teddys on gravestones? Everyone knows it is not going to help the problem, but it's nice to feel united and show solidarity.

13-06-2016, 09:08 AM
Is it affecting you in any way? I seriously don't get your hatred for it, it's no substitute and no rational person is using it as a way of 'fighting'. It's to show support and respect, what is wrong with support? No one is saying that the flowers or teddy bears being placed in memory are gonna KILL ALL THE BAD MEN!!1

Do you roll your eyes at people who leave flowers or teddys on gravestones? Everyone knows it is not going to help the problem, but it's nice to feel united and show solidarity.

Because I find it insincere. Grief or sorrow isn't usually something you plaster all over social media.

Lot's of people jump on the bandwagon with these events to show how caring and compassionate they are, totally blanking other events that are also terrible but which aren't running a bandwagon at the time. And i'm sorry but again, singing Imagine in the streets and lighting up the Eiffel Tower doesn't "fight" anything - I have seen countless people saying you "fight hate with love" as though this is a Harry Potter novel with some secret spell.

In the real world, the strongest preveils. You fight hate with hatred of the enemy, strong intellectual opposition to your enemy and with force.

wixard
13-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Because I find it insincere. Grief or sorrow isn't usually something you plaster all over social media.

Lot's of people jump on the bandwagon with these events to show how caring and compassionate they are, totally blanking other events that are also terrible but which aren't running a bandwagon at the time. And i'm sorry but again, singing Imagine in the streets and lighting up the Eiffel Tower doesn't "fight" anything - I have seen countless people saying you "fight hate with love" as though this is a Harry Potter novel with some secret spell.

In the real world, the strongest preveils. You fight hate with hatred of the enemy, strong intellectual opposition to your enemy and with force.

Who are you to tell other people if their feelings are sincere or not? Again you just spout off about how it's not 'fighting' anything when I just said nobody says that! I feel at ease when I see solidarity, nobody should be living in fear right? Surely that's a sign of weakness? Unity helps lessen the fear so how is that not a good thing. Its just you looking for a reason to be miserable, take out your fighting with love argument and it's literally just you being miserable.

also with respect to the other events being blanked out, it's events closest to home that people are obviously going to be affected by the most, empathise with, and therefore speak out.

Matt
13-06-2016, 10:29 AM
Sounds like they expect the death toll to rise as there's a large number of people in critical conditions in hospital :(

RIP to all those that lost their lives.

13-06-2016, 12:38 PM
It usually takes me time to feel anything with events around the world as numb from so many. The pictures though, like the Paris attacks, do really bring the story to life. It hit me an hour or so ago. Very sad. The mother who was looking for her son and his boyfriend I recall yesterday: just found out both are dead.

Empired
13-06-2016, 12:58 PM
Who are you to tell other people if their feelings are sincere or not? Again you just spout off about how it's not 'fighting' anything when I just said nobody says that! I feel at ease when I see solidarity, nobody should be living in fear right? Surely that's a sign of weakness? Unity helps lessen the fear so how is that not a good thing. Its just you looking for a reason to be miserable, take out your fighting with love argument and it's literally just you being miserable.

Same tbh +rep in a second because like the wisest man ever (dumbledore) once said 'We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided'. Ok and I know I sound like I'm joking and I am about taking a fictional character seriously but there's definitely still truth to that^

One of the silver linings to terrible crimes like this is always to see the solidarity and goodwill that comes from people all over the world. You always see doom and gloom and how humanity is evil and corrupted and we're bombing each other, kidnapping and killing people, the economy's crashing, a war's broken out, another big company has shut down, etc. etc. so I think it's so easy to forget about how kind humanity can be.
I don't know, I guess it's just powerful to me because it's a way of people saying to terrorists and hateful people that actually no we don't agree with what you're doing and you still haven't broken us?

Idk I just feel stupid now but it's important to me.

wixard
13-06-2016, 01:01 PM
It usually takes me time to feel anything with events around the world as numb from so many. The pictures though, like the Paris attacks, do really bring the story to life. It hit me an hour or so ago. Very sad. The mother who was looking for her son and his boyfriend I recall yesterday: just found out both are dead.

also the woman who's son texted her, pleading for help and that he was going to die is also confirmed dead. The text 'mommy I'm scared' is so haunting because it shows his complete vulnerability in the situation. I spent all of last night constantly looking for news to see if he survived, woke this morning to see he had passed. He texted her for 50 minutes, it's things like that which humanise it for me and I'm sure it's the same for others which is why I believe the worldwide grief is real

dsi
13-06-2016, 01:52 PM
50 dead now according to reports and gunman identified http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/12/florida-gay-nightclub-shooting-injuries-reported-at-pulse-orland/?WT.mc_id=tmgoff_soc_spf_fb-sf28516004 wow!

At least 50 have died. 53 were injured.

Brad
13-06-2016, 02:07 PM
They've been identifying the victims, and it is so heartbreaking to hear the news.

There's now videos of people's cell phone coversations with those in the building before they've died. It's saddening.
I found this on facebook that really broke me;
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13417515_1636797393305715_379744672661285920_n.jpg ?oh=f01f1bd3a88cb4a51df6cfaa5b717241&oe=57CEAFE2

!:random!:!
13-06-2016, 02:50 PM
RIP to the victims who have died and my condolences are with the families who are mourning <3

The Don
13-06-2016, 03:02 PM

also with respect to the other events being blanked out, it's events closest to home that people are obviously going to be affected by the most, empathise with, and therefore speak out.

Don't worry, Dan's idea of "fighting it" is bitching and moaning about it on habboxforum, incredibly ironic.

13-06-2016, 03:09 PM
Don't worry, Dan's idea of "fighting it" is **** and moaning about it on habboxforum, incredibly ironic.

The first step comes in even having the courage to state what you are facing, something President Obama can't even bring himself to do (http://nypost.com/2016/06/12/obama-says-we-are-to-blame-not-islamic-terrorism-for-orlando-massacre/). The President of America is so divorced from reality that he won't bring himself to say Islamic State and even comes close to blaming American attitudes to gay people for it.

So determined is the president to avoid the subject of Islamist, ISIS-inspired or ISIS-directed terrorism that he concluded his remarks with an astonishing insistence that “we need the strength and courage to change” our attitudes toward the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.

That’s just disgusting. There’s no other word for it.

America’s national attitude toward LGBT people didn’t shoot up the Pulse nightclub. This country’s national attitude has undergone a sea change in the past 20 years, by the way, in case the president hasn’t noticed.

An Islamist terrorist waging war against the United States killed and injured 103 people on our soil. We Americans do not bear collective responsibility for this attack. Quite the opposite.

The attack on the Pulse nightclub was an attack on us all, no less than the World Trade Center attack.

Douglas Murray - gay himself - was spot on today on the Daily Politics, from 4:25 onwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQuyMx2BWtk

_HeyyItsHannah_
13-06-2016, 04:38 PM
It's really.. Really.. Sad to say this, but it really maeks you think.

This is the 173rd mass shooting in the US of 2016..

We are on day 164...

There have been more mass shooting this YEAR than there have been DAYS..

Jesus what is wrong with our world.

AgnesIO
13-06-2016, 06:17 PM
The first step comes in even having the courage to state what you are facing, something President Obama can't even bring himself to do (http://nypost.com/2016/06/12/obama-says-we-are-to-blame-not-islamic-terrorism-for-orlando-massacre/). The President of America is so divorced from reality that he won't bring himself to say Islamic State and even comes close to blaming American attitudes to gay people for it.

Coming from the guy who still argues that American's should be entitled to have assault rifles :rolleyes:

Chris
13-06-2016, 08:34 PM
It's really.. Really.. Sad to say this, but it really maeks you think.

This is the 173rd mass shooting in the US of 2016..

We are on day 164...

There have been more mass shooting this YEAR than there have been DAYS..

Jesus what is wrong with our world.

That is shocking. It amazes me.

thms
13-06-2016, 09:27 PM
They've been identifying the victims, and it is so heartbreaking to hear the news.

There's now videos of people's cell phone coversations with those in the building before they've died. It's saddening.
I found this on facebook that really broke me;
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13417515_1636797393305715_379744672661285920_n.jpg ?oh=f01f1bd3a88cb4a51df6cfaa5b717241&oe=57CEAFE2

this was actually horrifying for me to imagine happen, it would haunt me forever knowing what had happened and then to think their families were ringing to find out more and not be able to. IT'S SO SAD

the "mommy i'm scared" texts i seen about today and it's awful. so awful, i can't even believe it :'( must be heartbreaking

GoldenMerc
14-06-2016, 08:54 AM
The guy was gay, he had matched on Grindr, he had also visited the night club tonnes of times. It wasn't a hate crime, i assume it was coming out with religion etc. Il get source when I can

GoldenMerc
14-06-2016, 08:58 AM
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-orlando-nightclub-shooting-20160613-snap-story.html

14-06-2016, 10:39 AM
@GoldenMerc (https://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=26925);

Just read that then. He was seen a few times in that gay bar and had a gay dating app on his phone.

It goes to show how messed up the Islamic faith is on this and something has to give. Gay sex in Afghanistan is widespread but not considered immoral to the guy who is top. Yes, it is that crazy. In ultra-orthodox Saudi Arabia, is it well known that the thousands of Saudi Princes along with the wealthier population in general there all travel into the deserts for booze-fuelled gay sex parties - as well as into Bahrain and on yachts for it where they cannot be touched by Saudi etc law. It's just like how so many of the preachers in the US have been caught trousers down with a Filipino rent boy in a toilet. :P

JasonLeeKelk
14-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Its terrible what has happened the us need stricter gun laws in place

wixard
14-06-2016, 11:44 AM
GoldenMerc; surely his internalised homophobia actually confirms that it is a hate crime?

GoldenMerc
14-06-2016, 11:55 AM
GoldenMerc; surely his internalised homophobia actually confirms that it is a hate crime?

No I think he was obviously pressured with the fact that his religion restricted his sexuality thus threw his toys out of the pram

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!