PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One S

xxMATTGxx
12-06-2016, 07:49 PM
Looks like some of the information about the Xbox One S has leaked a bit early:

http://mattgarner.net/uploads/2016-06-12_20-49-51.jpg

In less than 24 hours, Microsoft will host its E3 press conference. The software maker is expected to launch a smaller, slimmer version of the Xbox One, and a fresh leak on the NeoGAF Forums today is providing our first look at the new console. Sources familiar with Microsoft's Xbox plans had told us that the new Xbox One "Slim" would be 40 percent smaller, and the leaked image appears to show a smaller Xbox One in white.

Alongside the image of the console, some specifications are also listed. Microsoft appears to be introducing a 2TB version of the Xbox One S, with support for 4K video playback, and High Dynamic Range (HDR). The image also notes a new "vertical stand" and "streamlined controller," so the new Xbox One S won't need to sit horizontally anymore. There's no details on the "streamlined controller," and the image simply shows a refreshed white version. We're expecting to hear a lot more about the Xbox One S at Microsoft's press conference tomorrow.

Another image:

http://www.windowscentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/larger/public/field/image/2016/06/xbox-one-s-leak_0.jpg?itok=cavirzSR

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/12/11913978/microsoft-xbox-one-s-slim-console-leak

What do we all think?

Chris
12-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Ugly as fuck was my initial reaction.

Only thing that appeals is the increased HD space and its smaller size.

Prosiary
12-06-2016, 08:20 PM
I want that controller, looks so nice

Nick
12-06-2016, 10:32 PM
i love the white. and yes the hard drive would be so good

GoldenMerc
12-06-2016, 10:53 PM
wont be buying, xbox has been a total disaster this time round...

Chris
13-06-2016, 08:48 PM
Xbox announced Project Scorpio today which will be a new version of the Xbox One to be released fall next year. It'll be more powerful and will support 4k.

In other words I wouldn't bother upgrading to this.

xxMATTGxx
14-06-2016, 11:36 AM
Xbox announced Project Scorpio today which will be a new version of the Xbox One to be released fall next year. It'll be more powerful and will support 4k.

In other words I wouldn't bother upgrading to this.

That's probably going to cost a bomb most likely. So I can see this new version doing well during the holidays I suppose.

GoldenMerc
14-06-2016, 12:49 PM
That's probably going to cost a bomb most likely. So I can see this new version doing well during the holidays I suppose.

Is the scorpio running same OS as the xbox one etc? Its pretty much an xbox one on steroids correct?

xxMATTGxx
14-06-2016, 01:40 PM
Is the scorpio running same OS as the xbox one etc? Its pretty much an xbox one on steroids correct?

I would expect the OS will be the same as they mentioned specifically that Xbox One, Xbox One S and Project Scorpio will be able to play the same library of games. It's pretty much a modified version of Windows 10 and some Hyper-V virtual machines.

But yeah, Project Scorpio is an Xbox One with more powerful hardware.

Project Scorpio is actually an Xbox One that can natively run games in 4K and is built with the hardware capabilities to support the high-end VR that you see happening in the PC space today... when it ships it will be the most powerful console ever built."

All models of the Xbox One will be able to play the same library of games, and that includes Scorpio, the original Xbox One, and the just-announced Xbox One S. On Scorpio, though, many of those games will feature improvements because of the more powerful hardware.

Joe
14-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Might sell my Xbox One and get the streamlined version of it, for space at uni and also for the bigger hard drive. Technically should be a lot cheaper HOPEFULLY

Lucy
19-07-2016, 03:42 AM
Microsoft have confirmed today the Xbox One S will be releasing on the 2nd of August!

https://majornelson.com/2016/07/18/xbox-one-s-arrives-august-2/?linkId=26664526

I would pick up one but they are going to cost a fortune in Australia and EB Games are only offering a $170 credit on an existing Xbox One.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!