PDA

View Full Version : Life lessons Habbox has taught you?

lawrawrrr
19-06-2016, 09:59 PM
I was thinking about this today

Is there anything that you've learnt from Habbox that has given you serious help in your life?

I think the biggest thing for me has been learning to manage people, and more recently, that I can trust people to carry on and do well even when I'm not there to oversee. I worry about things like that, I always have but especially recently. The truth is though that people can be trusted to do a really good job even if I don't personally see it happen!

I'm learning to let things go :')

Your go!

-:Undertaker:-
19-06-2016, 10:58 PM
It's really improved my written skills over the years.

Also taught me on staff side of things - more in recent years than the past - that some people can be so two-faced it is unbelievable.

FlyingJesus
20-06-2016, 12:36 AM
That some people are beyond help but in general most humans aren't that bad, even the stupid ones

Also that no-one likes rare values

buttons
20-06-2016, 08:51 AM
not sure if habbox specifically or just from speaking anonymously to people on the internet :

- writing/debating skills - being relentlessly harassed if you did your your/you're wrong.

- when i first used the forum, lots of people would make me feel that i was inferior/unintelligent for being scottish and i became ashamed of it! i had never experienced negativity about it until i used this forum. don't get it here anymore or on any other site.

- that people can make you believe things about yourself (ie ^that^) when they haven't even met you. someone you don't know can have a huge influence over your self esteem/beliefs/actions.

- other people's point of view? because you get close to people on here, you open up more and allow their opinion to come through, might be less likely to do that on sites without that personal aspect.

Jurv
22-06-2016, 10:49 AM
I guess Habbox has taught me not to take everything so seriously and be offended by the smallest of things. I remember when I first joined I was really defensive and felt attacked every time someone disagreed with something I said lol. I'm a lot more laid back now and can appreciate other points of view without releasing my inner bitch

Oh also I find it easier to speak to people from diverse backgrounds, which helped a lot when it came to moving away for uni

Brad
22-06-2016, 12:56 PM
There's definitely some over lap from what others have said.

- Writing skills have improved, personally I was a wreck.
- My acceptance of others has been incredible. I felt like through habbox's vast population, the differences in others helped me be more accepting.
- I'm more comfortable to share my views on topics, and discussions when before I wasn't much one to step out of my comfort zone.

Expling
22-06-2016, 02:47 PM
My writing skills have improved quite a lot and I'm still getting better by the day (learning new words as a lot of you are older so it's nice to understand things that most people my age don't)
I feel as if I'm a bit more confident now as well
I have also learnt that if something doesn't work the first time round then you should keep trying new stuff as it will eventually work

RyRy
22-06-2016, 07:43 PM
- Spelling skills & writing
- Touch typing
- Getting a broad range of opinions and ideas from across the UK and the world opened my mind to more than what I was getting when I first came on Habbo. Also worth saying that not shouting down people you disagree with was something I learnt on here, it's great to debate and see just what people actually think.
- Everybody is trustworthy online, right up until you find out they're not and it's too late by then. Hard lesson, but a vital one.
- Being honest is the best policy, even for people who don't want to hear your honesty.
- "A friend in need is a friend indeed", helped so many people on Habbox throughout the years as well as on Habbo, I'd like to think I made a positive impact on somebody's life and that really did teach me to listen to others as a life lesson because its amazing how happy that can make somebody.
- Always keep in touch with people you are friends with both online or offline, cuz one day you may lose contact. But also a good life lesson, it really is a damn small world.
- You can love anybody regardless of distance or ever meeting up with them, and that's okay.

So many lessons haha, I'm sure there's plenty more I've learnt over the years that I've just incorporated into my own life.

LUCPIX
24-06-2016, 03:46 PM
I started my little trek at Habbox in January but it was enough. Habbox has taugh some good stuff!

It is always making me learn something new about English. It is still a bit hard to me to express some things (all i want to do now is to say a million things and run away) but I am sure it is just a phase and things will get a little clearer in the future. Well I want to meet ppl and all o/

I have learnt something about the foreign culture as well. There is some differences between the way that Brazil runs a habbo fan site, it is more about people, we couldnt find lots of grown ups there and you guys have different interests and different lives etc
It is a crazy thing

Habbox taugh me to behave towards what some people say. In some instance they are just pixels on a screen so why should we care so much about the bad stuff?

Pixel art and graphic design. It was rly a big gift

_HeyyItsHannah_
24-06-2016, 04:37 PM
Not to take things to heart.. Though sometimes I still do..

And you can be in a community where people really do not judge you for who you are.

And ofc writing skills.

Cerys
24-06-2016, 05:14 PM
It's definitely given me more of an interest in politics. Even though I studied both gov+pol and then law for quite a few years I feel like I've actually learnt more about the real life aspects of it cos of habbox!
Cheers Dan and Akeam xoxox

Then the whole dont be so sensitive yadada generic stuff

Chris
24-06-2016, 07:49 PM
My writing and grammar have certainly improved. Dealing with (often awkward) people is also something I've taken from it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!