PDA

View Full Version : HabboxStarz Feedback!

despect
08-07-2016, 10:12 PM
https://habbox.com/assets/images//2016/06/25/d5f33f4925188f898e5544cc658b07ba.png

Helloooo!

So now Habboxstarz has coming to an end, (announcing the results) on Sunday at 9pm so make sure you tune into that! But we'd like feedback on your Habboxstarz experience in general. How do you think it went?

You could comment on the following:

Did you find this years Habboxstarz fun/exciting?
How were the entries this year?
How did you find voting on the main site, would you prefer a forum vote?
How did you find the hosts on both shows?

Obviously if you want to comment on other things then feel free!

To listen to the Semi-Final show click here (https://www.mixcloud.com/HabboxLive/habbox-starz-semi-final-07072016/).
To Listen to the final show click here (https://www.mixcloud.com/HabboxLive/habbox-starz-final-08072016/).

I would like to thank everyone who tuned in, helped out etc. Massive thank you to lawrawrrr; who made the banners, the page for voting and opened and closed the voting for us! Mrs_Plant; who made the fantastic room and Mikey; and Yuxin; who helped with the hosting of both shows!

The voting will close on Sunday at 9pm and the winners will be announced. Please visit www.habbox.com/habboxstarz to vote for YOUR WINNER!

We'll be playing repeats of the shows live on the radio from 12am - 4am on the 10th July for international users to tune in as well!

Thanks,

James

Joe
08-07-2016, 10:58 PM
Yes! Everything was really well organised and advertised and it actually felt like the competition was more hyped up than at the Christmas karaoke competition, which I think made people want to enter a little more than before.

Like, amazing? People really tried to either show how good their voices actually are and showed off their talents (notably Brad; on guitar!!), or strived to be as good as they can be or just got stuck in in general and showed that the spirit of Habbox is actaully returning a little bit because we know we wouldn't judge eachother!

Site vote was so much better. System was flawless.

I only listened to Gina's show as I was working on the next one, but as normal Yuxin; was absolutely brilliant and kept us all hooked to the radio and it made me listen for the entire show. Top work once again love x

Overall, massive pat on the back for all of you for running such a faultless large scale competition x

Empousa
09-07-2016, 12:11 AM
Yeah, I loved it! It was very organised, and so much more planned than Habbox Christmas Karaoke!

I swear EVERYTHING is improving this year throughout in talent shows. The Voice UK, Britain's Got Talent, HabboxStarz... you name it, they've upped their game! So much good raw talent, it was hard to say who you definitely didn't want to see through! I've found it fairly easy to hope certain entries don't get through before in other shows, but honestly? This year, I've had nobody that I didn't want to get through to the final and several I definitely did want to go through. (I'm not counting myself of course, I wasn't expecting to anyway - was just in it for the fun!) There was only one I didn't exactly enjoy but I know that was only my own personal taste in music, because they had a great voice with it and that's a much higher factor than whether or not I like the song.

I found it confusing at first and just a teensy bit annoying when I tried clicking the pictures to select and it just bounced me up to the top of the page. Aside from that, it worked okay! Next time it'd be cool to have an article posted with the link on the main page too, that's all I'd suggest! Also, be sure to have lawrawrrr on again to struggle with closing the votes, that was hilarious!

DJ Gina/ Yuxin: Fantastic. She kept things exciting, had a positive upbeat voice while talking, and all in all she kept herself on track! Keep it up Gina G!

DJ Mikey/ Mikey & DJ Jammy/ despect: Also fantastic hosts and a fantastic show, couple of fumbles that got corrected on your own parts except one point where Jammy misquoted lawrawrrr - loudmouth not bigmouth shhh but other than that it was good! Made the show even better. You two should double DJ lots more beyond the chatathon, your combo works so well! Also, specific to you Mikey - I love your accent. :o

!:random!:!
09-07-2016, 06:01 AM
I found this year much more exciting with the fantastic prizes to offer and more entries than ever making it feel competitive. We also had a lot of talent this year which can make change ;) joking everyone is unique and talented.

They were was a various range off genres of songs that people sang and we had many of them. We also didn't just have "habboxers" we had non-forum and site users that entered which is brilliant for bringing in new members and potential staff recruits.
Its a much more clean and tidy way to vote and looked lovely and modernised. completely loved the little banners that went with each entry. I think more advertising could of been done on the forum to say votes were open though but overall it was a good system to previous years.

How did you find the hosts on both shows? Mikey and James you were both brilliant and made this year exciting and enjoyable. I look forward to next year. Gina am afraid I missed your slot on the first night :( am sure you was good though!

Samantha
09-07-2016, 06:43 AM
Did you find this years Habboxstarz fun/exciting?I didn't tune in due to other commitments which stopped me from entering too. However, I thought the hype was a lot better and it was a lot more planned than I think it was in previous years as you could just run the event and that's it; you didn't have to incorporate other parts of a bigger event into it. I know the birthday event has been going on with it, but in previous years we've had HxSS points incorporated, or had 24 hours for the event etc.
How were the entries this year? They were good and I liked the idea behind some of them, especially those who took the time to rewrite the songs and Becky getting her son to join in too. I loved how some people you wouldn't think would enter, who aren't really 'too known' on the forum/Habbox yet and new people entered too. It showed that the word got out there a lot!
How did you find voting on the main site, would you prefer a forum vote? I saw that you got two votes on the site (could you vote for 2 different people or the same one, I wasn't home to vote and find out)? If it was for the same person you could perhaps change this so you could spread it next year. Alternatively, I noticed that you had to at least join to vote that was a nice touch, but I also know that some people would have preferred a forum vote. I think potentially instead of having two votes on the site you could have also opened a poll on the forum, uploaded the songs on there also and opened the voting to those on the forum too and added both of the votes together (so 1 vote on site, 1 vote on the forum). It might have seen more votes from those that don't really go on Habbox or play Habbo, as everyone can judge singing pretty much! Also, I know some members would prefer more acknowledgement of big events like that on the forum so they can participate (vote), so it might have made a nice addition, but that's something for another event/next year.
How did you find the hosts on both shows? Like I said I couldn't tune in, but all the DJs who hosted are good and I'm sure they would have been great!

King-Tom
09-07-2016, 08:55 AM
As usual yes it was very entertaining
Amazing, so many people put so much effort in and as always the show delivered.
Personally i do not like the new method of voting as there are more con's with it
with it breaking quite alot.
The first show with Gina went very well, she kept everyone entertained and had a very nice party room.
The seccond with mikey and james also went very well as there was alot in the show and it was a very nice touch to get some
of the contestants on air, also made it very entertaining

Highlight from this year: Mikey and James Singing.

Obviously if you want to comment on other things then feel free!

Mrs_Plant
09-07-2016, 12:19 PM
Did you find this years Habboxstarz fun/exciting
I would say it was enjoyable to listen to yes, exciting erm not so much. I feel like there could of been more to get involved with during the time slots. More competitions, little tasks maybe just something more to enjoy, rather than standing in a room dancing. It starts to drag if i am honest. But besides that i did enjoy listening to you all.

How were the entries this year
All the entries were amazing and was great to see such a variety throughout all the entries. Will be a tough year for the final for sure!

I think adding the voting system to the main site is a good touch allowing people to become more involved with the main site rather than constantly using the forum. People did struggle with how to vote, but once figured out that you have to click the text below it seemed simple enough. If you can use the same 2 votes to vote the same person i think that would need to be changed. I didn't test it though so i wouldn't know.

Gina as always made sure we were entertained and getting involved which is great to see. She always aims to please her listeners so i loved her show. James and Mikey, you also did a lovely show, but i didn't like how there was just 1 competition throughout the 2 hours, i was hoping for more to do. I would love to hear James more on air rather than Mikey dominating the show. (which seems to happen most of the time i.e chatathon). So if we can hear more of James then that would be awesome! :) Contacting the contestants great little touch but maybe give them time to prepare rather than calling randomly just so they are prepared and know that they will be on. Personally i hate being cold called as half the time i can never be bothered if im being honest. But yeah hope this doesn't sound horrible. :)

lawrawrrr
09-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Personally i do not like the new method of voting as there are more con's with it
with it breaking quite alot.

Did it break? Apart from me messing up on last night's show (which was completely my fault, getting to grips with an unfamiliar system), I haven't heard anything about it breaking???

King-Tom
09-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Not so much breaking i guess then, just from what i have seen from other years i prefer forum voting :) Just my opinion
i'm sure many prefer the new way :D

despect
09-07-2016, 06:58 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback its all taken on board very excited to announce the winner(s) :) ill give +rep when on my laptop :)

Mikey
09-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Thanks all for the feedback, good or not so good. Feedback lets us improve shows in the future that we do for HabboxLive and it's greatly appreciated.

Really enjoyed planning this with the team and also hosting with James. I have +rep everyone that has replied earlier on today. :)

Matt
10-07-2016, 04:21 AM
Can I just say I love the fact you decided to play a repeat on air!!

Getting in different guests to speak about the people who've got through was a great idea and was probably my favourite part, it just seemed to be coordinated really well. This year I feel like you guys have worked incredibly hard to promote it, there's been a lot more hype over it and I've been more inclined to actually listen and pay attention to it (and I feel like this has been reflected in the quality of the entries too). The site voting was a really clever move in my opinion, it's nice to see things move away from the Forum too (as in the past the site has only really been used for leaderboards and to direct people to find out more info on a specific event).

Hosting was great and overall I think it was a really well planned and executed event!!!!!! (I like your accent Mikey).

Gina
10-07-2016, 10:25 AM
Can I just say I love the fact you decided to play a repeat on air!!

Getting in different guests to speak about the people who've got through was a great idea and was probably my favourite part, it just seemed to be coordinated really well. This year I feel like you guys have worked incredibly hard to promote it, there's been a lot more hype over it and I've been more inclined to actually listen and pay attention to it (and I feel like this has been reflected in the quality of the entries too). The site voting was a really clever move in my opinion, it's nice to see things move away from the Forum too (as in the past the site has only really been used for leaderboards and to direct people to find out more info on a specific event).

Hosting was great and overall I think it was a really well planned and executed event!!!!!! (I like your accent Mikey).

OOH were u tuned in for it!
sorry how did it sound omf I had my boyfriend over and had to connect and play them but I have no idea what it sounded like
I hope it didnt lag or anything!

sorry if I hadnt planned my boyfriend to stay I wouldve stayed up to do the party room and do different comps instead through both shows so my apologies!
hopefully it sounded ok and didnt lag or anything anyways

altho big thanks to james n mikey for the idea of the replay ^

also thank u for feedback peeps its lovely to read! my highlight of this year is prob the non hxers entering as well as the number of entries received with all of them bein g so different
obv im hoping for fryingpan to win with her being amazing and non habbox but lke joe n rosie and lawrawrrr both had AMAZING entries also so was lovely to hear
n so many ppl tuned in and took part which makes it fun to dj the shows SO THANKS PEEPS x

Matt
10-07-2016, 11:02 AM
OOH were u tuned in for it!
sorry how did it sound omf I had my boyfriend over and had to connect and play them but I have no idea what it sounded like
I hope it didnt lag or anything!

sorry if I hadnt planned my boyfriend to stay I wouldve stayed up to do the party room and do different comps instead through both shows so my apologies!
hopefully it sounded ok and didnt lag or anything anyways

altho big thanks to james n mikey for the idea of the replay ^

also thank u for feedback peeps its lovely to read! my highlight of this year is prob the non hxers entering as well as the number of entries received with all of them bein g so different
obv im hoping for fryingpan to win with her being amazing and non habbox but lke joe n rosie and lawrawrrr both had AMAZING entries also so was lovely to hear
n so many ppl tuned in and took part which makes it fun to dj the shows SO THANKS PEEPS x

It was a bit laggy but I was tuned in for quite a while once I realised it was being replayed. I then went out but released a link was also posted in the thread so listened via that (as I could skip songs and stuff). Was very good though!! :P

FlyingJesus
10-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Personally I think it was rubbish because I didn't win

I only heard thursday night's show but that was fab and people on the hotel seemed to be getting into it too so that's always good

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!