PDA

View Full Version : Safety lock/security questions

lawrawrrr
02-10-2016, 03:03 PM
So this morning we were talking about people being hacked and stuff and I was like yeahh just put the questions on so they can't trade, but someone else pointed out that all you need is your current password to change them??

WELL miss Yuxin; did some investigating and it turns out that isn't true... if you log in from another location you have to put in your security questions to change any other settings!

Basically my point of making this thread is that quite a few people are being hacked recently and just by setting these questions you can literally almost 100% protect yourself (unless you put really obvious answers that people could find out if they wanted to!!)

PLEASE ADD THEM TO YOUR ACCOUNT i beg of you I don't want to see more innocent lovely people being hacked and WIPED OUT :(

Gina
02-10-2016, 03:18 PM
YES fully recommend that you lock your accounts
they wont be able to hack any of ur furnis or anything with the safety lock
a lot of ppl have it turned off cos it can be annoying when logging into new locations n shit but overall its worth the extra trouble Jazzy; can vouch

FlyingJesus
02-10-2016, 03:29 PM
Can confirm I had someone try to get into my account a few weeks back and couldn't actually get on to do anything because of the security questions, they'd opened up a help ticket asking for the answers lmao but obv I got notified of that and got it halted and changed my pass again

David
02-10-2016, 04:26 PM
...or a decent password

xxMATTGxx
02-10-2016, 04:30 PM
I'll be interested in knowing if the password and email address was used on multiple websites.

David
02-10-2016, 04:34 PM
I'll be interested in knowing if the password and email address was used on multiple websites.

sources close to the victim can confirm this to be fact

scottish
02-10-2016, 04:35 PM
whats the security lock

Expling
02-10-2016, 04:48 PM
YES I STARTED USING THESE ABOUT A WEEK AGO
they're so secure it's fab I'm so pleased they have it

although I think my qs are really easy if you know me well enough :')

Mrs_Plant
02-10-2016, 10:09 PM
I have been using this for ages now! After my first account got hacked. Plus my password is like an essay :p

Jazz
03-10-2016, 05:09 PM
I didn't use them and that was the main reason I was hacked, my email had been leaked by Thishabbo though and that could have been a factor

I had a strong password (generated numbers, caps and letters)
I had a different email to my other sites (even my twitter that had another password and email and got hacked as well)
Obviously I hadn't given my password out to anyone

GET THEM SECURITY QUESTIONS ON YOUR ACCOUNTS ASAP

FlyingJesus
03-10-2016, 05:35 PM
A password being strong or weak will make nooooo difference if there's a full on cracked database leak, it's just as easy to copy and paste "password" as it is "23QWi4h5ius3oIIJffH" so doooooooo make sure you have as many levels of security as you can!

thatc00lgirl
03-10-2016, 06:57 PM
Making a password is going to be so hard, because i will tend to forget if it is too complicated but owell.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!