03-10-2016, 04:24 PM
wat u think is pros and cons of each gender xxx

thatc00lgirl
03-10-2016, 04:46 PM
This is really hard though, could you give your opinion on this first? buttons;
And at the same time i do not want to offend anyone haha

buttons
03-10-2016, 04:55 PM
This is really hard though, could you give your opinion on this first? @buttons (https://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=42203);
And at the same time i do not want to offend anyone haha
it all depends, obviously i'm a female and only ever experienced life as a female, and it all depends whether or not you're an attractive/rich/white female etcetc!

pros of being female
- being put first in terms of safety - think titanic, countries with compulsory army service
- women are more likely to be believed in terms of rape, abuse etc than men are
- can more easily get out of crimes
- men will buy them shit for nothing, especially if they're attractive. so nights out are cheaper, men being the main breadwinner so women don't have to work as much etc
- often have an easier time with dating etc compared to a man

cons of being female-
- whilst being put first is a great thing, lots of women want equality and not want to be treated as better than men because they love men (me xx)
- cons obviously the pain some women go through with their female bits!! :(
- pressure of being perfect/beautiful/thin etc
- not taken seriously, still sometimes seen as inferior to males
- still sometimes seen as having to be housewives and thats prominent in other countries/cultures

pros of being a man
- sometimes taken more seriously than females and may be some opportunities out there that they are more easily able to achieve eg powerful positions
- attractiveness likely not as important as it is in women when it comes to media, jobs etc
-

cons of being a man
- laughed at for being abuse victims/not believed
- not getting as much access to their children as females do
- being seen as "lesser" if not buff, rich, achieving what a "man should" or being what a "real man is"
- mental health rates & appearance issues not taken as seriously as in females

funny im actually finding it difficult to get pros for being a man x

FlyingJesus
03-10-2016, 05:16 PM
As a quadgender transdisabled plantkin I am highly triggered by this thread

thatc00lgirl
03-10-2016, 05:26 PM
it all depends, obviously i'm a female and only ever experienced life as a female, and it all depends whether or not you're an attractive/rich/white female etcetc!

pros of being female
- being put first in terms of safety - think titanic, countries with compulsory army service
- men will buy them shit for nothing, especially if they're attractive. so nights out are cheaper, men being the main breadwinner so women don't have to work as much etc

cons of being female-
- whilst being put first is a great thing, lots of women want equality and not want to be treated as better than men because they love men (me xx)
- still sometimes seen as having to be housewives and thats prominent in other countries/cultures

pros of being a man
- sometimes taken more seriously than females and may be some opportunities out there that they are more easily able to achieve eg powerful positions
- attractiveness likely not as important as it is in women when it comes to media, jobs etc
-

cons of being a man
- being seen as "lesser" if not buff, rich, achieving what a "man should" or being what a "real man is"

Damn, i agree with you! You've told pretty much everything i was thinking but i didn't really want to say without
probably offending some people haha. It's true when i watch those social experiments that also show good looking
guys being catcalled by some women and men, and harassing them and people tend to feel sorry more for the ladies
than the guys. Like they've never really thought about how insecure some men are when they are being catcalled.
For situations such as crimes, they are still pretty sexist in some ways. People tend to see women as the victims than
the sinners, and the guys as the sinners than the victims when sometimes it is the other way round. And men often
assume the role of the bad guys in many situations such as drug dealers/murderers/thieves when honestly sometimes,
the true fact is that they are all women. Sometimes i do feel bad for men but owell.

dbgtz
03-10-2016, 05:28 PM
I'm going to take mine to mean pros/cons in this country

pros of being a man
-greater natural & potential strength
-"allowed" to eat more (generally speaking)
-less chance of being mugged/abused, at least it seems like it which probably ties in with the first point
-superior beings

cons of being a man
-"positive discrimination" potentially limits job opportunities as the company may choose a woman to look "with the times"
-balls
-lack of support and attention for a lot of male related issues ("Women have always been the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat." -Hillary Clinton lol)

pros of being a woman maybe
-probably easier to get wanted attention
-a great focus on getting women "representation" in boardrooms and in STEM careers ultimately gives girls/women an unfair advantage (which more should capitalise on tbh)
-usually fares better in court
-longer life expectancy
-can wear most "mens" clothes without being judged, not so much the other way around

cons of being a woman maybe
-probably easier to get unwanted attention
-menstruation and such things, not forgetting actual pregnancy for those who choose that route
-no pockets in a lot of clothes???

This isn't really related but when I grew up I always assumed that it was OK for men to be rather fat but not for the woman. Obviously I was wrong but typing these lists out reminded me of that.

buttons
03-10-2016, 05:30 PM
I'm going to take mine to mean pros/cons in this country

pros of being a man
-greater natural & potential strength
-"allowed" to eat more (generally speaking)
-less chance of being mugged/abused, at least it seems like it which probably ties in with the first point
-superior beings

cons of being a man
-"positive discrimination" potentially limits job opportunities as the company may choose a woman to look "with the times"
-balls
-lack of support and attention for a lot of male related issues ("Women have always been the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat." -Hillary Clinton lol)

pros of being a woman maybe
-probably easier to get wanted attention
-a great focus on getting women "representation" in boardrooms and in STEM careers ultimately gives girls/women an unfair advantage (which more should capitalise on tbh)
-usually fares better in court
-longer life expectancy
-can wear most "mens" clothes without being judged, not so much the other way around

cons of being a woman maybe
-probably easier to get unwanted attention
-menstruation and such things, not forgetting actual pregnancy for those who choose that route
-no pockets in a lot of clothes???

This isn't really related but when I grew up I always assumed that it was OK for men to be rather fat but not for the woman. Obviously I was wrong but typing these lists out reminded me of that.
gd post except superior beings u guys smell x
and yeah at the last point i'd usually agree but it's changing definitely, how many plus sized male models do u see?

dbgtz
03-10-2016, 05:35 PM
and yeah at the last point i'd usually agree but it's changing definitely, how many plus sized male models do u see?

None, which isn't a bad thing. I hope we get to none and I hope they stop being called "plus sized", it almost trivialises being obese.
However what there still is a lot of "family" shows where the woman is thin and the man fat. Usually accompanied by man=stupid, woman=nag.

thatc00lgirl
03-10-2016, 06:28 PM

And plus sized female models are starting to get more attention and recognition, but i wonder why doesn't that apply
to plus sized male models. They should be treated fairly, there should be plus sized male models too, if the women can
do that and be applauded for it, men should be too. Haha smelly superior beings. Trump should start modelling, it'll do him good
publicity haha.

dbgtz
03-10-2016, 06:38 PM
And plus sized female models are starting to get more attention and recognition, but i wonder why doesn't that apply
to plus sized male models. They should be treated fairly, there should be plus sized male models too, if the women can
do that and be applauded for it, men should be too. Haha smelly superior beings. Trump should start modelling, it'll do him good
publicity haha.

I think you've gone the wrong way in this tbh lmao

thatc00lgirl
03-10-2016, 06:40 PM
I think you've gone the wrong way in this tbh lmao

Yeah i think so too, i have no idea wtf am i talking about HAHAHAH.
I think it must be the vodka smoothie i just had. How did Trump even get in aha, i am so sorry xD

FlyingJesus
03-10-2016, 06:44 PM
Dolce and Gabbana used "real people" in their menswear s/s 2013 runway show. They were still quite attractiveof course, but they were supposed to have a just off the street look rather than looking like models... and it was pretty much their worst catwalk ever :P you can't look to the fashion industry to fix things like this because their clothes aren't meant for your average Joe and Joan, they're put on lanky blank-faced models so that you don't even see the model and the clothes as separate entities. In my view the whole "real people" thing (whoever does it) is a daft marketing feature and nothing more, and shouldn't be celebrated just because it's not what other people do

To the main topic, I'd say that of course there are pros and cons to both but in generallllllllllll the cons for Western women seem to be annoyances whereas the cons for Western men are far more often life threatening

Empired
03-10-2016, 10:07 PM
Hello as a woman I actually hate positive discrimination and would consider it a con for both males and females because it's obvs biased against men but it's bad for women too as I'd constantly worry whether I deserve to be there or if I'm just the token woman being used to tick a box. I think about that a lot watchingn comedy panel shows and things.

wixard
04-10-2016, 07:07 AM
Dolce and Gabbana used "real people" in their menswear s/s 2013 runway show. They were still quite attractiveof course, but they were supposed to have a just off the street look rather than looking like models... and it was pretty much their worst catwalk ever :P you can't look to the fashion industry to fix things like this because their clothes aren't meant for your average Joe and Joan, they're put on lanky blank-faced models so that you don't even see the model and the clothes as separate entities. In my view the whole "real people" thing (whoever does it) is a daft marketing feature and nothing more, and shouldn't be celebrated just because it's not what other people do

To the main topic, I'd say that of course there are pros and cons to both but in generallllllllllll the cons for Western women seem to be annoyances whereas the cons for Western men are far more often life threatening

Can you list them for us please

FlyingJesus
04-10-2016, 03:58 PM
List what, the more dangerous sides?

- Almost no national funding for prostate cancer despite it being more prevalent than breast cancer
- Far far far higher suicide rates (over 3x), yet lack of support
- To follow on from the last point there are only 20 spaces for abused males in refuge shelters in the whole of the UK. A further 58 may be allocated to men if they're free at the time (and in some of these, being over TWELVE means you're a "man")
- Men are hugely more likely to be the victims of every kind of violent assault other than rape and yet we're told how nice it must be to be able to walk around at night safely
- 95% of workplace deaths are males
- An enormous majority of the homeless population (whose risks of being attacked in all forms are sadly ridiculously high) are males who have no family with them

These are just the potentially life threatening ones

wixard
04-10-2016, 04:11 PM
List what, the more dangerous sides?

- Almost no national funding for prostate cancer despite it being more prevalent than breast cancer
- Far far far higher suicide rates (over 3x), yet lack of support
- To follow on from the last point there are only 20 spaces for abused males in refuge shelters in the whole of the UK. A further 58 may be allocated to men if they're free at the time (and in some of these, being over TWELVE means you're a "man")
- Men are hugely more likely to be the victims of every kind of violent assault other than rape and yet we're told how nice it must be to be able to walk around at night safely
- 95% of workplace deaths are males
- An enormous majority of the homeless population (whose risks of being attacked in all forms are sadly ridiculously high) are males who have no family with them

These are just the potentially life threatening ones

well due to the ben stiller news today i've learnt that prostate cancer is more prevalent in older men (late 40s +) while breast cancer can affect younger women, and mortality rates of prostate cancer are lower

re suicide how is that a gender issue? thats a lack of mental health support in general. same goes for victims of assault, could easily change the stats to geographical or socio economical

everything you listed females experience as well, it's not gender specific. i've not even posted in this thread and nowhere in this thread have i said how females have it worse but legit all the cons you listed as life threatening for males are life threatening for females

FlyingJesus
04-10-2016, 04:18 PM
Of course they're life threatening for women too, the point being that they are MORE SO for men since they occur at far greater rates and with far less support

Empired
04-10-2016, 04:25 PM
It's silly, women and men both have our pros and cons and we all suffer from different things. Surely part of the problem though is being belittled by another group saying they somehow have it worse and we should quit complaining about nothing? There's not a lot individuals can do about a lot of the cons in this thread but I'm 100% sure women telling men (and vice versa) to suck it up cos someone else has it worse just creates resentment and discourages people from being vocal about their struggles and therefore prevents change.

FlyingJesus
04-10-2016, 04:42 PM
I don't think anyone's said anything of the sort, all problems are problems

Empired
04-10-2016, 04:44 PM
the cons for Western women seem to be annoyances whereas the cons for Western men are far more often life threatening

translation: the cons for Western women are little petty things whereas the cons for Western men are REAL problems

so shut up yes you did

buttons
04-10-2016, 04:51 PM
omg i missed that... yes women being raped and having mental health problems linked to appearance issues is a "minor annoyance" but when it happens to men its a tragedy..

FlyingJesus
04-10-2016, 05:00 PM
Well no I didn't say that it's petty or shouldn't be looked into at all so you can fuck right off with your judgements, I have enough people making shit up about me each day without you joining in

- - - Updated - - -

What I stated was a simple FACT which I backed up with my next post, you not liking it doesn't change how true it is nor does any of it mean that I don't care about anything else

Cerys
04-10-2016, 05:03 PM
How are they making stuff up when you literally typed it and posted it on a public forum for everyone to see?

FlyingJesus
04-10-2016, 05:04 PM
She made up a "translation" which was nothing like what I meant by it, I know you like being part of the cool bully gang Cerys but you don't need to hop on every time and talk nonsense

Cerys
04-10-2016, 05:09 PM
Ignoring her translation you still said womens problems are annoyances and males have the true life threatening issues.

If you cant see the problem with saying that then I have no hope

wixard
04-10-2016, 05:17 PM
fj i don't like it when people make attacks personal and yesterday's thread pissed me odd when you were getting personally attacked and it does appear like some people have a vendetta against you and will argue everything you say but at the same time calling women's issues minor annoyances is obviously gonna provoke a reaction

i thought the shelter fact was interesting so thank you (genuinely) for informing me and I would have loved to have been made aware about it without you insulting 'female' issues beforehand

i hate feeling part of a lynch mob but it's so hard when things like that are said

ps typed this on me phone one handed if it doesn't make sense deal with it

FlyingJesus
04-10-2016, 05:19 PM
I said in general, having looked at the lists people had made. Also no mention of "true" or "real" or "minor" like people are trying to pin on me. I at no point said anything about women's issues not being noteworthy, you've all managed to make that up. There is nothing wrong with stating a fact about the mortality of an issue

Empired
04-10-2016, 05:28 PM
I said in general, having looked at the lists people had made. Also no mention of "true" or "real" or "minor" like people are trying to pin on me. I at no point said anything about women's issues not being noteworthy, you've all managed to make that up. There is nothing wrong with stating a fact about the mortality of an issue
Youre saying my problems are annoying and your problems are life threatening. I am joining no lynch mob or whatever you want to accuse me of, I see what people say to you and I normally disagree but I find what you said in this thread absurd and highly offensive. Even if you didn't mean to your words left me feeling belittled and silly, and instead of clarifying you just start denying and accusing.

FlyingJesus
04-10-2016, 05:31 PM
I didn't say yours and mine or anything like it, I'm pretty sure I don't have cancer and I'm not homeless so it's nothing to do with individuals. I for one don't think of all men as one block and all women as another, so unless you do there's no insult to take. What I said, _all_ I said, is that the inequalities against males in Western society are more life threatening, which is true. I did not say that women have nothing to worry about ever or that any worries you have aren't important - if I thought that, I'd have said that. I'm sorry that you felt bad because of my post but that's from reading more into it than the words

e5
04-10-2016, 07:52 PM

pros of being female

cons of being female-

pros of being a man
-

cons of being a man

Pretty bang on with these

-:Undertaker:-
05-10-2016, 04:41 AM
hmmm for me it's fact i can get easy relatively quickly to a woman. also men seem to be able to mend relationships/let things pass easier. me and my friends have had drunken fights and the night after it's like lolz soz and we carry on. women seem to hold stuff for longer

also no periods is a big plus i cba with that every month

05-10-2016, 08:39 PM
might find this interestin
buttons;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGpZSefYvwM

FlyingJesus
05-10-2016, 09:20 PM
How cute is that clerk though immediately changing to "one moment, sir" when she's passed the medical note

wixard
05-10-2016, 09:22 PM
How cute is that clerk though immediately changing to "one moment, sir" when she's passed the medical note

i know!

i found the whole thing uncomfortable to watch and felt bad for those involved

FlyingJesus
05-10-2016, 09:27 PM
It's basically just "if you lie to doctors you can get stuff that you don't need"

wixard
05-10-2016, 09:58 PM
It's basically just "if you lie to doctors you can get stuff that you don't need"

yea and the clerk lady just doing her job and because she knows if she doesn't that shit gonna blow up on social media and she'll have her car keyed or you know SHE MIGHT JUST LIKE TO BE NICE AND COURTEOUS OF OTHER PEOPLE TOO

it's just crazy left and crazy right being crazy

thms
05-10-2016, 10:51 PM
translation: the cons for Western women are little petty things whereas the cons for Western men are REAL problems

so shut up yes you did

WIG SNATCHED

FlyingJesus
05-10-2016, 11:49 PM
Making shit up that hasn't been said isn't a wig snatch

Empired
06-10-2016, 05:52 AM
yea and the clerk lady just doing her job and because she knows if she doesn't that shit gonna blow up on social media and she'll have her car keyed or you know SHE MIGHT JUST LIKE TO BE NICE AND COURTEOUS OF OTHER PEOPLE TOO

it's just crazy left and crazy right being crazy
Yes cos right at the end the lady literally says "you can intimidate doctors into giving you a note" which was pretty key for me?? Didn't think this was about gender in particular but just shows you can bully doctors into doing what you want if you push hard enough.

Inseriousity.
06-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Pros of being a man

- Definitely get the better deal with reproduction.
- More likely to be taken seriously, treated like an equal. For example: assertive behaviour is not seen as being bossy but admired.
- Men do not reach their "best-before date" at age 35.
- Urinals and very very rarely having to queue for a toilet. See also: being able to stand up and pee.
- Windmilling. Lol it's really funny.

Cons of being a man

- Getting it caught in a zip. Ouch, not so funny.
- Women have their "girl power" and that's great but it does seem like "men's issues" are mocked or it's just like "no no no females are the real victims of this patriarchal society, check your privilege."
- The more male habit of pride/bottling things up is incredibly annoying.
- How the word "man" is used to mean a very macho, hypermasculine version and anything less means you're not a man. If I want to watch cheesy Disney films, I've still got a penis, you ******.
- The pressure to lose your virginity and "pull"
- On a similar note, this stereotype that all men think about is sex. "They're only interested in one thing"
- The people that live up to this stereotype dragging the rest of the male gender down in the gutter.
- On an even more serious note, this unspoken suspicion/taboo at the back of people's mind that any men that has a job involving children must be a paedophile.

Lol this long list makes it sound like I hate being a man but I love it and I'll tell you why

Cons of being a woman

- PERIODS, MENOPAUSE, BIRTH.
- The pressure to be beautiful and stay that way.
- Your shoes have to match your bag or something stupid like that.
- Having to avoid the "Mean Girls" clique. I think men are more likely to be laidback and less bitchy.
- Having to be [or the pressure to be] "ladylike" [this includes not being able to sleep around without being judged]
- The pressure to marry and settle down.
- Motherhood [not being a mother itself but how all women are expected to love it and bend over backwards for their kids whereas dads are able to be more hands off. The con for men here is that they get treated really badly in the family courts]

Pros of being a woman

- You can deploy the girly charm to be sneaky and get ahead if you really wanted to. Flutter the eyelashes, flash some cleavage. Get served at bar quicker. That sort of thing. [Con here is that female achievements are usually thought to be because of this rather than actual talent and being the best person].
- The girl power/sisterhood vibe. Girls got to stick together. Women attacking other women happens a lot and it can be a curse but generally speaking, I think the whole "girl power" thing is quite nice.
- Generally seen as more caring and approachable.

Empired
06-10-2016, 04:51 PM
Inseriousity.; that's a very eloquent list you've got there and I think everything u mentioned is spot on. Particularly the sisterhood thing - if a girl runs into a bathroom crying she's followed by a whole group of other girls telling her she's beautiful and she was too good for the guy who rejected her anyway, but if a man did that he'd be committing social suicide

dbgtz
06-10-2016, 05:09 PM
Pros of being a man

- Definitely get the better deal with reproduction.
- More likely to be taken seriously, treated like an equal. For example: assertive behaviour is not seen as being bossy but admired.
- Men do not reach their "best-before date" at age 35.
- Urinals and very very rarely having to queue for a toilet. See also: being able to stand up and pee.
- Windmilling. Lol it's really funny.

Cons of being a man

- Getting it caught in a zip. Ouch, not so funny.
- Women have their "girl power" and that's great but it does seem like "men's issues" are mocked or it's just like "no no no females are the real victims of this patriarchal society, check your privilege."
- The more male habit of pride/bottling things up is incredibly annoying.
- How the word "man" is used to mean a very macho, hypermasculine version and anything less means you're not a man. If I want to watch cheesy Disney films, I've still got a penis, you ******.
- The pressure to lose your virginity and "pull"
- On a similar note, this stereotype that all men think about is sex. "They're only interested in one thing"
- The people that live up to this stereotype dragging the rest of the male gender down in the gutter.
- On an even more serious note, this unspoken suspicion/taboo at the back of people's mind that any men that has a job involving children must be a paedophile.

Lol this long list makes it sound like I hate being a man but I love it and I'll tell you why

Cons of being a woman

- PERIODS, MENOPAUSE, BIRTH.
- The pressure to be beautiful and stay that way.
- Your shoes have to match your bag or something stupid like that.
- Having to avoid the "Mean Girls" clique. I think men are more likely to be laidback and less bitchy.
- Having to be [or the pressure to be] "ladylike" [this includes not being able to sleep around without being judged]
- The pressure to marry and settle down.
- Motherhood [not being a mother itself but how all women are expected to love it and bend over backwards for their kids whereas dads are able to be more hands off. The con for men here is that they get treated really badly in the family courts]

Pros of being a woman

- You can deploy the girly charm to be sneaky and get ahead if you really wanted to. Flutter the eyelashes, flash some cleavage. Get served at bar quicker. That sort of thing. [Con here is that female achievements are usually thought to be because of this rather than actual talent and being the best person].
- The girl power/sisterhood vibe. Girls got to stick together. Women attacking other women happens a lot and it can be a curse but generally speaking, I think the whole "girl power" thing is quite nice.
- Generally seen as more caring and approachable.

Do you not think men also have the pressure to be "beautiful"?

Inseriousity.
06-10-2016, 05:27 PM
I think young men have pressure to be buff and toned as part of the macho culture I mentioned but men overall, no I think men are allowed to grow old as normal and are generally given more leeway in terms of appearance.

Thank you Alicia, yeah I got bored lol

07-10-2016, 10:33 PM
I think people should be pressured to look good tbh.

Have you seen how some people let themselves go? Shoot me if I reach 30, develop a beer belly and start wearing trainers+blue jeans.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!