PDA

View Full Version : Forum Suggestions

scottish
03-10-2016, 06:00 PM
Since all our posts magically disappeared I'll try to remember this again

Yes lads we've finally got the likes system, good job.

Themes/Skins

I think we mostly agreed we want to clear out all the old skins and focus on 2 Non-Habbo skins and 2 Habbo skins, whether this includes a mixture of new and old (at least 1 new of each type) or not is up for discussion, but we definitely need at least 2 new skins.

Part of this would be removing all older skins so only these 4 skins would be active going forward

Arcade

We would like this to be actively maintained including regular game updates, regular tournaments, etc.

Rules

I believe a clean up of the rules has been done so they are a bit more relaxed on off-topic posting now, good job.

Categories

The categories needs to be cleaned up including merging some categories and getting rid of others.

Habbox Announcements, Job Openings, Development Announcements should be merged using prefixes for the relevant sections
Online Games and Console and Computer Gaming can be merged again using prefixes for relevant sections
Sports / Fashion, Hair & Clothes and I'm sure there's others can be merged into discuss anything and possible prefixes if necessary
Habbox VIP Forums removed and the necessary threads added to Habbox Feedback.

I'm sure there's others I think Absently; may have mentioned some, so feel free to suggest other ones.

Stickies/Announcements

These needs to be brought up to date, removed if not necessary and just a general cleanup on all stickies.

Shop Update

Shop needs to be updated with more items, some examples may be;
- Increased avatar size
- Italic username
- Bold username
- Shadowed username
- Underlined username
- Glowing username
- 30000 other customisations on usernames
- Profile customisations if we can re-enable this

Any other thoughts or comments on the above?

scottish
04-10-2016, 08:31 PM
Empired;

x-s-x
04-10-2016, 08:59 PM
It sounds good to me

Expling
04-10-2016, 09:02 PM
merging announcements/job openings/dev announcements with prefixes would be so ugly I'd hate it
as for the others sure because they're relatively similar but it'd really be up to forum staff

I don't get why everyone wants rid of VIP forum because it wouldn't make a massive difference anyway, new people wouldn't notice it not being there if that makes sense
doesn't affect me if it's removed either tho

and for the shop stuff wouldn't a coder need to look into coding that??

scottish
04-10-2016, 09:14 PM
merging announcements/job openings/dev announcements with prefixes would be so ugly I'd hate it
as for the others sure because they're relatively similar but it'd really be up to forum staff

I don't get why everyone wants rid of VIP forum because it wouldn't make a massive difference anyway, new people wouldn't notice it not being there if that makes sense
doesn't affect me if it's removed either tho

and for the shop stuff wouldn't a coder need to look into coding that??

VIP forum is useless and as its a whole section it takes up a good portion of the page.

not really that much coding to it tbh, should be rather simple.

thatc00lgirl
05-10-2016, 03:11 AM
Ooo the shop update sounds fun!
I'd like to have glowing usernames or other customizations done to it.
Could we also do some permanent customizations instead?
Maybe some limited edition ones that would be on for a while, and maybe some basic ones.
It'll be nice (:

scottish
06-10-2016, 08:39 PM
Empired; would be nice if you replied.

dbgtz
06-10-2016, 09:04 PM
I actually agree with mattg on merging Habbox Announcements, Job Openings and Development Announcements. Not only would it look shit it just makes information harder to find. It doesn't matter if these forums are bare at the end of the day.
I can see merging the games ones but why would you merge sports with fashion? That makes no sense.

I also don't understand the push to remove skins.

scottish
06-10-2016, 09:08 PM
I actually agree with mattg on merging Habbox Announcements, Job Openings and Development Announcements. Not only would it look shit it just makes information harder to find. It doesn't matter if these forums are bare at the end of the day.
I can see merging the games ones but why would you merge sports with fashion? That makes no sense.

I also don't understand the push to remove skins.

It's not merging sports with fashion.

Its merging sports and fashion with the General Discussion, as these fall under general discussion/discuss anything kind of forum.

Feel free to disagree it was just my take after looking at the main page for 30 seconds, I'm sure Absently; mentioned some but I forgot what.

dbgtz
06-10-2016, 09:10 PM
It's not merging sports with fashion.

Its merging sports and fashion with the General Discussion, as these fall under general discussion/discuss anything kind of forum.

Feel free to disagree it was just my take after looking at the main page for 30 seconds, I'm sure Absently; mentioned some but I forgot what.

Oh I did misread it fair enough. I still don't think it should be merged under general.

Empired
06-10-2016, 09:11 PM
I don't really care either way but I do think merging them and having prefixes would be ugly. If everyone disagreed with me and wanted them merging then I would do so happily but it seems most want them to remain separate.

scottish
06-10-2016, 09:13 PM
Online Games and Console and Computer Gaming can be merged again using prefixes for relevant sections
Habbox VIP Forums removed and the necessary threads added to Habbox Feedback.

From that section still stands though.

lawrawrrr
06-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Prefixes are so ugly!

scottish
06-10-2016, 09:26 PM
Not on a good looking skin ;)

Empired
06-10-2016, 09:29 PM
Don't get too attached, you never know what might get swept away in the cleanup to make things look neater :o

lawrawrrr
06-10-2016, 09:29 PM
Shop Update

Shop needs to be updated with more items, some examples may be;
- Increased avatar size
- Italic username
- Bold username
- Shadowed username
- Underlined username
- Glowing username
- 30000 other customisations on usernames
- Profile customisations if we can re-enable this

Any other thoughts or comments on the above?
I've been managing the shop lately - the problem is the coding of these really - wouldn't we need a usergroup for each VIP being underlined/glowing? And other customisations? Chippie used to help out doing these but since we've lost him it's pretty much been a stall. I've asked in threads before when you've brought this up if you or someone can help out with the coding of this for the backend so it can be implemented.

When Alicia first started we briefly talked about a revamp of the shop and adding a lot more things/better things but it hasn't come back up as there's been more pressing matters (getting mods, getting mods doing things etc).

How do people feel about profile customisations btw I'm actually kinda wanting them tbh

- - - Updated - - -

ye on every skin the forum just looks like its got TOO MANY WORDS IN

scottish
06-10-2016, 09:31 PM
I was implying a new skin :P

Chris
06-10-2016, 09:32 PM
I don't get the need to cut down on the forums. Change for the sake of change?

scottish
06-10-2016, 09:33 PM
I've been managing the shop lately - the problem is the coding of these really - wouldn't we need a usergroup for each VIP being underlined/glowing? And other customisations? Chippie used to help out doing these but since we've lost him it's pretty much been a stall. I've asked in threads before when you've brought this up if you or someone can help out with the coding of this for the backend so it can be implemented.

When Alicia first started we briefly talked about a revamp of the shop and adding a lot more things/better things but it hasn't come back up as there's been more pressing matters (getting mods, getting mods doing things etc).

How do people feel about profile customisations btw I'm actually kinda wanting them tbh

Never looked that much into it, I would have to see the system to know how it's implemented on vB.

Get matt to set up a test forum or let me tv him and see it then I'll let you know.

I don't mind them as long as I have the ability to turn it off ultimately.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get the need to cut down on the forums. Change for the sake of change?

No a forum with 40 forums is ugly, tacky and confusing for newer users (then subforums just gets worse) imho.

lawrawrrr
06-10-2016, 09:49 PM
In my opinion dev/announcements can be merged but not CNB as some people mute that as they don't want to know when events are on. Apart from sport most of the other subforums are used though, keeps them separate for people only interested in a certain topic whereas they can't unsub from a prefix?

Possibly some games and the tech forums could be merged up though as well

David
06-10-2016, 10:19 PM
keeps them separate for people only interested in a certain topic whereas they can't unsub from a prefix?

You can view only a selected prefix though

Prefixes are so ugly!
Its css, they can look better than bolded in brackets.

Let me disable viewing everyones and idc

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

lawrawrrr
06-10-2016, 10:25 PM
You can view only a selected prefix though

Its css, they can look better than bolded in brackets.

Let me disable viewing everyones and idc

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
well, noone would force you to go on people's profiles! Would let us do like cute profile competitions etc though, which might be a nice lil idea :)

With prefixes, you can display them other ways???? I suppose it's just code but it's quite limited isnt it?

I think the majority of people will be blocking one or two forums rather than just viewing one or two

buttons
06-10-2016, 10:30 PM
were you around when we had vip+? people used to do it, i remember brandon had the UGLIEST profile ever (on purpose) but hey im all for ppl being able to express emselves x

lawrawrrr
06-10-2016, 10:31 PM
were you around when we had vip+? people used to do it, i remember brandon had the UGLIEST profile ever (on purpose) but hey im all for ppl being able to express emselves x
no that was before my time unfortunately :( I remember someone, maybe Oli? having a different font on his profile though and asking how he did it!

scottish
06-10-2016, 10:40 PM
well, noone would force you to go on people's profiles! Would let us do like cute profile competitions etc though, which might be a nice lil idea :)

With prefixes, you can display them other ways???? I suppose it's just code but it's quite limited isnt it?

I think the majority of people will be blocking one or two forums rather than just viewing one or two

Ability for users to disable it is standard I believe so it shouldn't be an issue, we can look into it tomorrow m8

add it to the list

David
06-10-2016, 10:41 PM

you can do whatever you want

http://i.imgur.com/LoHpOFd.gif

Martin
06-10-2016, 10:55 PM
I remember briefly being able to customise my profile page once (although I don't think it was because of VIP+), and I quite enjoyed it haha!

buttons
06-10-2016, 11:16 PM
hmm suggestion...... every1 have the same sig as me..... bring all the new members in

despect
06-10-2016, 11:30 PM
Customised profiles sounds so cool, I think it'd be fun and lets face it everyone will be viewing each others profiles just to see what they've done to it. I think Mrs_Plant; mentioned some really cool ideas too but I think because the forum breaking (R.I.P) it deleted her post. If she can remember it I'm sure she'll post soon. :D

scottish
22-11-2016, 11:01 PM
Bump for new management

Chris
24-11-2016, 03:31 PM
Arcade tournament coming soon
No category changes coming, fine as they are at the moment
Stickies will be cleared out and updated
Shop updates also coming soon

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!