PDA

View Full Version : bigger avatars

buttons
03-10-2016, 08:23 PM
can we have bigger avatars or am i pushing my luck lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

https://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=764981& @Catchy (https://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=59974);

INIT I SWEAR HABBOX ARE ALWAYS BEHIND WITH THE TIMES TBH
catchy 2012

lets merge with hffm !!11 *+*+
david 2012

xxMATTGxx
03-10-2016, 08:28 PM
I guess the most logical solution to this would be to be only have the "left" postbit style and then we can have bigger avatars. I think that would be okay - Maybe.

scottish
03-10-2016, 08:29 PM
I guess the most logical solution to this would be to be only have the "left" postbit style and then we can have bigger avatars. I think that would be okay - Maybe.

yes it would.

it should also be buyable item in the shop too imo

Catchy
03-10-2016, 08:33 PM
why is my signature really small????

j0rd
03-10-2016, 08:33 PM
we're on a roll with modernising so lets do it
can we also have graphic usernames while we're at it

scottish
03-10-2016, 08:34 PM
because you copied a really small image pal

David
03-10-2016, 08:45 PM
well, if we do have left post bit, avatars could be slightly longer and look nicer. but i'm not bothered about that.
i'd like to see left postbit as default though, i've been using it for years and it's just much nicer to look at.

we're on a roll with modernising so lets do it
can we also have graphic usernames while we're at it

are u being sarcastic
by graphic do u mean violent or do you mean images

bobba market used to have a custom plugin for image usernames, i thought it was cool at the time but it really just makes the place messy.

j0rd
03-10-2016, 08:47 PM
well, if we do have left post bit, avatars could be slightly longer and look nicers. but i'm not bothered about that.
i'd like to see left postbit as default though, i've been using it for years and it's just much nicer to look at.

are u being sarcastic
by graphic do u mean violent or do you mean images

bobba market used to have a custom plugin for image usernames, i thought it was cool at the time but it really just makes the place messy.

half and half
actually seen some sick examples of it done properly, not the abominations on bm. just make it super expensive in the shop to filter out the noobs

buttons
03-10-2016, 08:49 PM
half and half
actually seen some sick examples of it done properly, not the abominations on bm. just make it super expensive in the shop to filter out the noobs
wtf show me examples

David
03-10-2016, 08:52 PM
i think it was limited to one of the more expensive usergroups on bm, but people were allowed to choose their own very poorly designed images.

if it were added here (hope not) i'd suggest limiting the designs severely as not to look ugly.

dbgtz
03-10-2016, 08:53 PM
Sort of unrelated but is there a poll (or any data) showing if people use the top or left style?

David
03-10-2016, 08:54 PM
Sort of unrelated but is there a poll (or any data) showing if people use the top or left style?

it will be bias towards the default of top post bit if there is/was a poll

xxMATTGxx
03-10-2016, 08:55 PM

This was from a few years ago but the "top" post bit is on by default I believe.

https://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=811429&highlight=postbit

scottish
03-10-2016, 09:00 PM
force left and leave it sorted ;)

Chris
03-10-2016, 09:34 PM
Dont even think about removing top postbit

Red
03-10-2016, 09:36 PM
Prefer to keep them the size they are and that like system looks brutal. Is there no way to attach it to the post, why do we need sep boxes after each post. Takes up so much space.

Alkaz
03-10-2016, 09:37 PM
Buy a left postbit skin that everyone loves and will use and change the rules. Anyone using another skin will have to deal with it haha #yolo

Also Im with Red, cant the like system go whwre the quote buttons are? Kinda looks ugly rn.

Empired
03-10-2016, 09:37 PM
Seconded! I'd be so uncomfortable switching.

scottish
03-10-2016, 09:46 PM

it's ugly

- - - Updated - - -

Prefer to keep them the size they are and that like system looks brutal. Is there no way to attach it to the post, why do we need sep boxes after each post. Takes up so much space.

doesn't take that much space and it'll be changed when we get pro

- - - Updated - - -

Buy a left postbit skin that everyone loves and will use and change the rules. Anyone using another skin will have to deal with it haha #yolo

Also Im with Red, cant the like system go whwre the quote buttons are? Kinda looks ugly rn.

yes

- - - Updated - - -

Seconded! I'd be so uncomfortable switching.

tough you need to move with the times m8

Empired
03-10-2016, 09:50 PM
? Me having my postbit at the top makes absolutely no difference to you whatsoever.

FlyingJesus
03-10-2016, 09:51 PM
Forum's been made ugly enough this week without throwing everything to the side and stretching it out. Wouldn't be particularly bothered about bigger avatars but having the whole postbit over there is just no. Which means it's prob gonna happen

Catchy
03-10-2016, 09:53 PM
can we not have longer avatars? sort of like this

---------------------------------------

-------------------------------

Empired
03-10-2016, 09:53 PM
Forum's been made ugly enough this week without throwing everything to the side and stretching it out. Wouldn't be particularly bothered about bigger avatars but having the whole postbit over there is just no. Which means it's prob gonna happen
No I'm also averse to it... as are a few other people from what I can see? I have no argument if we want to see the default to left postbit but see no valid reason whatsoever for top postbit to be removed.

scottish
03-10-2016, 09:54 PM
it does if we want to make larger avatars as top post bit ruins the prospect of larger avatars.

- - - Updated - - -

has to happen now.

FlyingJesus
03-10-2016, 09:55 PM
What could you possibly need an avatar that big for Jacob it's an icon by your name not a school photo

scottish
03-10-2016, 09:56 PM
No I'm also averse to it... as are a few other people from what I can see? I have no argument if we want to see the default to left postbit but see no valid reason whatsoever for top postbit to be removed.

a larger avatar on the left postbit looks normal, it would look silly on top postbit as it'll drag the postbit and look massive.

Empired
03-10-2016, 09:57 PM
a larger avatar on the left postbit looks normal, it would look silly on top postbit as it'll drag the postbit and look massive.
Why do we need larger avatars

scottish
03-10-2016, 09:59 PM
because people in the thread requested it

FlyingJesus
Do we also then have vertical signatures so it boxes the text in or is having an ugly L of random gifs around your post the preference here

buttons
it looks modern and cool x

FlyingJesus
03-10-2016, 10:00 PM
No it looks shit

scottish
03-10-2016, 10:00 PM
Do we also then have vertical signatures so it boxes the text in or is having an ugly L of random gifs around your post the preference here

don't be silly.

FlyingJesus
03-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Well it would have to be one of those two

scottish
03-10-2016, 10:02 PM
don't be silly @ vertical signatures.

it would be L

Chris
03-10-2016, 10:06 PM
The big arse avatars you see on other habbo forums look awful. Just because we changed one thing it doesn't mean we need to open the flood gates and change everything

buttons
03-10-2016, 10:10 PM
wee avatars look ugly x am modern hip cool

FlyingJesus
03-10-2016, 10:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2BGScAD.png

so modern so beautiful so sleek so user friendly +rep like

Red
it's ugly

- - - Updated - - -

doesn't take that much space and it'll be changed when we get pro

- - - Updated - - -

yes

- - - Updated - - -

tough you need to move with the times m8

yes it does. It's unsightly and takes u too much space as it is without a list of names liking posts added into the mix. Can we not just have the thumb button where rep used to be?! Bigger avatars look stupid, are also unsightly and nothing modern about them, and people shouldn't have their top postbit removed if that's what they are used to having.

xxMATTGxx

Why would it look like that? You're off your head.

scottish
03-10-2016, 10:13 PM

the thread is about increasing the avatar size limit, not adding the ability to remove everything from your postbit and adding 5 avatars.

so no.

buttons
wow that lewk gawjiz x

Absently
i feel like we're gonna just morph into hffm soon enough!

scottish
03-10-2016, 10:14 PM
yes it does. It's unsightly and takes u too much space as it is without a list of names liking posts added into the mix. Can we not just have the thumb button where rep used to be?! Bigger avatars look stupid, are also unsightly and nothing modern about them, and people shouldn't have their top postbit removed if that's what they are used to having.

you must be using 800x600 resolution if it takes up that much space then.

xxMATTGxx
03-10-2016, 10:14 PM

The like system was explained in another thread and the announcement. It's not staying where it is.

Red
03-10-2016, 10:16 PM
you must be using 800x600 resolution if it takes up that much space then.

I use my phone to browse the forum?

David
03-10-2016, 10:18 PM
I use my phone to browse the forum?

you're using a desktop skin on a mobile?

Matthew.
03-10-2016, 10:19 PM
Can we not just have the thumb button where rep used to be?!

It is going to be integrated into the posts! Just in the first steps of the like system :)

FlyingJesus
03-10-2016, 10:22 PM
Why would it look like that? You're off your head.

Why would it not if the avatar's long and at the side and the signature's long and at the bottom? It's obviously an exaggeration but either way it's utterly disgusting unnecessary

the thread is about increasing the avatar size limit, not adding the ability to remove everything from your postbit and adding 5 avatars.

so no.

That would be 1 long avatar, didn't think it would need explaining...

Red
03-10-2016, 10:24 PM
can we not have longer avatars? sort of like this

---------------------------------------

-------------------------------

Ones that take up the entire screen lmao

http://i66.tinypic.com/b5s700.png

- - - Updated - - -

you're using a desktop skin on a mobile?
Yes don't like the mobile skins!!

buttons
03-10-2016, 10:26 PM
sum1 gny put ma av like this http://www.hffmforum.co.uk/customavatars/avatar35653_2.gif

just ti test x
snp roolz

David
03-10-2016, 10:28 PM
Yes don't like the mobile skins!!

use tapatalk? or disable avatars and signatures in your settings?

you can't really complain when you're using non-habbo light on your mobile tbh

- - - Updated - - -

sum1 gny put ma av like this http://www.hffmforum.co.uk/customavatars/avatar35653_2.gif

just ti test x
snp roolz

av got signatures disabled but here

http://i.imgur.com/cRjDmhh.png

Red
03-10-2016, 10:31 PM
No because I want to be able to see them and I don't like tapatalk or I would use it :S you don't get the full features with it and it's fine to browse using it atm.

buttons
03-10-2016, 10:33 PM
[/FONT][/COLOR]use tapatalk? or disable avatars and signatures in your settings?

- - - Updated - - -

gawjiz thx master

despect
03-10-2016, 11:06 PM
[/FONT][/COLOR]use tapatalk? or disable avatars and signatures in your settings?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay yeah I prefer it like that. Im all for it!

Earthquake
03-10-2016, 11:15 PM
bigger avatars and bring back rep but overhaul it completely, so its prettier and modern

David
03-10-2016, 11:23 PM
bring back rep but overhaul it completely, so its prettier and modern

do you mean a like system
pretty sure you mean a like system

we have a like system

Earthquake
03-10-2016, 11:25 PM
pretty sure I do not mean a like system, what is this facebook? hffm? be original for god sake.

FlyingJesus
04-10-2016, 12:15 AM
Careful Damien, you're not allowed to oppose the three stooges and their campaign to do nothing of value to anyone but themselves

buttons
04-10-2016, 12:17 AM
YAWN
only us 3 that wnts to improve anything even tho it wasnt us that brought it up x

also look around majority wanted rep and a lot are for the gender forums so hows it only benefit us

FlyingJesus
04-10-2016, 12:18 AM
Change isn't the same as improve, and if you really think that then it just shows how utterly out of touch you are with what's actually going on at Habbox

buttons
04-10-2016, 12:18 AM
how r u saying we only want to improve for ourselves when others wanted the same? did we brainwash them all?

FlyingJesus
04-10-2016, 12:22 AM
It's not the numbers, it's the fact that you can't and never have been able to handle people not thinking the same way as you, so anyone who doesn't want what you want you say is against "improvements" (despite them clearly not being such) and then have the sense of self importance to claim that only you three are doing any sort of work for this site

buttons
04-10-2016, 12:25 AM
It's not the numbers, it's the fact that you can't and never have been able to handle people not thinking the same way as you, so anyone who doesn't want what you want you say is against "improvements" (despite them clearly not being such) and then have the sense of self importance to claim that only you three are doing any sort of work for this site
err hilarious im sure theres more ppl here hwo would say YOU cant handle people thinking te same was as u
also i DID NOT say us 3 are doing any sort of work for this site wtf!
i said "only us 3 that wnts to improve anything" as SARCASM as its obvious many others wanted to change the forum

also dont put words into damiens mouth we r m8z he dont care that much about the forum
done with u ya bore

Gina
04-10-2016, 12:31 AM

- - - Updated - - -

when u mentioned it i was like wtf but now i seen this i really like it lmao i think it looks gd!! id be up for that
cute
imo it looks better

FlyingJesus
04-10-2016, 12:37 AM
Soz everything I said was sarcasm I can't believe you didn't get that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/738/025/db0.jpg

If people think that of me they're free to but they're quite obviously wrong since I deal with people having different ideas to me every day aaaaaaaaaand didn't put anything in his mouth (as I'm sure he's quite happy about) so no idea what you're on about there. More poison as usual, you were "done" with this forum about 3 years ago apparently too

Gina
04-10-2016, 12:41 AM
More poison as usual, you were "done" with this forum about 3 years ago apparently too
i dont think jen is poison! i think she lovely
a nice fresh glass of orange squash

FlyingJesus
04-10-2016, 12:42 AM
For as long as you agree with her

buttons
04-10-2016, 12:45 AM
plenty of ma m8z disagreed with like system/gender forums etc! just don't like when ppl twist my words or accuse me of only caring about myself. i have never and would never have any reason to dislike/attack gina simply for disagreeing with me so please don't suggest to her that i would.

FlyingJesus
04-10-2016, 12:47 AM
Yeah wouldn't people suggesting things about people that aren't true, who would do that sort of thing

e5
04-10-2016, 05:55 AM
I've only ever used left post bit & I'd love a bigger avatar

scottish
04-10-2016, 07:24 AM
pretty sure I do not mean a like system, what is this facebook? hffm? be original for god sake.

rep isn't original, rep is on every single vbulletin forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Careful Damien, you're not allowed to oppose the three stooges and their campaign to do nothing of value to anyone but themselves

what was the vote, 65% in favour of likes and 25% in favour of rep?

must just be us 3.

thatc00lgirl
05-10-2016, 02:59 AM
Could our usernames have different fonts? xD

Nick
05-10-2016, 10:44 AM
Could our usernames have different fonts? xD

possible but would make everything look tacky

thatc00lgirl
05-10-2016, 11:47 AM
possible but would make everything look tacky

Oh yeah thinking about it through now, it would. Or maybe we could change a font once every 6 months or a year?
Then everyone gets to enjoy it together :D

buttons
05-10-2016, 11:57 AM
what if there was an option to buy it in the shop or something, like 2 weeks at a time, that way ppl can get it as a treat and not make the forum look ugly permanently

Elegance
05-10-2016, 12:03 PM
yes please to avatar sizes from me, whenever i go on other habbo forums and they have nice big avatars that fill up all the blank space on the postbit i always wish habbox would do that :(

also as for the like system can we have something like on thestudentroom (maybe not as big as that one) where it's a nice button that matches the forum skin so everything looks prettttyyyyy

scottish
05-10-2016, 12:27 PM
yes please to avatar sizes from me, whenever i go on other habbo forums and they have nice big avatars that fill up all the blank space on the postbit i always wish habbox would do that :(

also as for the like system can we have something like on thestudentroom (maybe not as big as that one) where it's a nice button that matches the forum skin so everything looks prettttyyyyy

likes will have better integration soon :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!