PDA

View Full Version : bon iver - 22, a million

Elegance
04-10-2016, 08:57 PM
https://open.spotify.com/album/1PgfRdl3lPyACfUGH4pquG

anyone listened to this album??? v good, a true masterpiece!!! i would suggest it to anyone who hasn't listened already

i love all bon iver but my favs from the album are "33 "GOD"", "00000 million" and "10 d E A T h b R E a s T"
geo;

thatc00lgirl
05-10-2016, 03:25 AM
Ah thanks for posting this!
I've never heard of him? them? but i like the chill vibes.
I thought they were going to be all rock and all but i've taken a liking to it!
ROSIE "00000 million" IS SO NICE Elegance;

Elegance
05-10-2016, 07:40 AM
Ah thanks for posting this!
I've never heard of him? them? but i like the chill vibes.
I thought they were going to be all rock and all but i've taken a liking to it!
ROSIE "00000 million" IS SO NICE @Elegance (https://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=78221);

i'm so surprised you've never heard of him!! he originally wrote "skinny love" if you know that song, birdy did a cover of it which is really quite popular. you should take a listen to some other stuff by him if you like it!! the previous albums are a lottttt more chill and acoustic and they always help me fall asleep :')

here are some of my old faves:
wash.
blood bank
flume
holocene
for emma
re: stacks

thatc00lgirl
05-10-2016, 11:38 AM
i'm so surprised you've never heard of him!! he originally wrote "skinny love" if you know that song, birdy did a cover of it which is really quite popular. you should take a listen to some other stuff by him if you like it!! the previous albums are a lottttt more chill and acoustic and they always help me fall asleep :')

here are some of my old faves:
wash.
blood bank
flume
holocene
for emma
re: stacks

Ooo so it was him who wrote "Skinny Love"? I LOVE that song!
Yeah now that you said it, it actually put me to a nap this afternoon, while listening to his album "For Emma, Forever Go".
I was supposed to be helping Cameron with some room building but i just disconnected and fell asleep xD
Yessss, Flume slays!
I am more to edm genres and some pop and r&b so i tend to miss out on the rest.
Currently listening to all the old songs like:
- Foolish by Ashanti
- I Wanna Love You by Akon
- I Hate This Part by the Pussycat Dolls

If you love Bon Iver, maybe you can check out Hasley & Childish Gambino too :D

Elegance
05-10-2016, 11:47 AM
Ooo so it was him who wrote "Skinny Love"? I LOVE that song!
Yeah now that you said it, it actually put me to a nap this afternoon, while listening to his album "For Emma, Forever Go".
I was supposed to be helping Cameron with some room building but i just disconnected and fell asleep xD
Yessss, Flume slays!
I am more to edm genres and some pop and r&b so i tend to miss out on the rest.
Currently listening to all the old songs like:
- Foolish by Ashanti
- I Wanna Love You by Akon
- I Hate This Part by the Pussycat Dolls

If you love Bon Iver, maybe you can check out Hasley & Childish Gambino too :D

i love halsey and gambino!

my forum avatar prior to this one was actually a piece of fan art of halsey, i love her!! gambino is great too, i discovered him cus he used to play my favourite character in a tv show called community and then i checked out his music after i googled him hahahaha yesss both v good artists

thatc00lgirl
05-10-2016, 11:51 AM
i love halsey and gambino!

my forum avatar prior to this one was actually a piece of fan art of halsey, i love her!! gambino is great too, i discovered him cus he used to play my favourite character in a tv show called community and then i checked out his music after i googled him hahahaha yesss both v good artists

I found Hasley through the movie " The Huntsman: Winter's War " and Gambino through a friend. " Heartbeat " by Gambino is
often on repeat on my Spotify xD I really like Hasley's album " THE BADLANDS ". Do you know Hobbie Stuart? His covers are
just x)

Elegance
05-10-2016, 12:08 PM
I found Hasley through the movie " The Huntsman: Winter's War " and Gambino through a friend. " Heartbeat " by Gambino is
often on repeat on my Spotify xD I really like Hasley's album " THE BADLANDS ". Do you know Hobbie Stuart? His covers are
just x)

i found halsey back in 2013 (what a throwback) cus she used to be friends with 5 seconds of summer, she went by the name of ashley frangipane then only really ever posted covers and she had about 2 acoustic tracks on spotify which i think are still available but i really adore her style and i think her voice suits it very well!

never heard of hobbie stuart but i'll make sure to give him a listen :)

thatc00lgirl
05-10-2016, 02:53 PM
i found halsey back in 2013 (what a throwback) cus she used to be friends with 5 seconds of summer, she went by the name of ashley frangipane then only really ever posted covers and she had about 2 acoustic tracks on spotify which i think are still available but i really adore her style and i think her voice suits it very well!

never heard of hobbie stuart but i'll make sure to give him a listen :)

Is Ashley Frangipane her real name?
YAS PLEASE DO. You'll love his cover of Skinny Love :D

x-s-x
05-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Such a lovely voice :) Some of the song names are giving me OCD lol! Elegance;

lawrawrrr
05-10-2016, 07:02 PM
I am the BIGGEST Bon Iver fan and I was so looking forward to this!!

It's quite different to their old music and I'm really struggling with the track names (aaaaah l33t speak) but I actually love the feel of it so much. They feel a lot more disturbed than some of their old music, bit dark at times which is totally up my road. The only one I don't like is the one that swears (says the F word repeatedly) because I'm a totally innocent noob who doesn't like swearing in songs :(

I loved this review as well (link (http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/22420-22-a-million/)) - couple of passages that really stood out

Nearly all of its songs contain a question of some sort, as if Vernon’s own reckoning with the inevitability of decay has led him to interrogate every last thing he’s seen or known.

22, A Million is certainly Bon Iver’s most difficult record; it’s the work of a songwriter who seems to have lost interest in established, easily deciphered forms, a possibility Vernon has been hinting at for nearly all of his career

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!