View Full Version : things in life you've done that you're proud of

Gina
09-10-2016, 08:18 PM
what have you done or achieved that youre proud of
maybe you graduated from uni or
idk anything !

Cerys
09-10-2016, 08:29 PM
Passed my driving test ! Managed to get onto a degree course with next to no qualifications (but now I've realised it's a shit course so I'm making the best of a bad situation and moving to bham to finish it, which I'm proud of cos I'm scared as hell but going through with it)

dbgtz
09-10-2016, 08:30 PM
I'm proud of not being the same as last year, or the year before that or the year before that, but I can't think of one individual thing I've actually done that I'm proud of.

buttons
09-10-2016, 08:37 PM
ye getting through uni, I got to like 3rd year and asked myself why the hell I thought of going to uni no way I'm smart enough to but I managed to get a 2:1 n did it!
just standing up for myself getting through things I guess

Inseriousity.
09-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Graduating from uni with a first was nice. With school, I'd always just been super laidback and never revised or tried too hard but managed to scrape through and get decent grades without trying too hard. At college, I did the same thing and got average grades so I didn't want to spend so much money and repeat the same mistakes. I still procrastinated a lot but I did work a lot harder and was pleased with my result.

More recently, I would say implementing a change at work. I won't explain it cos it's really technical but management at work changed something that I thought was wrong. I spent months challenging it and they were not budging at all. I eventually managed to get them to "look into it" and they came back to me, said I was right after all and would I be able to update the process? I did it while everyone was telling me not to bother, that nothing would ever change and I was probably ruining my career and making "internal enemies" so it felt like a huge achievement.

Catchy
09-10-2016, 08:50 PM
delivered over 40 babies, got a first in uni and finished my midwifery training. oh and getting my own flat. proud of all that

x-s-x
09-10-2016, 09:12 PM
That I passed my driving test :) Such a relief

Chris
09-10-2016, 09:56 PM
Getting my placement and then being offered a full time job after uni is what I'm proud of right now. :D

Joe
09-10-2016, 10:54 PM
I got to uni, first in my family
Passed my driving test after only 4 months
Smashed my GCSEs and A levels despite passing of my AMAZING auntie
Also little bits like still being alive despite being single which (believe me) seemed like impossible a year ago today

thatc00lgirl
10-10-2016, 12:30 PM
I'd say that i was really brave while watching myself get blood taken away from me from my first blood donation when the
event came to my school. Because i can't stand blood and when i saw blood flowing in the tube that was poked under my skin,
i freaked out for that couple of seconds at first, then went into shock then just accepted the fact and just went through
the whole process.

j0rd
10-10-2016, 05:46 PM
graduated form uni, granted not the result I wanted but I still graduated
not killed myself in the almost 5 years I've been driving

Absently
10-10-2016, 07:42 PM
completing my course with all distinctions throughout, getting into uni, moving away from my fam and ireland and passing my driving test first time too i guess!!

Expling
10-10-2016, 08:27 PM
sounds so silly but here are a few:

applying for, going to the interview and getting accepted to a sixth form all on my own (+ going there knowing only 1 person)
organising myself a work exp placement outside of school and doing it after my exams
going to the dentist on my own like wow??

that's it really but yeah I used to be super unconfident and now I've done them I feel really proud and grown up
like I used to hate dentists so much and going there on my own made me so anxious but it was all cool once I done it!! next few weeks when I go back to have needles and stuff on my own though might be a little harder :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!