PDA

View Full Version : The Galaxy Note 7 is dead

xxMATTGxx
11-10-2016, 09:44 AM
I don't know if anyone has a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 on here? If so, turn it off and take it back to the place you have bought it from so you can get a different phone altogether. They aren't safe and they are pretty much a bomb.

That bad, Samsung have now decided to stop production of the model altogether.

Samsung has announced it's ending production of the Galaxy Note 7 around the world, pulling the plug on the phone after a months-long controversy over its defective, dangerous batteries. Bloomberg and The Wall Street Journal have both reported the decision, which follows news yesterday that the company is recalling all Note 7 phones, including the supposedly-safe replacements.

Samsung issued the worldwide recall yesterday after at at least five replacement Note 7 handsets caught fire in the past week. "Samsung will ask all carrier and retail partners globally to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note 7," said the company in a statement yesterday.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/11/13202608/samsung-galaxy-note-7-discontinued?utm_campaign=theverge&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

wixard
11-10-2016, 09:48 AM
what an absolute disaster

APPLE MASTER RACE

x-s-x
11-10-2016, 10:56 AM
:o that's bad

Lucy
11-10-2016, 01:28 PM
I think it is really bad they shipped out so-called fixed replacements and they still exhibited faults, I think they need to recheck their Q&A Testing. I am not 100% sure if this is a permanent thing though unless its a major defect that is not repairable with the way the phone was built.

FlyingJesus
11-10-2016, 01:36 PM
Seen a lot of stuff about these phones exploding all over the place but are they not able to just replace the defective parts? Or at least work on a way for that to be possible, would seem a better plan than just ditching the entire product idk

xxMATTGxx
11-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Seen a lot of stuff about these phones exploding all over the place but are they not able to just replace the defective parts? Or at least work on a way for that to be possible, would seem a better plan than just ditching the entire product idk

They kinda tried that already. They brought out "replacement" phones which they assumed fixed the problem with the battery. But even those units started setting on fire as well. So now they have decided to halt production altogether.

FlyingJesus
11-10-2016, 03:07 PM
Oh lmao poor effort Samsungs chaps someone's getting fired in the morrrrrrrrning

Was prob Skynus

thatc00lgirl
11-10-2016, 03:38 PM
I should just convert into a Windows or LG or idk JUST ANOTHER BRAND user xD

scottish
11-10-2016, 05:22 PM
what an absolute disaster

APPLE MASTER RACE

just no

Chris
11-10-2016, 05:40 PM
The fact its happened after a supposed fix is terrible.

Expling
11-10-2016, 06:56 PM
yeah I think I remember seeing this before and then they released a new one which was fixed
silly tho imagine how upsetting itd be if you bought one

xxMATTGxx
11-10-2016, 07:06 PM
yeah I think I remember seeing this before and then they released a new one which was fixed
silly tho imagine how upsetting itd be if you bought one

Just confirm, the new one is not fixed either.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pySvc17K2jE

Chris
11-10-2016, 08:59 PM
Just confirm, the new one is not fixed either.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pySvc17K2jE

Thats crazy! So many boxes, must have cost them a fortune.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!