PDA

View Full Version : SEO

SeptemberNum
12-10-2016, 12:11 PM
I'm planning to create a blog about gardening, my hobby. I'd really like it if eventually it can be profitable but my friend said that to achieve this I'd need to apply SEO. Now, I'm wondering if it's really a must and is there any other way to get around this?

ShellGreen
17-10-2016, 07:58 AM
I'm planning to create a blog about gardening, my hobby. I'd really like it if eventually it can be profitable but my friend said that to achieve this I'd need to apply SEO. Now, I'm wondering if it's really a must and is there any other way to get around this?

Perhaps, you want to be popular and get more followers right? I used to see my brother's blog get much visibility online by a social media sites and some basic seo. If you have no budget yet, you may try and look for a free tutorial online but I've read some advice that a paid seo is much better in promoting a site. You just have to select a very good provider for to help you with it.

j0rd
17-10-2016, 08:30 PM
Perhaps, you want to be popular and get more followers right? I used to see my brother's blog get much visibility online by a social media sites and some basic seo. If you have no budget yet, you may try and look for a free tutorial online but I've read some advice that a paid seo is much better in promoting a site. You just have to select a very good provider for to help you with it.

you're mixing up SEO and SEM here

blackhat is your friend

SeptemberNum
18-10-2016, 12:40 PM
Black hat is kinda dangerous if you get caught right? Online digital marketing can be a mix of white hat and black hat, I'm thinking if its best to hire somebody (http://www.demandwave.com/services/)that can help me with that.. It's hard to do seo stuff if you are not that familiar witht he strategy.

peteyt
21-10-2016, 10:23 PM
Black hat is kinda dangerous if you get caught right? Online digital marketing can be a mix of white hat and black hat, I'm thinking if its best to hire somebody (http://www.demandwave.com/services/)that can help me with that.. It's hard to do seo stuff if you are not that familiar witht he strategy.
It really depends on what you want to do and your budget. Is it just a blog or do you want a full website as it might be better hiring a developer/designer who does seo as well.

tMarc
08-11-2016, 03:05 AM
Word to the wise-

White hat/Black hat SEO = SAME THING.

Leave a noticeable enough trail doing EITHER and you'll get slammed by Google.

As long as you aren't keyword stuffing or spamming crappy links all at one time (Or really spamming crappy links at all, if you've got good SEO), you'll be fine.

Google likes Organic, consumer-oriented sites, that's fact of the matter. Google hates marketers.

As all the others above said, get a someone with experience with SEO do it for you!

Good thing I'm here! :P
Ranked for many keywords in the travel niche (one of the hardest) solely utilizing on-page SEO.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!