PDA

View Full Version : Which Gaming Console Should I get?

MightyMagician
20-10-2016, 02:41 PM
I've been a handheld gamer for my entire life. I've only owned a PS 2 for console gaming, and I'd like to start expanding my options.

-Which has the best features?
-The best game selection?

Any feedback would be great.

wixard
20-10-2016, 03:02 PM
what kinda games do you like playing

i assume its it's a toss up between PS4 and Xbox one?

dbgtz
20-10-2016, 03:25 PM
If you have a 4K TV with HDR, then PS4 pro supports that for games and online media, but not the 4k bluray. All PS4s support HDR. Xbox One S supports all 4k and HDR media, but only HDR games. Xbox One "Scorpio" (which is to be released in around a year or so) supports 4K and HDR also. PS4 pro and Xbox One "Scorpio" will also allow for better visuals at 1080p if you don't have 4k.

If you have no use for 4k or HDR, then PS4 slim and Xbox One S are pretty much the same, with the PS4 slim being slightly smaller. Pretty much depends on if you have friends and what kind of games you like.

There's also Nintendo's new console to look at as that might suit you more.

MightyMagician
20-10-2016, 03:41 PM
what kinda games do you like playing

i assume its it's a toss up between PS4 and Xbox one?

LOL, yes. The Wii U's game selection is crap. Only a few I'd actually play. In terms of games, I'll play anything aside from sports, as long as it isn't too kiddish. Both Xbox One and PS4 have games that I'd definitely enjoy. I'd preferably get both, but I'm not sure if my mom would get them both between my birthday and the holidays. :(

- - - Updated - - -

If you have a 4K TV with HDR, then PS4 pro supports that for games and online media, but not the 4k bluray. All PS4s support HDR. Xbox One S supports all 4k and HDR media, but only HDR games. Xbox One "Scorpio" (which is to be released in around a year or so) supports 4K and HDR also. PS4 pro and Xbox One "Scorpio" will also allow for better visuals at 1080p if you don't have 4k.

If you have no use for 4k or HDR, then PS4 slim and Xbox One S are pretty much the same, with the PS4 slim being slightly smaller. Pretty much depends on if you have friends and what kind of games you like.

There's also Nintendo's new console to look at as that might suit you more.

I do have an ultra HD Smart television(assuming that's what you mean by 4k HDR). My sister also has a tv in her room with HD, but that's not a Smart TV. Not sure in this scenario myself.

dbgtz
20-10-2016, 03:52 PM
LOL, yes. The Wii U's game selection is crap. Only a few I'd actually play. In terms of games, I'll play anything aside from sports, as long as it isn't too kiddish. Both Xbox One and PS4 have games that I'd definitely enjoy. I'd preferably get both, but I'm not sure if my mom would get them both between my birthday and the holidays. :(

- - - Updated - - -

I do have an ultra HD Smart television(assuming that's what you mean by 4k HDR). My sister also has a tv in her room with HD, but that's not a Smart TV. Not sure in this scenario myself.

Smart is irrelevant. Ultra HD is 4k yes but doesn't mean it's HDR ready. If it is HDR ready, definitely do go for a HDR console as I've heard it makes all the difference in quality.
So is this for you and your sister?

MightyMagician
20-10-2016, 04:00 PM
Nah, my sister is away at college upstate most of the time now, so now my parents and I have an extra room with a television - so I pretty much have 2 roads for gaming. My room is unfortunately far too small to conveniently play any console games. I will check to see if the 4K has HDR(probably does), but I could go either way.

dbgtz
20-10-2016, 07:10 PM
Then it's just a case of the games and friends if you know people who play this.
Unless you also wish to invest in VR in the future then it's worth looking that up too.

ToxicMint
20-10-2016, 07:11 PM
I have both PS4 and Xbox one cos they both pretty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prosiary
20-10-2016, 07:13 PM
PC.

dbgtz
20-10-2016, 07:15 PM
PC.

A PC is not a console.

Prosiary
20-10-2016, 07:24 PM
A PC is not a console.

A PC is superior to consoles, I was giving a good suggestion ;)

dbgtz
20-10-2016, 07:44 PM
A PC is superior to consoles, I was giving a good suggestion ;)

Says the guy who only plays Fifa on his Xbox One :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!