PDA

View Full Version : Alton Towers Smiler crash: Students dress up as Victims

-:Undertaker:-
20-10-2016, 02:45 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-37714159?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_england&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=english_regions

Alton Towers Smiler crash: Students dress up as Victims

http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/D03E/production/_92001335_smilertab.jpg

Teenagers injured in the Smiler crash at Alton Towers have described students who apparently dressed up as the victims as "disgusting".

The University of Nottingham students made their fancy dress outfits for a bar crawl then posed for photos for student news site The Tab.

Victim Joe Pugh tweeted a link to the article and his girlfriend Leah Washington, who had her leg amputated, also tweeted in reference to it.

The students have since apologised.

The University of Nottingham Students' Union claimed the costume was "in no way intended to reference the tragedy" at Alton Towers.

However, the reporter who wrote the article said some of the students were wearing fake amputated legs.

Well I think it's a funny costume.

So sick of moralising do-gooders telling me what I can and cannot find funny. Recall the moaning about the Jimmy Savile costumes?

Now i'll get the predictable "WELL U WUDNT BE LAUGHING IF IT WAS U IN THE CRASH" yeah but tragic things often do have a comedic light. If lame BBC PC-humour makes you laugh like Russell Howard and David Mitchell then hey good for you. But for some of us to be tickled it takes more than just saying "Ukip/Trump=racist" to make us lol.

Thoughts?

Are you outraged that a group of students you've never met are dressing up as others you've never met?

wixard
20-10-2016, 02:50 PM
well I think it's in poor taste

how is it funny in any way?

20-10-2016, 02:52 PM
well I think it's in poor taste

how is it funny in any way?

cos it makes me laugh

xxMATTGxx
20-10-2016, 05:05 PM
It's not even funny... but whatever you can have your own view.

buttons
20-10-2016, 05:08 PM
I have a dark sense of humour and don't find it funny lol not just bc it's kinda disgusting but just because it's not funny... like no creative though process gone into it imo

AgnesIO
20-10-2016, 06:03 PM
I'm not really bothered by the thing it is about; however, the costume here is embarrassing. Not funny - not because it is offensive, it just isn't funny.

wixard
20-10-2016, 06:28 PM
dan posts these threads positively pissing himself in excitement with the hopes that the liberal pc brigade will get super offended and upset

fact is none of us care, have you seen anyone here make a thread about this or even tweet or share their opinion on social media? No. it's kind of embarrassing, this forum isn't your personal soapbox and we don't really care how much you hate liberals or how insecure you are in your own opinions

20-10-2016, 06:31 PM
wixard; you've just gone and got super offended & upset. well done x

wixard
20-10-2016, 06:34 PM
no I haven't and the fact you think I have furthers your delusions

youre dying to get a reaction but the fact is none of your threads get more than 1 or 2 replies because NOBODY HERE CARES

youre preaching to a bloody empty church, the only reason I'm saying something is because I hate sifting through your boring threads in my new posts

20-10-2016, 06:36 PM
no I haven't and the fact you think I have furthers your delusions

youre dying to get a reaction but the fact is none of your threads get more than 1 or 2 replies because NOBODY HERE CARES

youre preaching to a bloody empty church, the only reason I'm saying something is because I hate sifting through your boring threads in my new posts

then don't reply to my posts if you don't like them hun. you're not my mother.

now go and put a wet flannel on your head before you overheat

buttons
20-10-2016, 06:36 PM
@wixard (https://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=64175); you've just gone and got super offended & upset. well done x
ur the one making the thread offended that others don't have ur opinion lol
u can't see that ur exactly like those liberals who kick up a fuss about nothing

wixard
20-10-2016, 06:37 PM
did I tell you anywhere in that post to stop making threads or tell you what to do? You are deluded babe, you make it all up in your head so it fits with your script

20-10-2016, 06:38 PM
ur the one making the thread offended that others don't have ur opinion lol
u can't see that ur exactly like those liberals who kick up a fuss about nothing

of course i post to provoke discussion. a thread full of "yep i agree x" is borin

again if you don't like it then don't reply to them. or block me. i'm not assed one jot what you think

did I tell you anywhere in that post to stop making threads or tell you what to do? You are deluded babe, you make it all up in your head so it fits with your script

thank you doctor crane

thms
25-10-2016, 06:11 PM
speaking of crane did you hear rihanna was cast as marion crane in bates motel the psycho prequel x

RyRy
25-10-2016, 06:56 PM
It's a bit cringe funny? Like if I saw it on a night out I'd laugh but feel bad about it yano. Can see why people are a bit up in arms about it, it isn't exactly a well thought out idea.

as for the peeps having a go at dan for saying it's funny, climb off your bloody high horse lmao why care if somebody finds it funny........... get over it theres bigger things to waste time on..........

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!