PDA

View Full Version : did you play out on the street a lot as a kid?

-:Undertaker:-
21-10-2016, 01:24 AM
so a simple Q did you play out a lot or not

i did quite a bit even tho i was far from streetwise. lived on a modern estate and had a mate alex who used to go on bikes with a lot. he moved away though and then i did so from then on literally never played out. area i'm in now has much more like 'community' feel though there's a lot of terraces etc and loads of kids so my sister is really streetwise for her age

what bouts you

Cerys
21-10-2016, 01:33 AM
Nah we never played in the streets, though if we did it wouldn't have been dangerous since I live in a tiny village, but I did go to my friends house a lot, she's a cow now tho sadly

Elegance
21-10-2016, 01:40 AM
i played only on my street but i had boundaries so i could stay safe!

xxMATTGxx
21-10-2016, 08:23 AM
Not really the street but used to go out a lot as a kid, late primary school and early high school days. Out on bikes, climbing trees and all that good stuff.

Red
21-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Yup lived in a cul de sac so had free reign of the streets. There were loads of kids in mine. Out in the morning and home when it's dark!

Samantha
21-10-2016, 11:20 AM
We had a small garden, so we used to play in that a bit, but we used to have friends who lived around the corner and where the cars could park was a great place to go on our bikes and that so we used to go there a lot. After that they removed the allotments across the road and made a nature park so that was good for playing games, playing with a ball etc. so me and my sister, and sometimes her friend would play there.

When we got bikes, our old bikes we could go up to the other two parks a little too, but all the riff raff used to hang out there so we didn't much.

When we were babysat we got to play kerby, that was always fun as we weren't allowed when my parents were there.

scottish
21-10-2016, 12:28 PM
yes I was out every day basically

Chris
21-10-2016, 12:28 PM
Yeah quite a bit actually. Come to think of it, back then we spent most of the time outside. That was before video games took over!

lemons
21-10-2016, 01:41 PM
yes they were the good days

Sho
21-10-2016, 05:46 PM
i was out every day but not really on the streets. lots of trees around where i live so we'd go into the forest to build dens, climb trees, etc. aw i miss that

Alysha
21-10-2016, 06:03 PM
in primary school i was out every day, riding bikes/scooters, making dens, swinging from trees, falling in brambles and having to bath in chamomile lotion. those were the days...

Empired
21-10-2016, 06:34 PM
I did and I had a childhood friend but then these new boys moved into the street and one of them was really mean to me. He made me SO SAD cos he told me girls couldn't ride bikes and girls shouldn't play pokemon and collect pokemon cards and stuff til eventually I felt like I couldn't go out and play anymore :( So sad.

RuthOnToast
21-10-2016, 08:03 PM
There were alot of kids my age who lived on my road so would always be out playing till late doing all sorts. One kid his mum wouldn't let him off the road so we would normally cycle around the block and just make fun of him really. Or we would go down into the village and play in the stream.

Absently
21-10-2016, 09:31 PM
Ye the first house we lived in was an estate so we were always out and about there. Then we moved to middle of nowhere so we were always out playing in the fields. After that we moved back to the city and I lived on a street so I would always be out playing there or up on the big green by our house. It was plenty of fun I loved it :)

Zak
22-10-2016, 11:45 AM
Yes all the time. I did play games but not half as much as I do now.

dbgtz
22-10-2016, 11:53 AM
Yes. Until a certain age, my limit was I wasn't allowed past a certain point down the hill (I lived on a hill). I remember once I went too far so my "friend" went to tell my dad and he came to get me... Not like I even went far down :S Stopped going out in the street when I realised what a **** this guy was.

nat965
11-02-2017, 04:02 AM
Didn't play in the street as such but yeah, ventured out on our own until our parents called us back. This was until we moved when i was 13, then it was more or less our parents drove us some place, waved us goodbye and told us they'd meet us again at x place to drive us back home.

despect
11-02-2017, 04:04 AM
I didnt play out in the streets but i used to live in a flat and they used to have a park that belonged to everyone who owned a flat literally 2 min from my flat so i spent a lot of time there :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!