PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 6s Plus screen replacement!

Reality
30-10-2016, 06:49 PM
I recently smashed my iPhone and the screen isn't in a great shape but don't know where to get it fixed.
I didn't know if any of you guys have ever had it replaced b individual retailers or if you went straight to the Apple Store. I'm a bit hesitant to go to the individual retailers as I am led to believe that if you replace it with anyone that isn't Apple it voids any warranty you have with your handset and contract with your provider?

Opinion/thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.

xxMATTGxx
30-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Probably best to get it paired by Apple or an authorized repair center these days.

Reality
30-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Spoke to the customer service team on their webclient chat and they quoted around £153.44 for a screen repair plus taxes as standard and if they deem it more severe then it could be more if they have to fully replace the handset if the screen isn't replaceable (which mine isn't it has glass falling out).
Probably best to get it paired by Apple or an authorized repair center these days.

xxMATTGxx
30-10-2016, 07:57 PM
Spoke to the customer service team on their webclient chat and they quoted around £153.44 for a screen repair plus taxes as standard and if they deem it more severe then it could be more if they have to fully replace the handset if the screen isn't replaceable (which mine isn't it has glass falling out).

Yeah it used to be cheaper. I'm not sure really, you want whoever repairs it to do a good job :P

Reality
30-10-2016, 08:00 PM
Yeah that's why even though the costs are high I'm leaning to Apple to repair it because a work colleague had their phone repaired by an individual shop and they ended up making it worse and completely screwing the device up so it didn't turn on and had to pay for a new device for them, and the one they have now doesn't even work properly.
Ahhh #1stWorldProblems
Yeah it used to be cheaper. I'm not sure really, you want whoever repairs it to do a good job :P

Chris
30-10-2016, 09:32 PM
You could try Timpsons, they do phone repairs and I would imagine they can be fairly well trusted as they are not an independent store.

https://www.timpson.co.uk/services/mobile-phone-screen-repairs

Alysha
30-10-2016, 10:57 PM
Can't believe I complained about paying £80 for my iPhone 6 replacement. I'd always be weary about going anywhere apart from Apple after I knew a couple of people who completely ducked their phones up getting it done in independent retailers

Joe
31-10-2016, 01:02 AM
Don't do me for fraud

I did the same and went to an insurance company and said I'd done it a few days after registering my phone. £50 excess on top of original £60 plan and it was actually deemed beyond economical repair so i got basically a brand new phone (refurbished) for £110 BUT I DON'T CONDONE NOR SUPPORT THIS ACTION PLS DONT ARREST ME

Reality
31-10-2016, 08:22 AM
I did not know they did phone services, may take it for quote later on today as I think this is the company that is at Tesco stores?
You could try Timpsons, they do phone repairs and I would imagine they can be fairly well trusted as they are not an independent store.

https://www.timpson.co.uk/services/mobile-phone-screen-repairs

Chris
31-10-2016, 09:19 AM
I did not know they did phone services, may take it for quote later on today as I think this is the company that is at Tesco stores?
Yep that's right! They're at some tescos and you may also just have one in your local area.

Zak
31-10-2016, 12:25 PM
If you have phone insurance get a replacement phone. You will have to pay an excess but it will be cheaper than taking it to the Apple store because they rip you off.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!