PDA

View Full Version : Hilary Duff and boyfriend apologise for Halloween outfits

-:Undertaker:-
31-10-2016, 03:14 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/10/31/hilary-duff-and-boyfriend-apologise-for-controversial-halloween/

Hilary Duff and boyfriend apologise for Halloween outfits

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/tv/2016/10/31/112367463-Hilary-Duff-Halloween-outfit-large_trans++_Qt1iuvWth76e9d_IW2U0Xz-RZAVOxT52LYWQyouJMc.jpg

American actress Hilary Duff and her boyfriend have apologised for their controversial Halloween outfits.

Duff wore a ‘sexy’ pilgrim outfit to a Halloween party in Beverley Hills, while her boyfriend dressed as a Native American chief.

Their choice of outfits sparked a Twitter backlash, with one critic tweeting the singer: “Our culture is not a costume!!”

Duff later tweeted the apology: “I am SO sorry to people I offended with my costume. It was not properly thought through and I am truly, from the bottom of my heart, sorry.”

Her boyfriend Jason Walsh also apologised on Instagram, with the message: “I meant no disrespect.

“I only have admiration for the indigenous people of America. In hindsight I would not have made that decision. I apologise to anyone I may have offended.”

They're as stupid as the people 'offended' for apologising. The correct response would've been get a life and take a walk.

"Our culture is not a costume" oh do fuck off.

thms
01-11-2016, 03:42 AM
i personally wouldn't get offended by it but i'm not a pilgrim or indigenous or whatever, but if people have that's entirely down to their own beliefs or whatever and i think it's nice they apologised? clearly they never set out to cause offence at all, but it did, so in retrospect of dressing that way they have apologised for doing so because it wasn't their intention! i think hilary looks eally good though

he looks a bit shit though

Lucy
01-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Wow, what a fantastic world we live in. Does anyone not get offended these days?

Lewis
01-11-2016, 04:33 PM
Well at least we haven't had any complaints of ghost costumes resembling the burqa ... right?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!