do u still talk to them
how did it make u feel
were u close pals

Catchy
06-11-2016, 08:15 PM
i dont think i have unless i have but dont know about it

scottish
06-11-2016, 08:20 PM
yes on another community a girl pretended to be 2 year older than she was and actually had a different name.

think she outed herself cause she got close to someone, and I don't really talk to her anymore.

x-s-x
06-11-2016, 09:07 PM
Also love the show! I haven't been catfished though

FlyingJesus
06-11-2016, 09:39 PM
Outside of hx nopeeee

Matt
11-11-2016, 02:05 AM
have u ever been catfished elsewhere - yeah but people do it for a reason so I when it comes out I don't make a huge song and dance about it
how did u find out they were catfishing - the were exposed/admitted it
do u still talk to them - rarely but occasionally
how did it make u feel - fine
were u close pals - yeah I guess we were, I didn't disown them or anything lol

nat965
10-02-2017, 08:37 PM
I haven't been catfished thankfully.

despect
11-02-2017, 03:37 AM
I have been once.. we do sometimes talk.

Alkaz
11-02-2017, 08:04 AM
Yes I used to talk to someone who turned out not to be who they said they were. I was pretty young at the time and when I found out it really knocked my confidence.

Samantha
11-02-2017, 10:27 PM
It was a minor case, but someone on this forum used a picture of me, sent it to someone and said it was them.

I was good friends with the person she sent the image to, but it wasn't until years later that I found out. I sent him the same picture as he wanted to see what I looked like, and he was convinced it wasn't me because this other person sent him that very same picture. Luckily someone else was in the room at the time and he verified that it was actually me as he had me on msn (we didn't realise we knew each other). I think that's been the only incident though.

Absently
11-02-2017, 11:20 PM
i've had quite a few friends over the years on habbo that catfished, can't even remember half of them but i remember it being a common occurrence in the room that i would always hang out in. the one i remember mostly was because we were really really really close. she faked her pictures, her age and her name. i found out as i made a myspace and it somehow sent a request to everyone i had added on my email address (all my msn contacts at the time), she thought i'd found the real her (her myspace was her actual one) and was so upset and came crying to me about it. i wasnt too bothered about it at the time and we continued being friends, eventually losing contact.

i do remember some friends coming online and being like XYZ IS DEAD! IM HER MOTHER and shit like that when it was obvious lies, dunno if that's considered catfishing haha

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!