PDA

View Full Version : Tinder

lawrawrrr
21-11-2016, 08:21 PM
OK who uses Tinder

Who's actually been on a Tinder date

Is it super weird?? do people actually meet each other or is it literally just a hookup app?

I was on it for a very short time when I thought dating sounded like a fun idea (spoiler: never went on a date) and literally just got creeps being "friendly" (after I said i wasnt interested in hookups/one night stands usually) then like 2 days later asking me over to theirs or something like that, totally knew exactly what they meant yawn

i know some of my friends are on it and my sister and they meet people but idk the whole idea of using it to actually date brings me out in hives i swear

yay anxiety

FlyingJesus
21-11-2016, 08:59 PM
Sounds terrifying I don't want to meet strangers one on one it seems like such a false atmosphere anyway

Catchy
21-11-2016, 08:59 PM
when i used to date many years ago (omg almost three years now) i met a few ppl off tinder they were ok but a few of them were weirdos, never went anywhere

Cerys
21-11-2016, 09:02 PM
I've never used anything like it but I can imagine the vast majority only use it for a quickie. I can't imagine getting myself a proper steady relationship from it

Joe
21-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Got like 200+ matches but I only do it to ego boost, never actually go through with speaking to anyone on it and when I do i'm obviously fucking awful at chat up lines. Only one that has gone further than tinder is someone who goes to the same uni and we're actually pretty good mates now so, it didn't work in terms of it's actual purpose but I met someone nice!

lawrawrrr
21-11-2016, 10:33 PM
Got like 200+ matches but I only do it to ego boost, never actually go through with speaking to anyone on it and when I do i'm obviously **** awful at chat up lines. Only one that has gone further than tinder is someone who goes to the same uni and we're actually pretty good mates now so, it didn't work in terms of it's actual purpose but I met someone nice!
https://media.giphy.com/media/iwvuPyfi7z14I/giphy.gif

this is what i imagine you like rn

but yeah i just dont like the idea of matches really i guess? i don't want someone to swipe right cos of my face and I don't really care that much about looks and that just doesn't come across on dating apps I find?

Joe
21-11-2016, 10:39 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/iwvuPyfi7z14I/giphy.gif

this is what i imagine you like rn

but yeah i just dont like the idea of matches really i guess? i don't want someone to swipe right cos of my face and I don't really care that much about looks and that just doesn't come across on dating apps I find?

it is when i get matches but then 5 seconds later i realise i'm just

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT0Gqx6CoIN8fo658c/giphy.gif

it's actually worrying that people must swipe right for my face then not seem to care about me once i pop up - is my personality really that bland hahahaha

Martin
21-11-2016, 10:59 PM
Got like 200+ matches but I only do it to ego boost, never actually go through with speaking to anyone on it and when I do i'm obviously **** awful at chat up lines. Only one that has gone further than tinder is someone who goes to the same uni and we're actually pretty good mates now so, it didn't work in terms of it's actual purpose but I met someone nice!

Same as this mainly! Occasionally someone pops up and we have a chat but it doesn't go anywhere. I never start conversations because I'm too shy. :P

I find it really hard to judge whether you could possibly like someone like that just based on one (or a couple) of pictures and basically little or no actually detail about them or their personality. For me it would always be personality over face anyway, and as Laura says, these kind of apps tend to be focused primarily on face. (Although I pretty much swipe right for most people as I feel bad otherwise, because I'm essentially judging them based on their looks!)

558 "matches" though apparently!!! Half of them probably did the same as me and just swiped right for most people :P

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3865423/tinderpic.png

FlyingJesus
21-11-2016, 11:01 PM
Looks are all you CAN go on with first contact, and looks are more difficult to conceal than a shit personality so if it was all just text saying what you like everyone could just lie for giglz

Joe
21-11-2016, 11:33 PM
Same as this mainly! Occasionally someone pops up and we have a chat but it doesn't go anywhere. I never start conversations because I'm too shy. :P

I find it really hard to judge whether you could possibly like someone like that just based on one (or a couple) of pictures and basically little or no actually detail about them or their personality. For me it would always be personality over face anyway, and as Laura says, these kind of apps tend to be focused primarily on face. (Although I pretty much swipe right for most people as I feel bad otherwise, because I'm essentially judging them based on their looks!)

558 "matches" though apparently!!! Half of them probably did the same as me and just swiped right for most people :P

holy SHIT martin you absolute **** magnet

Martin
22-11-2016, 01:06 AM
holy SHIT martin you absolute **** magnet

I know right!! The welsh must love me or something since it went crazy when I moved to Cardiff last year! :P

FlyingJesus
22-11-2016, 02:29 AM
Are you wearing wool in your pic that would explain it

Sho
22-11-2016, 03:20 AM
i only met one creep on there. he was weird af and we spoke for about 10 minutes and he tells me he's falling hard for me and asks me if i'd be his girlfriend. after i say no he starts freaking out over the smallest things. like he freaked out because i took 30 minutes to reply to a message when i was on the phone to someone and started spamming me with messages until i replied if i took longer than a couple of minutes to respond. i unmatched him and he found my facebook so i blocked him on there. couple of days later i get a whatsapp message off him and i have no idea how he got my number. it was creepy af :(

scottish
22-11-2016, 08:17 AM

First one is lrhyss, xxMATTGxx; won't be happy.

j0rd
22-11-2016, 09:01 AM
yeah I used to use it for a while
met a worldie in Bristol, smashed her and then never really spoke to her again

I have matched people I know irl and then spoken to them when I've seen them out etc. but that doesn't count

Chris
22-11-2016, 09:03 AM
I've never used it, it just seems a bit shallow and seedy.

xxMATTGxx
22-11-2016, 10:16 AM
First one is lrhyss, xxMATTGxx; won't be happy.

His name is actually Rhyss, not Rhys

Matt
22-11-2016, 10:57 AM
I use it when I'm bored but don't really use it with the intention of meeting people though.

Met a 25 year old from it and they liked me more than I liked them, promised a second date then didn't talk to them again and I feel bad

ihatehash
23-11-2016, 10:57 AM
I haven't been the biggest user of it however have started to use it more recently. We were talking about it at work and a girl who is engaged met her fiance on tinder. Another who has been with his girlfriend for 2 years met his partner on Bumble so they do sometimes work! I have friends who use it for one night stands and it seems to work for them. I think like anything there are always going be a lot of ******** and creeps but at least you might get a meal out of it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!