PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Echo Thingee

Martin
14-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Hello!

So apparently I'm getting an amazon echo dot for Christmas! (HOW EXCITING OMG!! :D) Which will read me bedtime stories, let me command it to set my alarm, order me food, play me music, tell me the weather, collate shopping lists for me, be my personal assistant and even turn the light on and off for me! :O

However, looking into the lighting situation, I'm confused about whether I need to just buy a special bulb or whether I need a hub/bridge thingee that I keep reading about.

So my question is: Does anyone own an amazon echo thingee, and if so, what (cheap) products would you recommend getting to go with it so that I can turn my light on without having to leave my chair! Also do you have any general tips/exciting things about it that you feel is worth mentioning? Also I'm seeing these bridge things on ebay but there are different versions and it's very confusing! Will the original version still work or do I need the latest model? :O

xxMATTGxx
14-12-2016, 09:57 PM
Philips Hue bulbs will need the Hue Bridge for example to be able to work with stuff like the Amazon Echo. I'm not sure if there is any alternatives out there that will just be the bulb without having the need to have a bulb + bridge to connect to your Echo etc.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!