PDA

View Full Version : Day Lengths

Conor
16-12-2016, 04:54 PM
Hiiii. This has just literally popped into my head LMFAO.

Now we know how and why we have day and nights but for you budding scientists and world enthusiasts? How do we have longer days and shorter days at different times in the year?

There's probably a simple answer for this and I'm just being stupid but yaknow LMFAO.

Martin
16-12-2016, 05:32 PM
The Earth's tilt on its axis is what causes the change in the seasons and explains why summer days are longer than winter days. The Earth orbits in an ellipse around the Sun, and because of this, it draws closer to the Sun at some points than at others.

xxMATTGxx
16-12-2016, 05:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drujIxWmxyc

abc
17-12-2016, 09:57 PM
Hiiii. This has just literally popped into my head LMFAO.

Now we know how and why we have day and nights but for you budding scientists and world enthusiasts? How do we have longer days and shorter days at different times in the year?

There's probably a simple answer for this and I'm just being stupid but yaknow LMFAO.

Which class are you in? I am not being rude but I am genuinely interested as this is taught in school.

Conor
17-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Which class are you in? I am not being rude but I am genuinely interested as this is taught in school.

Year 0, I've finished education LMAO.

lemons
17-12-2016, 10:17 PM
LMAO why didnt you just google it LMFAO

abc
17-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Year 0, I've finished education LMAO.

Worrying.

Samantha
19-12-2016, 11:50 PM
The Earth's tilt on its axis is what causes the change in the seasons and explains why summer days are longer than winter days. The Earth orbits in an ellipse around the Sun, and because of this, it draws closer to the Sun at some points than at others.

You know this, but think Africa is a capital city ;)?

Anyway I'd have just googled it too :P.

Martin
20-12-2016, 12:19 AM
You know this, but think Africa is a capital city ;)?

Anyway I'd have just googled it too :P.

What can I say. I'm a pro at Science (and googling but shh!)

Conor
21-12-2016, 02:02 AM
Okkkkkk... I get I should've googled it... Don't hold it against me LMFAO.

-:Undertaker:-
21-12-2016, 12:31 PM
today is the shortest day of the year in terms of daylight hours

from here on in, it gets brighter, warmer and happier. goodbyeeeeeeeeeee winter! :)

Cerys
21-12-2016, 12:44 PM
But winter has only just started dan, ur getting a bit ahead of urself !!!

yer we got taught this in like yr 7 geography

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!