PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else play the Sims?

laurienickey
10-01-2017, 01:23 PM
I've been playing since the first Sims came out, and I'm really addicted to the Sims 4 right now. Anyone else play? If so, what do you think of 4 so far?

Vampires pack out today! :o

LUCPIX
10-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Yesss!! It has reinvented our concept of what a Simulation game should be, with dat powerful AI and convincing soundtrack, oh the soundtrack laurienickey, that Latin selection from the first Sims is perfect, an impressive instrumental track for a videogame, and it worked very well

Joe
10-01-2017, 04:39 PM
Only play it when I don't have to pay for it, think they're getting more money robbing each year but you can't blame them. Great game though just can't justify spending hundreds for it when expansion packs are added.

Absently
10-01-2017, 05:56 PM
yaaas i love the sims! i get really addicted some itmes and just play it non stop every day going crazy and then i get bored and wont touch it for months

Chris
10-01-2017, 07:46 PM
I play them when they come out but I get bored quite quickly.

lawrawrrr
10-01-2017, 09:10 PM
I get SO ADDICTED when I go on them!!! I have the Sims 4, it's so much better than the others I think! Wish I could get some expansion packs but then it ends up taking up so much space on my computer when you have a bunch :(

I used to get DLC from other places to have like custom hair and clothes, that was really cool

Sho
10-01-2017, 09:35 PM
yessss i love the sims so much. i always get hooked when i start playing though :( running my own little bakery on sims 4 atm x

MKR&*42
10-01-2017, 09:43 PM
I recently got back into The Sims 2 again, good piece of nostalgia and really fun :)

laurienickey
10-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Yesss!! It has reinvented our concept of what a Simulation game should be, with dat powerful AI and convincing soundtrack, oh the soundtrack @laurienickey (https://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=19921), that Latin selection from the first Sims is perfect, an impressive instrumental track for a videogame, and it worked very well

Yes!!!

The music is surprisingly amazing haha. The sims 3 had renditions of popular songs in simlish which was very creative, soo good.

- - - Updated - - -

Only play it when I don't have to pay for it, think they're getting more money robbing each year but you can't blame them. Great game though just can't justify spending hundreds for it when expansion packs are added.

I definitely feel you there. Luckily I was way younger when the first and second sims came out so my parents got those for my brothers and me then. I didn't play the Sims 3 immediately after it came out so whenever I did almost all the expansion packs were already out and I got a lot of deals on all of them.

The Sims 4 expansions will get cheaper over time. One of those times where we just need to patiently wait for them to grow older haha. The holidays provided a few deals on a bit of them though so that's how I've gotten the latest of the packs. Don't have all of them yet though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yesss!! It has reinvented our concept of what a Simulation game should be, with dat powerful AI and convincing soundtrack, oh the soundtrack @laurienickey (https://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=19921), that Latin selection from the first Sims is perfect, an impressive instrumental track for a videogame, and it worked very well

Yes!!!

The music is surprisingly amazing haha. The sims 3 had renditions of popular songs in simlish which was very creative, soo good.

- - - Updated - - -

I definitely feel you there. Luckily I was way younger when the first and second sims came out so my parents got those for my brothers and me then. I didn't play the Sims 3 immediately after it came out so whenever I did almost all the expansion packs were already out and I got a lot of deals on all of them.

The Sims 4 expansions will get cheaper over time. One of those times where we just need to patiently wait for them to grow older haha. The holidays provided a few deals on a bit of them though so that's how I've gotten the latest of the packs. Don't have all of them yet though.

- - - Updated - - -

I get SO ADDICTED when I go on them!!! I have the Sims 4, it's so much better than the others I think! Wish I could get some expansion packs but then it ends up taking up so much space on my computer when you have a bunch :(

I used to get DLC from other places to have like custom hair and clothes, that was really cool

Yeah, luckily I don't have much on this laptop right now except for the sims because I just got it a few months ago. Origin is really good about keeping the games on there for installation if you do decide to uninstall to free up room. Sims 4 is definitely amazing, but I think Sims 3 is still my favorite right now. Probably just because I have all of the expansion packs for 3, and 4 still has many to go before it has the same aspects and more to the game. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so I'm obviously new to these forums haha. So ignore my repeats... :rolleyes:

LUCPIX
10-01-2017, 10:20 PM
Yes!!!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yes!!!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, luckily I don't have much on this laptop right now except for the sims because I just got it a few months ago. Origin is really good about keeping the games on there for installation if you do decide to uninstall to free up room. Sims 4 is definitely amazing, but I think Sims 3 is still my favorite right now. Probably just because I have all of the expansion packs for 3, and 4 still has many to go before it has the same aspects and more to the game. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so I'm obviously new to these forums haha. So ignore my repeats... :rolleyes:

If i'm not mistaken the third game has little and hidden samples of some Piano tracks from the first Sims, specially at that Spa :3
About the post update bug, it's more usual than you think XD

Kronics
12-01-2017, 02:05 AM
I still have all the Original sims that first came out from Hot Date to Makin Magic :P And now I have the Sims 4 but I can't afford the Expansion Packs :( But yes I love the Sims,Love making houses from small to Mansion's! I tend to follow The Sim Supply (https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSimSupply)He make's some amazing house's and tutorial's!

Anyway I will shut up now :D

Martin
12-01-2017, 02:11 AM
Yes!

I own The sims 2, 3 and 4.

Whilst I like the sims 4, it is missing one vital feature for me! The ability for customers to queue up in my shops. Open for business is my favourite expansion pack from the sims 2, and I love making my own shops and running them. Whilst you can do this in the sims 4, they've made it so that customers pay via an ipad rather than at the checkout, which annoys me!

LUCPIX
12-01-2017, 07:18 PM
I still have all the Original sims that first came out from Hot Date to Makin Magic

well well - you should try Livin Large and House Party too, they were the first two expansions packs for the first sims, just a few months before they released Hot Date !! We cannot explore a new neighborhood or visit cities with these expansions (that feature sounded impossible at the time maybe?) but you can prepare a convincing multi-themed party with a more slightly more complex AI (if i'm not mistaken, all the Sims become able to organize little queues in the bathroom's door - it's 2001 after all) and the possibility of creating little raves and clubs on the public zones :3 you'll love it!

plus, oh Kronics the soundtrack of Hot Date is SICK, you'll agree with me

cammiee.
14-01-2017, 02:48 PM
loads of my friends play the sims but i just don't find it that good tbh

laurienickey
19-01-2017, 01:45 PM
I still have all the Original sims that first came out from Hot Date to Makin Magic :P And now I have the Sims 4 but I can't afford the Expansion Packs :( But yes I love the Sims,Love making houses from small to Mansion's! I tend to follow The Sim Supply (https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSimSupply)He make's some amazing house's and tutorial's!

Anyway I will shut up now :D

I definitely feel this. Also, you never know when they will pay with this feature. Like I've had customers stay for hours after I've stopped allowing new customers, just sitting there, not eating lol (I suppose people do this irl too, but still). At least I'd have an idea on when I can close if they queued after they were finished, to pay.

Also, Vampires comes out NEXT week, I think. Totally thought it was coming out when I started this thread, but they just came out with the actual advert for it. BUT, toddlers was finally added as an update, which I honestly didn't really care either way when they would be added, but the Sims 4 facebook page I follow had someone posting daily about how they were pissed toddlers weren't in the game yet so just glad they can be quieted finally lol.

I'm pretty ready for the supernatural aspect of the game and maybe pets. I loved creating them in the sims 2 and 3.

LUCPIX
19-01-2017, 04:06 PM
BUT, toddlers was finally added as an update, which I honestly didn't really care either way when they would be added, but the Sims 4 facebook page I follow had someone posting daily about how they were pissed toddlers weren't in the game yet so just glad they can be quieted finally lol.

same here buddy
the crawling AI toddlers are particularly a pain in our neurons, the enemy of our patience (well, that's because playing using a family of 2 ppl = playing in super hard mode for me, so yeah)
all the missing stuff from TS4 looks really like an excuse to put em in the upcoming expansion packs, they wouldn't do that by accident

Josh!
21-01-2017, 03:23 AM
I have sims 3 and sim city, I havent played in a long time tho :(

despect
24-01-2017, 05:09 PM
I used to but now I have a laptop that doesnt have the bit where you put the disc in. In need of a new laptop tbh!

Martin
24-01-2017, 05:16 PM
I used to but now I have a laptop that doesnt have the bit where you put the disc in. In need of a new laptop tbh!

You can download the sims on origin! :D No discs needed!

despect
24-01-2017, 05:38 PM

Omg really? Ill have to do that then!! Thanks xo

LUCPIX
24-01-2017, 06:54 PM

do you know if the expansions are playable on Windows 8/10?? I tried to install Sims 2: NightLife on a W8 and it simply didn't work - they says it is the OS's fault :(

Martin
24-01-2017, 07:01 PM
do you know if the expansions are playable on Windows 8/10?? I tried to install Sims 2: NightLife on a W8 and it simply didn't work - they says it is the OS's fault :(

Do you mean discs? If so then yes they sure are! However, you may have to play with compatibility settings/manually update the sims 2 game. I'm currently playing Sims 2 and Sims 2: Open for Business on my windows 10 laptop.

I had a few problems when I first tried to install them in that they would crash every time the game tried to update when installing, but I found some help online and a manual download and it all works fine now :D

I have the complete collection on origin too, but I find that lags too much for me/I don't need ALL of the EP's :P

despect
25-01-2017, 02:43 PM
Do you mean discs? If so then yes they sure are! However, you may have to play with compatibility settings/manually update the sims 2 game. I'm currently playing Sims 2 and Sims 2: Open for Business on my windows 10 laptop.

I had a few problems when I first tried to install them in that they would crash every time the game tried to update when installing, but I found some help online and a manual download and it all works fine now :D

I have the complete collection on origin too, but I find that lags too much for me/I don't need ALL of the EP's :P

Thanks for the info, I was always wondering how I could play sims without the disc!

lawrawrrr
07-02-2017, 09:39 PM
I just started playing sims 4 again, just downloaded the city living pack and excited to play it!! got a cute family going already :D

Martin
07-02-2017, 10:49 PM
I just started playing sims 4 again, just downloaded the city living pack and excited to play it!! got a cute family going already :D

Snap!

Although I only have the get to work expansion pack :P

Decided that the sims 2 graphics were just too old :(

I've made myself so far and have got myself a job as a musician!

RelliexHD
16-02-2017, 01:43 PM
I've played it twice and to be honest, it isn't really my type of game

despect
22-02-2017, 10:45 PM
I've played it twice and to be honest, it isn't really my type of game

It wasnt mine when i first started playing then i played it more and fell in love with it :)

FlyingJesus
22-02-2017, 11:04 PM
Got Sims 4 the other day and already reverted back to 3, the lack of open world was really annoying since there is literally nowhere you can go except your own house and out in the square unless you want to sit through a loading screen and lose control of all your other sims :(

Sho
22-02-2017, 11:06 PM
what do y'all think of the cute lil toddlers in sims 4

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!