PDA

View Full Version : Flights cancelled ahead of snowy conditions

_spirit
12-01-2017, 12:13 PM
Flights have been cancelled amid warnings of blizzard conditions set to sweep across the UK on Thursday.

*London's Heathrow Airport said airlines had pre-emptively cancelled 100 departures and arrivals, with disruption expected from 15:00 GMT.

*The airport said without the cancellations it could not reschedule the flights delayed by the weather.

*The Met Office has issued yellow "be aware" weather warnings for snow for much of the UK up until Saturday.

*Airports including Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Belfast International and Belfast City airports are operating
as normal with no reported weather-related disruption.

*Frequent snow showers and strong winds are expected widely across Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and the north of England
on Thursday.

*Meanwhile in the south, there is the possibility of sleet or snow for a short time.

The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for wind and snow across Scotland, with gusts of up to 60mph in places as well as 10cm (4in) to 20cm (8in) of snow on higher ground.

Keep updated here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38594739

https://www.habbox.com/staffupload/../assets/images//a82790883efff36df5684188f5f4993f.jpg

scottish
12-01-2017, 01:35 PM
It's already been snowing, catch up.

FlyingJesus
12-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Yellow warning literally just means "it might snow" we got that here and instead it's just pissing with rain as expected

scottish
12-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Snowing here since yesterday

FlyingJesus
12-01-2017, 08:24 PM
We've just had SO MUCH SNOW OMF IT'S LIKE GREENLAND IN HERE

jk it sort of settled a bit on top of cars and that's it lol gonna freeze overnight and become black ice all over the road hooray
I hate ice and snow

Absently
12-01-2017, 09:50 PM
We've had no snow whatsoever :( sucks living so close to the beach

Empired
13-01-2017, 07:21 AM
gonna sue bbc weather tbh they promised me snow and they even told me it WAS SNOWING MY LOCATION WHEN THE SKY WAS CLEAR

scottish
13-01-2017, 11:30 AM
snowed again last night rip

Matt
13-01-2017, 02:56 PM
I hope it snows so much that Heathrow has to close and I can stay here for another week (which isn't going to happen)

Cerys
13-01-2017, 03:01 PM
wtf dont be daft matt who in their right mind would want to stay in england any longer than they need to !!

it was snowing lastnight when i was in manchester oh my lord i was basically more snow than human, covered in it! but doesnt look like theres been any back home in gods land

Samantha
13-01-2017, 03:38 PM
wtf dont be daft matt who in their right mind would want to stay in england any longer than they need to !!

it was snowing lastnight when i was in manchester oh my lord i was basically more snow than human, covered in it! but doesnt look like theres been any back home in gods land

Yeah we haven't had any! After we got out of Manchester and over the Pennines it all stopped, it was lovely driving home in it, but mad too :P.

-:Undertaker:-
13-01-2017, 10:05 PM
snow snow
wont you go go
ho ho said the man in the red suit
if it snows dont forget to wear a boot

x

Matt
13-01-2017, 10:22 PM

someone who has to go back to work as soon as they get back ;( I love the cold even if I pretend like I don't

_spirit
13-01-2017, 11:12 PM
gonna sue bbc weather tbh they promised me snow and they even told me it WAS SNOWING MY LOCATION WHEN THE SKY WAS CLEAR

Same!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cammiee.
14-01-2017, 03:17 PM
never snowed here :(

despect
14-01-2017, 05:25 PM
We were told we were going to have a snow storm but we had literally 5 minutes of snow so if that's our "snow storm" then I'm perfectly okay with that. Not a huge fan of snow tbh simply because it does effect travelling and it takes me twice as long to get to work even though it only taking 30 minutes!

FlyingJesus
14-01-2017, 07:54 PM
The whole storm was a joke, people in certain areas went into shelters thinking their houses were gonna get destroyed or something and a couple of garden gnomes fell over

despect
15-01-2017, 02:14 AM
The whole storm was a joke, people in certain areas went into shelters thinking their houses were gonna get destroyed or something and a couple of garden gnomes fell over

Thing is they built it up into something that was going to be so big and people beware kinda thing and it snowed for 5 minutes here. Still time though I guess!

Kronics
16-01-2017, 12:36 PM
Well to be honest, the closest thing I had to snow here was hail! -.- It was told that it would be 6 inches here... HAHAHA! Yeah suuuuure..... I never believe the weather reports. But for Flights it's understandable. It will effect them thousands of feet in the air! Lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!