PDA

View Full Version : Should artists be allowed to lip-sync?

hungryfront
14-01-2017, 01:42 PM
So a while ago Mariah Carey had that concert and she stopped singing but her voice carried on because she was lip-syncing. Personally I love Amy Winehouse and she never lip-synced, every performance was different. But when you go to a concert and the artist isn't actually singing, isn't it sort of fraud?

What do you think - should artists be allowed to lip-sync at concerts or should they sing live?

lemons
14-01-2017, 01:46 PM
yes they should obviously those who dont are more credible but sometimes lip syncing is just for the best! eg beyonce is a great live singer and entertainer whereas you have someone like britney spears who seems to lip sync everything but she is still a good entertainer

i wouldnt wanna go to a concert where they couldnt sing live but if they lip synced and put on a good show i would not mind

_spirit
14-01-2017, 01:56 PM
I would not like to go to a concert were the artist would just lip sync, Whats the point in paying so much money to watch someone lip sync?

cammiee.
14-01-2017, 03:19 PM
nah, no point in lip sync just sing if ur a good singer n if ur not dont simple

despect
14-01-2017, 06:01 PM
Personally, the people who lip sync are the ones who are better entertainers whereas the ones who actually sing are the better singers. I can only name a few that are all rounders, one being Beyonce which was mentioned in the thread earlier.

Neptupid
30-01-2017, 05:22 PM
Paying all that money to see someone lip sync is terrible and probably is classed as fraud in many people's minds. People go to concerts to "Feel" the music at a close,fun and personal level. If you wanted to listen to pre recorded music you wouldn't need to pay all that money as its available online. It great to see the artist and that's worth the money for the moment you get but when you listen to music that isn't live that destroys the moment you paid so much money for.

-:Undertaker:-
30-01-2017, 06:28 PM
anyone who knowingly pays a lot of money to go see a singer lip sync is a fool who deserves to be ripped off

Landon
01-02-2017, 08:28 PM
Lipsyncing is absolute junk; that's why the good old days of classic rock were the best - there was no technology to lipsync.
Maybe that also explains why they are the most respected of them all.

despect
02-02-2017, 01:34 AM
anyone who knowingly pays a lot of money to go see a singer lip sync is a fool who deserves to be ripped off

Youve hit the nail on the head there with this point because I feel the same too but people actually do pay money for it and its a complete waste if you ask me.

Landon
03-02-2017, 01:45 PM
Youve hit the nail on the head there with this point because I feel the same too but people actually do pay money for it and its a complete waste if you ask me.

Agreed, you might as well just watch one of their concerts on YouTube because it is meaningless.

Bloop
03-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Lip-syncing is also a solid form of performance and can actually entertain more than you think (rupaul's drag race, comedy central's lip sync battles) which pretty much fufills the artist's job - to entertain - so why not!

I don't think those who pay to see performances and concerts where lip-syncing is involved are ripped off since what even is 'real' anyway - ie accusations that vocals on Britney Spears' records aren't even hers, auto-tuning on records, the entire process of music producing and editing.

Landon
03-02-2017, 05:16 PM
I don't think those who pay to see performances and concerts where lip-syncing is involved are ripped off since what even is 'real' anyway - ie accusations that vocals on Britney Spears' records aren't even hers, auto-tuning on records, the entire process of music producing and editing.

You make a good point. That there is what I think is wrong with modern music. Hence why I stick to classic rock. It's not engineered trash.

Akeel
05-03-2017, 09:28 AM
nah, no point in lip sync just sing if ur a good singer n if ur not dont simple

britney is an amazing singer but some artists find it hard to sing and dance at the same time.. so yeah

Charlie
05-03-2017, 01:28 PM
in live tv performances, i don't really care. i understand things can go wrong so it's probably for the best. if i'm seeing someone live than i expect them to actually sing because i'm not paying money to watch someone just play their cd for me, i could do that at home.

Sho
05-03-2017, 09:04 PM
i wouldn't pay to see someone lip sync, think it's a waste of money

Martin
05-03-2017, 09:06 PM
I think sometimes a balance is good if it's like a big concert. Like lip sync some of the faster numbers with lots of dance moves, but then do some of the slower ones live too! I've known bands in the past alternate between the two during a concert and it isn't always that noticeable really, but you still get to hear live singing! For smaller gigs though I do think it's always nicer to sing live where possible!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!