PDA

View Full Version : Muslim women 'stopped from becoming Labour councillors'

-:Undertaker:-
06-02-2017, 07:31 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35504185

Muslim women 'stopped from becoming Labour councillors'

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FE1cTAOYSP8/VUjUUjQDqnI/AAAAAAAAkcc/BpEpqAUpyks/s1600/llm.jpg
A Labour Party meeting in modern Britain

A Muslim women's group has written to Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn claiming women have been stopped from becoming councillors by Muslim men in the party.

Muslim Women's Network UK demanded an inquiry into "systematic misogyny displayed by significant numbers of Muslim male local councillors". "They don't like women to be heard, to be empowered," it told BBC Newsnight.

Labour said it had the best record of any of the parties in selecting female and ethnic minority candidates. As Mr Corbyn prepared to speak to the Association of Labour Councillors on Saturday, BBC Newsnight spoke to about a dozen Muslim women up and down the country.

They appeared to point to a pattern of obstruction from within Labour Muslim ranks and back up Muslim Women's Network UK's complaints of sabotage. Optician Fozia Parveen claims her efforts to become a Labour councillor in Birmingham in 2008 were scuppered by men within the party.

She said: "At the time, I was aware of a smear campaign against me. "They said that I was having an affair with one of the existing councillors. "I was quite taken aback. People were turning up at my family home trying to intimidate my mum."

Newsnight was told similar stories by other women who wished to remain anonymous. One said: "They spread this slander about me. It's the way they get to you." Another said she had been told by Labour members "Islam and feminism aren't compatible".

An advocate for gay rights was told: "This is un-Islamic. Leave that for white people." And many spoke of being criticised for being too Westernised.

Great stuff to see left wingers collide with the mess they've imported.

From the party of the working class to the party for immigrants and Islam. Just ask the children of Rotherham.

Thoughts?

Landon
06-02-2017, 08:25 PM
Funny this happens because women are already suppressed under their beliefs!

AgnesIO
06-02-2017, 08:46 PM
Are we going to ignore the countries that have female Muslim leaders? Thought I would ask here as it is related, and you forgot to answer my question in the other thread.

06-02-2017, 09:52 PM
What would you like to ask?

AgnesIO
06-02-2017, 10:48 PM
What would you like to ask?

I've quoted you multiple times on the matter (relating to this very topic). You ignore it every time.

- - - Updated - - -

Like the leaders of Muslim nations that are female?

Women are disadvantaged/suppressed to different extents across the entire world.

But I'm sure we can solve that if we just "grab 'em by the pussy​", right?? :rolleyes:

06-02-2017, 11:10 PM

Women are disadvantaged/suppressed to different extents across the entire world.

But I'm sure we can solve that if we just "grab 'em by the pussy​", right?? :rolleyes:

Women are not disadvantaged and treated like dirt as much as they are in the Islamic world. And that's the simple point. The reason why I cba with the replies is again shown by this reply. You're asking me seriously to show how women are treated badly in the Islamic world (as though that needs an explanation) and at the same time attack President Trump for saying grab 'em by the pussy. Would you also like a class on how gays are treated in the Islamic world and your ABC's while we're at it? I mean really!

Sort. Out. Your. Priorities. You wanna make a stand on women's rights? Then grow a pair and attack the places and people who really treat women like dirt instead of trying to score silly political points on here by quoting a Howard Stern interview. :rolleyes:

Landon
07-02-2017, 12:06 AM

Refer to this, as this is what I meant. Not leaders:

Women are not disadvantaged and treated like dirt as much as they are in the Islamic world.

AgnesIO
07-02-2017, 07:35 AM
Women are not disadvantaged and treated like dirt as much as they are in the Islamic world. And that's the simple point. The reason why I cba with the replies is again shown by this reply. You're asking me seriously to show how women are treated badly in the Islamic world (as though that needs an explanation) and at the same time attack President Trump for saying grab 'em by the pussy. Would you also like a class on how gays are treated in the Islamic world and your ABC's while we're at it? I mean really!

Sort. Out. Your. Priorities. You wanna make a stand on women's rights? Then grow a pair and attack the places and people who really treat women like dirt instead of trying to score silly political points on here by quoting a Howard Stern interview. :rolleyes:

Is Howard Stern the bald one or the one with long hair? But yes, obviously I was quoting him.

As an activist for womens rights, I realise that simply debunking someone's religion is an entirely ineffective way of raising them. Apparently, unlike you.

And you refuse to reply as you don't have enough examples of rights that apply to virtually all Muslim nations.

- - - Updated - - -

Refer to this, as this is what I meant. Not leaders:

I debunked your views in another thread. You couldn't argue with my response.

Shar
07-02-2017, 04:30 PM
That's ignorance talking.

Landon
07-02-2017, 05:01 PM
That's ignorance talking.

Women are not suppressed under Muslim religion and faith? Explain.

AgnesIO
07-02-2017, 06:26 PM

You're supposed to explain why it is true...

08-02-2017, 12:23 AM

Every religion is equal remember in the same way that everybody was equal in the Soviet Union.

That's why you'll see the liberals holding gay pride/feminist/atheist marches in Muslim countries or Muslim areas.... not.

Shar
08-02-2017, 07:03 AM
:rolleyes:

Women are are really important in Islam. The prophet Muhammad's wife Khadija was much older than him and was much richer than him and was the breadwinner. She was a leader in many ways.

All Muslim women must be opressed though and they all have no rights. You're totally correct.

08-02-2017, 11:52 AM
:rolleyes:

Women are are really important in Islam. The prophet Muhammad's wife Khadija was much older than him and was much richer than him and was the breadwinner. She was a leader in many ways.

Frankly meaningless. That's like when Christians use the excuse of the Bible says Jesus loves everyone, it still doesn't explain away the horrible way Christian societies treated gay people and still do treat gay people in African nations for instance.

All Muslim women must be opressed though and they all have no rights. You're totally correct.

Nobody said that all, a non-sequitur you've just inserted to make the debate something it is not.

FlyingJesus
08-02-2017, 04:33 PM
Yeah don't do that, that's Dan's job

Shar
08-02-2017, 07:08 PM
And a good job if it he does. I'll leave you to it Dan

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!