PDA

View Full Version : Rare Values

youCant
28-02-2017, 07:49 AM
Hi.

I don't visit Habbox or Habbo much (read: extremely rarely), but I came back to try and find out the price of a certain rare value, but I couldn't find anywhere on your homepage if it existed. Eventually I found a link to the v6 site which just throws up a mysql error. What's up?

Matt
28-02-2017, 09:40 AM
Rare Values has been gone for a long time. There was/is a manager but no idea who it is or what they do - think it might be zipol idk. People go elsewhere now and imo Habbox well and truly missed the window of opportunity where rare values could still be brought back and it still be popular with non-members.

Brad
28-02-2017, 12:45 PM
RIP RV.
Not too sure where you'll be able to find rare values elsewhere.
Best of luck.

Expling
28-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Unfortunately our RV system has gone a little down hill and we don't have a system ATM. We used to use the old site for values and I was hoping to get that back until a new one was created but it was deleted

We've got plans for it to come back extremely soon though, designs are done and we're just waiting on the site development team to find the time to finish off with the styling and then we'll do a nice big event for its return!

I'm the meantime though I'm sure someone in the ultra rare trade on habbo will happily help you with certain rare values! They're an official habbox room so give one of them a shout and they'll be sure to have a look, or you can ask people on here and they'll help too :)

despect
28-02-2017, 02:31 PM
It would be good to see rvs back up and running and I hope management arent just giving the "itll be up really soon" excuse. I know lots of people have been working really hard on it though so I dont see why it wont be up and running soon!

Sho
28-02-2017, 05:09 PM
hopefully it'll be back up soon. although that would mean Intersocial; and i would have to re-add rare values on half the pages on the wiki again after spending days removing them all hahaha

Chris
28-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Unfortunately our RV system has gone a little down hill and we don't have a system ATM. We used to use the old site for values and I was hoping to get that back until a new one was created but it was deleted

We've got plans for it to come back extremely soon though, designs are done and we're just waiting on the site development team to find the time to finish off with the styling and then we'll do a nice big event for its return!

I'm the meantime though I'm sure someone in the ultra rare trade on habbo will happily help you with certain rare values! They're an official habbox room so give one of them a shout and they'll be sure to have a look, or you can ask people on here and they'll help too :)
This all sounds good, but let's be honest, it won't happen. No one is going to commit the amount of time necessary to build such a system, at least not for free anyway.

If it does then I'll eat my little habbo hat.

despect
28-02-2017, 05:26 PM
This all sounds good, but let's be honest, it won't happen. No one is going to commit the amount of time necessary to build such a system, at least not for free anyway.

Hasnt the rebuilding of rvs been going on for agess now? I thought ever since Lauren was AGM. I dont know how far it has come along though.

Martin
28-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Surely it would have made more sense to at least do something temporary whilst the system was being built like set up some pages on the site for the rares you can't find on the marketplace etc? Even having the values manually listed on a page surely would have been better than nothing and kept at least a few people coming to Habbox for values? You could have like included information to "Ask a rare values reporter" for information on a rare too so they could get in contact with Habbox to find out, since the department was still there, just not the system.

Chris
28-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Hasnt the rebuilding of rvs been going on for agess now? I thought ever since Lauren was AGM. I dont know how far it has come along though.
Don't think so haha. Been in limbo as far as anyone is aware

despect
28-02-2017, 05:35 PM
Don't think so haha. Been in limbo as far as anyone is aware

Oh wow. I always wondered if it had been going on for so long then it should of been out ages ago. Who knows we may be suprised!

scottish
28-02-2017, 06:20 PM

It's not going to be a system built from scratch.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

Surely it would have made more sense to at least do something temporary whilst the system was being built like set up some pages on the site for the rares you can't find on the marketplace etc? Even having the values manually listed on a page surely would have been better than nothing and kept at least a few people coming to Habbox for values? You could have like included information to "Ask a rare values reporter" for information on a rare too so they could get in contact with Habbox to find out, since the department was still there, just not the system.

I think the plan was to keep the v6 one was a temporary thing, but someone obviously deleted that at some point with no backups.

Martin
28-02-2017, 07:31 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the plan was to keep the v6 one was a temporary thing, but someone obviously deleted that at some point with no backups.

That was always pretty flaky though to be honest, like having to be redirected to another site in the first place. I know a lot of people look for things like teleporter values etc and I'm just saying perhaps the department could have done just simple pages on the current site for those at least as some way of showing that we're still here.

Chris
28-02-2017, 07:51 PM

I very much doubt it'll make any difference, but if you pull through with it it'll be a pleasant surprise. :P

scottish
28-02-2017, 09:40 PM
It's nothing to do with me.

-:Undertaker:-
01-03-2017, 02:14 AM

I used to do this when the website went down in the old days (2006 on wards) for a few days or a week, type up a list of items that were changing/above 1 CS and keep them updated in forum announcements. Obviously harder to do now but not sure why something hasn't been attempted along these lines given the site is up and the period that the RV system has been down has been months.

I'm pretty resigned now to nothing happening on this site generally. A few months ago I was optimistic that things could actually happen and on time for once but it has just been the same business as usual. I pity those on staff because it is so demoralising. :(

despect
01-03-2017, 02:42 AM
I used to do this when the website went down in the old days (2006 on wards) for a few days or a week, type up a list of items that were changing/above 1 CS and keep them updated in forum announcements. Obviously harder to do now but not sure why something hasn't been attempted along these lines given the site is up and the period that the RV system has been down has been months.

I'm pretty resigned now to nothing happening on this site generally. A few months ago I was optimistic that things could actually happen and on time for once but it has just been the same business as usual. I pity those on staff because it is so demoralising. :(

Being staff isn't that bad but you do often wonder what's happening and what people are actually doing to bring out the best of Habbox :P.

youCant
01-03-2017, 06:06 AM
So I'm guessing rare values aside this site is nothing like it was a few years back? What's changed? Everyone (or the people running the site) got older and don't care as much? You never handballed off the reigns to new and upcoming admins/senior staff?

Matt
01-03-2017, 09:52 AM
who was the GM when we changed from v6 over to v7

Sho
01-03-2017, 09:59 AM
who was the GM when we changed from v6 over to v7

chris i think

Brad
01-03-2017, 12:57 PM
Im surprised with technology this day in age we haven't found a widget or anything to be able to attach the RVs to the forum itself.
RV

- - - Updated - - -

So I'm guessing rare values aside this site is nothing like it was a few years back? What's changed? Everyone (or the people running the site) got older and don't care as much? You never handballed off the reigns to new and upcoming admins/senior staff?

Yeah, with a lot of turn over means a lot of falling behind and a lot of missed communication. But nothing habbox isn't used to.
Turn over rates are higher in some departments than others, and some levels of senior/head are easily disposable.
It's all in who is in those positions that either make it work or not.

_spirit
01-03-2017, 05:09 PM
lawrawrrr;

lawrawrrr
01-03-2017, 05:26 PM

To the last paragraph: every time I get o a stage where we're ready and willing to do something, someone resigns or goes AWOL or the site breaks or something goes down - it's awful. So much development work has been done by me over the last few months only to hit a stall so it looks like I'm doing sweet FA which couldn't be further from th trruth.

As for RV, as others have said, we have a functional system and plan for how it's going to be used. I handed this over for theming last month, but the development site seems to have disappeared so once again, that's another crappy obstacle that's put a massive hit on months of testing and work that I put in.

Yes and it's totally demoralising for this to constantly happen and constantly have to explain and apologise and try and get alternatives sorted (for them to fall through as well) but I really have tried so hard.

As for comments about time frames, yes this has been going on since I was AGM even - the plans have changed a few times though, from having a custom built system by our coders (before they left, got replaced, left, couldn't do it etc etc) to just pages, to the current system that we have that works very well. It's so close now though and I want to see it done!!

Ok I think that's everything I'm trying pls ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawrawrrr
01-03-2017, 05:30 PM
Oh and V6 being deleted was the worst thing that could have happened in the circumstances with RV but that wasn't intentional.

David
01-03-2017, 05:42 PM
rip

scottish
01-03-2017, 06:09 PM
To the last paragraph: every time I get o a stage where we're ready and willing to do something, someone resigns or goes AWOL or the site breaks or something goes down - it's awful. So much development work has been done by me over the last few months only to hit a stall so it looks like I'm doing sweet FA which couldn't be further from th trruth.

As for RV, as others have said, we have a functional system and plan for how it's going to be used. I handed this over for theming last month, but the development site seems to have disappeared so once again, that's another crappy obstacle that's put a massive hit on months of testing and work that I put in.

Yes and it's totally demoralising for this to constantly happen and constantly have to explain and apologise and try and get alternatives sorted (for them to fall through as well) but I really have tried so hard.

As for comments about time frames, yes this has been going on since I was AGM even - the plans have changed a few times though, from having a custom built system by our coders (before they left, got replaced, left, couldn't do it etc etc) to just pages, to the current system that we have that works very well. It's so close now though and I want to see it done!!

Ok I think that's everything I'm trying pls ;(

The problem is most people who get into positions that it becomes noticeable if they bail are typically older, and then run into time issues.

Like when I joined for the first like month I was always active doing stuff for V8 and fixing stuff that's pissed people off for the past year, then ran into time issues with work and life, so now I lack any time to look at V8 really.

If I had this position in uni then without a doubt I'd have V8 done or almost done by this stage as I had nothing but time, but with working full time, life and other stuff going on I suddenly have 0 time for hx.

But yes I can confirm lawrawrrrr does do some work...

xxMATTGxx
01-03-2017, 08:03 PM
but the development site seems to have disappeared so once again, that's another crappy obstacle that's put a massive hit on months of testing and work that I put in.

No it hasn't - The dev site is still there. The only problem with the dev site was an SSL certificate issue which I was only aware of on Monday. Haven't had the time until now to fix it. (It's fixed)

lawrawrrr
01-03-2017, 08:04 PM
Woo thanks for fixing :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!