PDA

View Full Version : Are forums dying?

nat965
11-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Are forums dying? Not hxf, but forums in general over the ease and convenience of Facebook groups?

e5
11-03-2017, 09:13 PM
No, I think forums are still very much an active thing. They've probably slowed a little due to the things you mention however, I think forums like this are a little different to 'forums' on facebook in the way which posts are displayed and the way you and respond to them.

despect
11-03-2017, 10:12 PM
I think forums are still quite active and still used quite a lot. I personally think even the activity on this forum has increased and I see more people signing up and posting around etc which is always a good sign. I think forums just need that drive to come up with new inventive ideas to keep people on the forum entertained.

Landon
11-03-2017, 10:23 PM
Definitely not as popular as they used to be imo.

Chris
12-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Yeah, with the increased use of social media things have declined. I think we should just have a habbox reddit :D

Brad
12-03-2017, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I am going to agree on this one. Something that I find, especially being on Twitter, is there are so many people on Twitter that connecting with them is easy, competitions are always happening and you are instantly advertising when you tweet at someone.

Landon
12-03-2017, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I am going to agree on this one. Something that I find, especially being on Twitter, is there are so many people on Twitter that connecting with them is easy, competitions are always happening and you are instantly advertising when you tweet at someone.

It's a lot more convenient as well to go through Twitter instead of having to deal with the horrible design of the tapatalk app. Tapatalk is very unfriendly to HabboxForum, especially on my android.

Brad
12-03-2017, 06:08 PM
It's a lot more convenient as well to go through Twitter instead of having to deal with the horrible design of the tapatalk app. Tapatalk is very unfriendly to HabboxForum, especially on my android.

Oh no kidding. I totally agree. I definitely do not like Tapatalk for habbox. Lol

I've even seen Instagram and Facebook being more popular but with Facebook, you are exposing your true identity. (unless you make a separate account.)

Charlie
12-03-2017, 06:08 PM
I don't really use forums anymore, and I don't really see them being mentioned anywhere either. I feel like reddit is a better alternative these days which could make some forums dead/slow.

LUCPIX
12-03-2017, 06:19 PM

Oh no kidding. I totally agree. I definitely do not like Tapatalk for habbox. Lol

I've even seen Instagram and Facebook being more popular but with Facebook, you are exposing your true identity. (unless you make a separate account.)

What if you guys access HabboxForum activating the "view-website-as-it-is-seen-on-desktop-thing" mode?
Well, obviously it's a pain in the head if you're using a 4-inches phone (...consummating the mobile data package - aaaa) but this should be a good solution for tablets, maybe? Try it and see if that works for you :o

Brad
12-03-2017, 06:26 PM
What if you guys access HabboxForum activating the "view-website-as-it-is-seen-on-desktop-thing" mode?
Well, obviously it's a pain in the head if you're using a 4-inches phone (...consummating the mobile data package - aaaa) but this should be a good solution for tablets, maybe? Try it and see if that works for you :o

Yeah I tried my iPad, but I don't usually have my iPad all the time.
Also, I have wifi, so no worries for that. :)

Landon
15-03-2017, 12:27 AM

Well, for me it's just design. I find it harder to get around. I don't have a problem with accessing on a smaller device. Just the fact that I don't think Tapatalk has a very good design haha.

despect
15-03-2017, 01:05 AM
I use forum on my mobile without tapatalk and its pretty much the same as using it on my laptop :)

Brad
15-03-2017, 01:32 AM
I use forum on my mobile without tapatalk and its pretty much the same as using it on my laptop :)

I only use the Tapatalk now if I need to post a picture on the forum. Lol

despect
15-03-2017, 01:37 AM
I only use the Tapatalk now if I need to post a picture on the forum. Lol

Ohh yeah I dont think ive ever tried that on my mobile haha

Landon
15-03-2017, 01:54 AM

Idk what it is but using it on a PC is so much better

despect
15-03-2017, 02:13 AM
Idk what it is but using it on a PC is so much better

Its easier for sure!

Brad
15-03-2017, 04:06 AM
But to direct it back on the main topic of forums dying. I think if forums need to keep up to date, it needs to change to generate the same ease as places like Tumblr and Reddit.

despect
15-03-2017, 05:22 PM
But to direct it back on the main topic of forums dying. I think if forums need to keep up to date, it needs to change to generate the same ease as places like Tumblr and Reddit.

I think more features are needed for sure!

LUCPIX
15-03-2017, 05:31 PM
One of the main characteristics of the forums is that it keeps the style and way-of-use from the old websites from the old times, when the social media were not for everybody and the forums were the main source of sharing love and making friends and now it's reversed, you know, the social media became pop and forums are "not for everybody"

And, well, it's not exactly a problem, you know - it makes a considerable contrast between the nowadays's way to access and post things not because it's worse but because the forums still kind of obligate the users to create contents and think by their own because there's not a "Share" button here; so if you want to share your opinions and interests, you can't passively share a "SHARE IF YOU LIKE TOMATOES AND LIKE IF YOU LOVE POTATOES" post; instead, you must to write I love potatoes and, still, must to create a brief argument explaining why you love it and why everyone who doesn't are wrong, lol Plus, if you want to make your post prettier and cooler, you must to develop in yourself a little bit of programming skills which bolds our words and puts youtube videos

On today's social media, the superficiality of the quick-and-vague-way-to-discuss-things is quite attractive and replaces the healthy and independent way to discuss from the forums, we members are survivors haha

TinyFroggy
08-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Tbh, I don't really know any active forums. So yeah, I consider forums to be dying.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!