PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything that bothers you about today's society?

Landon
14-03-2017, 01:46 AM
Just out of curiosity, is there anything that bothers you about today's society? What fears do you have about our fellow humans in general?

Note: Keep in mind, this may get political or include topics that might make some people uncomfortable. Do not be surprised if arguments start!

HotelUser
14-03-2017, 02:54 AM
Hotdogs. Why do hotdogs come in packs of 10, and buns in packs of 8? As a society I really wish we could figure this out... there ought to be a law.

Stephen
14-03-2017, 03:14 AM
hardly see pack of 10 hotdogs here

only 6-8 and i mostly get rolls that have like 6 in a pack

Empired
14-03-2017, 07:12 AM
Price of FREDDO FUCKING FROGS IT'S CRIMINAL

DJ-Tripjay
14-03-2017, 07:45 AM
aye This is a BIG wtf i accutaly delt with tonight :P

- - - Updated - - -

and lando if i could rely with a heart to your post i would :P

despect
14-03-2017, 07:49 AM
Price of FREDDO FUCKING FROGS IT'S CRIMINAL

Omg I second this. I dont get why they cost so much!

hungryfront
14-03-2017, 08:02 AM
Everything is in faster than they should?? FREDDOS SHOULDN'T BE 250% WHAT THEY WERE??

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

FlyingJesus
14-03-2017, 10:08 AM
My back really hurts and I am not at all pleased about it

RuthOnToast
14-03-2017, 10:44 AM
Hotdogs. Why do hotdogs come in packs of 10, and buns in packs of 8? As a society I really wish we could figure this out... there ought to be a law.

You need extra hotdogs in case you dropped one or for your dog.

Brad
14-03-2017, 12:46 PM
The fact that food always goes up, yet the amount of chemicals (especially in North America) that go into the food keeps increasing.
Nothing is fresh anymore.

Alkaz
14-03-2017, 03:57 PM
********s that don't thank you when you stop to let them through, people who don't use indicators, people who push their way through when there is quite clearly a jam and no where for cars to go, BMW drivers.

Landon
14-03-2017, 07:36 PM
BMW drivers.

Lol they think they're pretty cool

despect
14-03-2017, 08:25 PM
I think these days there's a lot of prejudgement before actually getting to know someone, so you're judged on how you look, your religion, skin colour etc and it's horrible. I mean that person who you are judging could be the nicest person you could ever met but you don't speak with them because you don't like a feature about them.

Landon
14-03-2017, 08:28 PM
I think these days there's a lot of prejudgement before actually getting to know someone, so you're judged on how you look, your religion, skin colour etc and it's horrible. I mean that person who you are judging could be the nicest person you could ever met but you don't speak with them because you don't like a feature about them.

Idk why, but this made me think of radio announcers. Here in town, a lot of us are shocked when we find out the commercial radio personalities for our local station are scrawny guys. lmao

despect
14-03-2017, 08:31 PM
Idk why, but this made me think of radio announcers. Here in town, a lot of us are shocked when we find out the commercial radio personalities for our local station are scrawny guys. lmao

Yeah see, it's the same sort of thing like when you didn't know what they look you based your opinion on their voices and not how they looked.

Landon
14-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Yeah see, it's the same sort of thing like when you didn't know what they look you based your opinion on their voices and not how they looked.

"Never judge a book by its cover."

despect
14-03-2017, 08:35 PM
"Never judge a book by its cover."

If only society lived by that saying! haha

Stephen
14-03-2017, 08:36 PM
oh also people on their phone constantly
like when they're walking along the street fixated on their phones and you're walking behind them then BAM they stop suddenly and you almost walk into them

be like bitch i oughta knock that shit out your hands you arse munching ****

Landon
14-03-2017, 08:43 PM
oh also people on their phone constantly
like when they're walking along the street fixated on their phones and you're walking behind them then BAM they stop suddenly and you almost walk into them

be like bitch i oughta knock that shit out your hands you arse munching ****

Texting and driving is also a big issue. At least here in the US. Cops sometimes will literally stand at intersections and look along a stopped line of vehicles and peg whoever they see are on their phones.

Brad
14-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Texting and driving is also a big issue. At least here in the US. Cops sometimes will literally stand at intersections and look along a stopped line of vehicles and peg whoever they see are on their phones.

Yes!!! Frig I hate people who text and drive. I literally honk my horn and yell at the driver when we pass them or are at a set of lights.

Landon
14-03-2017, 08:56 PM
Yes!!! Frig I hate people who text and drive. I literally honk my horn and yell at the driver when we pass them or are at a set of lights.

LOL you need to get a sport bike. They are quite notorious for doing this.

Brad
14-03-2017, 08:58 PM
LOL you need to get a sport bike. They are quite notorious for doing this.

Haha, that's another thing that ticks me off. People with motorcycles who think that they have free range of all Lanes because they can pass between cars. Freaks the crap out of me.

Landon
14-03-2017, 09:01 PM
Haha, that's another thing that ticks me off. People with motorcycles who think that they have free range of all Lanes because they can pass between cars. Freaks the crap out of me.

In some states here such as California, lane splitting and filtering is legal. Not here in Kansas though. Dunno what it's like in Canada lol

Brad
14-03-2017, 09:03 PM
In some states here such as California, lane splitting and filtering is legal. Not here in Kansas though. Dunno what it's like in Canada lol

Oh it's way illegal, but people still do it.

Landon
14-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Oh it's way illegal, but people still do it.

Yeah and to add onto what you are saying, it's funny because the bikers thing that they are always in the right and then smash windows to get revenge on people LOL

despect
14-03-2017, 09:06 PM
People seem to do that quite a lot here too but the police have been doing more checks and got a lot more strict with people on their phones and driving. It still happens obviously but I'd say a little less. Still a lot of work to do there I guess!

Landon
14-03-2017, 09:09 PM
People seem to do that quite a lot here too but the police have been doing more checks and got a lot more strict with people on their phones and driving. It still happens obviously but I'd say a little less. Still a lot of work to do there I guess!

The cops have actually been thinking about ways to catch people. Like using a specific "gun" to detect signals or whatever. Idk what it is specifically but I doubt it'll ever happen.

despect
14-03-2017, 09:11 PM
The cops have actually been thinking about ways to catch people. Like using a specific "gun" to detect signals or whatever. Idk what it is specifically but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Sounds a bit like one of their broken promises that just never happen haha.

Landon
14-03-2017, 09:12 PM
Sounds a bit like one of their broken promises that just never happen haha.

Eh. They probably have better things to do. I say if someone texts and drives and either hurts or kills themselves, not the governments fault haha.

despect
14-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Eh. They probably have better things to do. I say if someone texts and drives and either hurts or kills themselves, not the governments fault haha.

It is if they aren't doing everything they can to prevent it from happening. I think if someone hurts themselves when texting and driving then the blame can be put on them though so yeah I do agree, it's just a different matter if they hurt someone else.

Landon
14-03-2017, 09:23 PM
It is if they aren't doing everything they can to prevent it from happening. I think if someone hurts themselves when texting and driving then the blame can be put on them though so yeah I do agree, it's just a different matter if they hurt someone else.

Yeah yeah, I just mean like there's not really anything the gov can do to prevent someone from picking up their phone on the road. That's human rights right there haha. No one will stop someone that does it.

despect
14-03-2017, 09:25 PM
Yeah yeah, I just mean like there's not really anything the gov can do to prevent someone from picking up their phone on the road. That's human rights right there haha. No one will stop someone that does it.

Itll be hard to completely stop it, agreed. But they can makes the chances of it happening smaller :)

Brad
16-03-2017, 08:36 PM
I think another thing I've realized in the last week is those living on Welfare and Ontario Works who refuse to get jobs, complain about having no money, but yet uses the money they do have on alcohol and partying.
I get frustrated because I work my butt off for what I have, and I work 45+ hrs a week to get by and they sit on their butt all day.

Landon
16-03-2017, 08:50 PM
I think another thing I've realized in the last week is those living on Welfare and Ontario Works who refuse to get jobs, complain about having no money, but yet uses the money they do have on alcohol and partying.
I get frustrated because I work my butt off for what I have, and I work 45+ hrs a week to get by and they sit on their butt all day.

The welfare system here in America really pisses off a lot of us conservatives. No one (conservatives) want to pay our money to those that go and pick up paychecks from us without doing a damn thing. Really disturbing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!