PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a drone?

Landon
23-03-2017, 05:24 PM
https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/4msTlDowQcKS7Df_oz-j4bY75yY=/770x433/2016/01/19/0f74d474-8477-4d60-a897-a77a695cb090/dji-phantom-3-standard-14.jpg

Interesting topic here! Anyone on the forum have a drone? Mine is pictured above, it's the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Hell of a lot of fun. I enjoy shooting videos and flying around in general. Really is a fun way to pass time and I love it as a hobby.

Check out this video that I put together a while back:

https://youtu.be/t4aoEk9K4Jk

Let me know your experiences

despect
23-03-2017, 05:30 PM
Nooo but omg it looks so cool! How much is it to buy?

Charlie
23-03-2017, 05:40 PM
I don't, doubt I'll get one too. I think I'd be really bad at flying it and either break or lose it.

Landon
23-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Nooo but omg it looks so cool! How much is it to buy?

By putting it into the converter, you can find the actual unit itself for about 320, although, I bought more accessories and all of the fancy stuff. I ended up putting down about 600 pounds. :)

I don't, doubt I'll get one too. I think I'd be really bad at flying it and either break or lose it.

You would be very surprised. They are incredibly easy to fly. And just as well, if you fly it too far and your control goes out of range, it will fly back to where you started. It connects to about 13 satellites based on my experience and has full GPS. It also has stabilization so it flies very well in the wind.

despect
23-03-2017, 05:49 PM
By putting it into the converter, you can find the actual unit itself for about 320, although, I bought more accessories and all of the fancy stuff. I ended up putting down about 600 pounds. :)

You would be very surprised. They are incredibly easy to fly. And just as well, if you fly it too far and your control goes out of range, it will fly back to where you started. It connects to about 13 satellites based on my experience and has full GPS. It also has stabilization so it flies very well in the wind.

Ohhh thats not as bad as I thought!

Landon
23-03-2017, 05:50 PM
Ohhh thats not as bad as I thought!

You can get ones of higher quality with better cameras and range by the same company. You'd expect to pay around or over 1000 pounds.

despect
23-03-2017, 05:52 PM
You can get ones of higher quality with better cameras and range by the same company. You'd expect to pay around or over 1000 pounds.

Are the ones that are cheaper still have a good quality camera?

Landon
23-03-2017, 05:55 PM
Are the ones that are cheaper still have a good quality camera?

Yeah, go to my video and max out the quality. It is in 2.7K. Looks outstanding. Only thing my drone doesn't have is the ability to shoot at a high framerate. That's what I try to shoot my video in one orientation. Then I edit out when I either turn the drone to face a different direction or change the angle of the camera.

Chris
23-03-2017, 07:37 PM
Nope I dont, too expensive and wouldn't have time to fly it anyway.

LUCPIX
23-03-2017, 11:58 PM
https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/4msTlDowQcKS7Df_oz-j4bY75yY=/770x433/2016/01/19/0f74d474-8477-4d60-a897-a77a695cb090/dji-phantom-3-standard-14.jpg

Interesting topic here! Anyone on the forum have a drone? Mine is pictured above, it's the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Hell of a lot of fun. I enjoy shooting videos and flying around in general. Really is a fun way to pass time and I love it as a hobby.

Check out this video that I put together a while back:

https://youtu.be/t4aoEk9K4Jk

Let me know your experiences

Ummm no!??!?!?

You say this with such naturality lol - is it that common to see people driving drones from where u live???

Landon
24-03-2017, 12:27 AM
Ummm no!??!?!?

You say this with such naturality lol - is it that common to see people driving drones from where u live???

flying* ;)

Not entirely. There are a decent amount of people that have them. It is quite controversial though.

LUCPIX
24-03-2017, 01:53 AM
flying* ;)

Not entirely. There are a decent amount of people that have them. It is quite controversial though.

controversial? why? there's a lot of advantages

it eases some of the most banal day-to-day activities, such as taking high-res pics of the crush while they're in the shower

Landon
24-03-2017, 03:41 AM
controversial? why? there's a lot of advantages

it eases some of the most banal day-to-day activities, such as taking high-res pics of the crush while they're in the shower

Exactly! But some owners are quite careless with them and pose a risk flying over people... Not saying I don't. But I have tried to work on it.

Alkaz
24-03-2017, 11:09 AM
No, I dont see the point. I dont make Youtube videos or anything like that. My brother has one though.

Stephen
24-03-2017, 01:27 PM
only thing i ever hear about drones is how they almost hit planes or helicopters
don't some drones have a no fly zone feature though

i remember someone had a drone in a video and was moaning cos he didn't know why it kept saying no fly zone (fucking duh maybe it means no fly zone)

Landon
24-03-2017, 04:34 PM
only thing i ever hear about drones is how they almost hit planes or helicopters
don't some drones have a no fly zone feature though

i remember someone had a drone in a video and was moaning cos he didn't know why it kept saying no fly zone (fucking duh maybe it means no fly zone)

Lol some do. The majority of my flying is in no fly zones because I am within 5 miles of an airport unfortunately.

My city doesn't make a big deal about it. I got called in one time because someone thought I was stalking them. The cop just asked me to keep it over the streets if I could and went on his way.

nat965
05-04-2017, 07:16 AM
I don't own one, but I've flown a few before. They're awesome. Easier to fly than a model helicopter thats for sure (I think anyway)

Matt
05-04-2017, 07:18 AM
I do not

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!